• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll go with Sephy on this one. Reasons are similar to the Cloud vs Link one: Sephy has a very big AP and durability advantage to the point he can one shot and resists most of Links hax abilities.

I'd even argue this is even a wider gap, I mean, Sephy is in many ways a souped up Cloud: Sephy is faster and stronger (if you take their AC fight as Sephy holding back to torture Cloud, but he did outspeed Cloud and then overpower him very noticeably at different points), has all of Clouds magic abilities and resistances on top of his own set of skills and better defensive options. He's also more experienced than Cloud on top of the whole knowledge from the lifestream he got.

The only big difference I see in Link's favor is that given Sephy is one evil bastard the Master Sword and Silver Arrows would work much better against him, but I dunno if well enough to make up for the durability difference.

And I am tempted to say the Supernova would end Link... but I am sure the Hylian Hero must have several ways of escaping it =P

I vote for Sephiroth as well. As Tarta says, he has essentially Cloud's advantages and a slightly more so on top of a bunch of tricks of his own: spammable blade beams, illusions, intangibility, unlimited stamina (contrasting with Link's limited ammo), telekinesis to restrain his opponents. Pandora's Box ignores defenses and Magic Breath, Ultima and Comet can't be reflected. And all of his offensive skills are potentially lethal for Link.

He can also cast silence which would completely cripple Link >=V

But in all seriousness, how can Link escape the Supernova? Time Travelling is an option I guess, but can he just stop and play an melody in the middle of a battle? I may be missing something, perhaps he has dimension hopping or something. I can see him for example, using the Magic Mirror to escape to the Sacred Realm for the International Supernova, but does he have enough time to escape for the japanese one which comes out much faster? If it counts of course.

I going with Seph FRA. He resists a lot of Link's stuff including BFR since he can dimensional travel and has much higher AP

Again, does Link resurrection work here?

If it does, he can pretty much come back enough times to realize that starting with ancient arrow or One-Hit Obliterator is the better option.

Chrisras said:
Again, does Link resurrection work here?

If it does, he can pretty much come back enough times to realize that starting with ancient arrow or One-Hit Obliterator is the better option.
Sephiroth can hit souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back