• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ditto suffers most of all from not being Ditto. It can have Metal Powder or Quick Powder, which raise Durability or Speed... but only while it's a Ditto.

Does anyone know if Ditto keeps its IQ Skills while turned into a non-Pokemon like Lisa? IIRC, there is precedent for using IQ Skills on Pokemon pages. If so, Ditto's IQ Group is A:

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/IQ#IQ_groups Unfortunately, I'm unsure if many are very useful as or against Lisa, other than Item Master, since it would let it throw an item if it becomes useless.

How good is Ditto's capacity to copy Lisa's skill?

Then there's the matter of Stamina:

Stamina: High (Stamina is the only thing Ditto doesn't copy when transforming, Pokémon can remain in a fight for a long while)

Stamina: Very high. Lisa is capable of taking on multiple wrestlers without breaking a sweat.

(Suddenly, all those Pokedex entries some Pokemon have mentioning pro wrestlers feel oddly prescient now.)

Ditto also has two weaknesses: Being made to laugh & relaxing, both of which can cause it to undo its transformation. But if Lisa doesn't know about them, how likely is she to make her opponent laugh or relax?

So, uhhh, yeah.

I think this match depends on if Ditto as Lisa gets her skills, & if it still has its own IQ Skills, & maybe if it had any of its Standard Equipment.

As Imaginym said, it depends if Ditto can copy Lisa's skill, athough I'm unsure if their IQ would matter as is only avarage (And I don't know if Ditto can also copy IQ)

If they can copy Lisa's skill, inconclusive or Lista, as while both are pretty much equally capable fighters, Hamilton can outlast it in endurance. If they can't then Lisa as Ditto may know her techniques but is unable to properly use those, which can give her a solid advantage plus having higher stamina.

I vote for Hamilton 7/10 diff.

While I understand it is "High" vs "Very High", AFAIK, our Stamina rating system isn't all that consistent. How long & intense have Lisa's fights been?

(Although, as is often the case with Ditto, not knowing how to use its opponent's stuff probably means even being matched or better in stamina MIGHT not be enough.)

Imaginym said:
While I understand it is "High" vs "Very High", AFAIK, our Stamina rating system isn't all that consistent. How long & intense have Lisa's fights been?
(Although, as is often the case with Ditto, not knowing how to use its opponent's stuff probably means even being matched or better in stamina MIGHT not be enough.)
Anyone know the answer to that question?

Imaginym said:
Imaginym said:
Anyone know the answer to that question?
I'm assuming Ditto copies the stamina of the opponent, but I'll have to fact check and look through some other Ditto Versus Threads to be sure.

@MaverickIsTheHype: I don't think you have to.

Stamina: High (Stamina is the only thing Ditto doesn't copy when transforming, Pokémon can remain in a fight for a long while)

The basis is likely that the move Transform doesn't change the user's current, nor max HP. I dunno if there's been other evidence provided, but it's what the profile says.

Imaginym said:
@MaverickIsTheHype: I don't think you have to.

The basis is likely that the move Transform doesn't change the user's current, nor max HP. I dunno if there's been other evidence provided, but it's what the profile says.
That makes sense.

The match has kinda already been discussed. You'd think it'd be easy for folks to just come in & make a conclusion.

I don’t see why Ditto couldn’t copy Lisa’s skills. After all, he can transform into Pokèmon and gain their own skills (Such as transforming into Machamp, one of the most skilled pokemon to exist, and easily being able to contest with it instantly). In addition, Pokèmon in general are naturally skilled on their own.
What’s the ‘floor tier’ for Ditto in this match? If Lisa’s weaker than it I doubt it’d try to transform into her, and it could easily defeat her in its base in that case.

I don’t see why Ditto couldn’t copy Lisa’s skills. After all, he can transform into Pokèmon and gain their own skills (Such as transforming into Machamp, one of the most skilled pokemon to exist, and easily being able to contest with it instantly). In addition, Pokèmon in general are naturally skilled on their own.
What’s the ‘floor tier’ for Ditto in this match? If Lisa’s weaker than it I doubt it’d try to transform into her, and it could easily defeat her in its base in that case.
Ditto starts off the battle transformed as Lisa, so the last statement is a non factor. But thanks for clarifying on Ditto's ability to copy skills.

So Ditto copies Lisa's form & skills & tier, but does it retain any of its own skill/intelligence? Its stamina?
Or is this just effectively Lisa Hamilton vs a clone of herself?

I guess it comes down to intelligence & whether or not Ditto can use Lisa's own techniques better than her. Though I'm not 100% sure.

It probably won’t be able to use Lisa’s Techniques better. It should be comparable though, as if Lisa were fighting a mirror. This could also come to Stamina- who can last longer in their fight? Pokèmon are naturally able to withstand extremely long battles, so it’s stamina is quite high.
As for intelligence... not quite sure. A large majority of Pokemon, as well as Ditto in every instance it has been shown, have been displayed as sentient and intelligent. In every display of Ditto, it has been smart enough to comprehend convoluted Schemes or Machinery, such as when it transformed into a Cannon to blast Team Rocket or one of them willingly learned how to perfectly copy something (which it struggled with previously) to help the trio catch Pokémon. So they’re at least smart, especially battle-wise since it’s a Pokemon.

Has anyone even really provided a solid wincon for Lisa? No one’s really explained their Stamina yet (and it also doesn’t make much sense, fighting multiple opponents is typically a a Skill Feat and Pokèmon can casually battle large amounts of Pokemon due to Hoarde Battles and Pokemon that come in flocks being common) and they share the same Skills and Tier due to Transform.

I am pretty sure Ditto can copy skill, or else it wouldn't be able to replicate fighting type moves.

Back