• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Like many others. Earl is bidding farewell

I have been teasing this moment for a while by now mostly through discord, and i guess it's time now. I have been a member for over 3 years, that's...quite some time to say the least. It has been a rather enjoyable time with everyone here, but everything eventually comes to an end.

Why am I leaving?
Well i could mention a bunch of reasons. The site is far from perfect, the staff and managing group aren't all great and the community dying slowly with more and more people leaving, so that definitely takes away from the complete experience, however those aren't the reasons I am leaving. If I were to name the main reason why I am leaving I would have to say "real life".

University and work do get harder with each passing year so their impact can be felt, but more than that I guess I am just growing out of vs debating. I do not feel the same drive as i did when i first joined, debating feels more and more dull and uninteresting to me and i find myself more often debating science rather than fiction. I thought maybe it was running out of verses to care about, but even adding new characters from verses not in the site, just didn't make me feel like i want to debate them. I even tried making a chaos thread like the old days and i found myself caring more about memes than the arguments.

Debating just doesn't seem to "hit" anymore, so what would be the point of being part of a debating site?

Is this goodbye forever?
It will be goodbye to frequent checking threads, i will not be commenting on threads anymore and probably won't monitor them either, however I am still active on discord as always and if need be i am always up to answer questions people might have. So for anyone who wants to ask questions or just wants to say hi, feel free to jump on. You can find my discord on my wiki profile. Earl#7818

Special thanks:

@Ionliosite - Always been fun having you around in threads.
@Zaratthustra - The chinamen himself. No that was not a typo, i did mean chinamen. He represents all chinese novel characters. The grand daddy of 3000+ chapters
@Oblivion_Of_The_Endless - It all started from that Yogiri vs Ikki match huh? We've come a long way.

@The_real_cal_howard - Never really liked you in threads and you didn't like me either, but the DMs are where its at. It was always fun having you around in discord to discuss about the most random stuff and hopefully we shall keep doing that. Talking with you has always been a treat.

@Iapitus_The_Impaler - The first friend I made on the site, you basically taught me how things worked when i just started out. Do you feel proud of what you have raised?

@Matthew_Schroeder - You were never the fun to debate type, but you sure were the fun to discuss light novels type. Site you vs discord you are 2 different people, possibly even 3.

@Agnaa - You're 1 of the people I have argued with the most throughout my days here and regardless of the conclusion, the situation or the side you were picking it is rare to read 1 of your arguments and not see your point. It has always been a treat.

@Dargoo_Faust and @Schnee_One - The staff members i respect the most on the site. Simple as that.

@Sir_Ovens - It was always fun debating you and creating chaos threads that would eventually be closed for toxicity, it wasn't always enjoyable, but it sure gave me a drive to keep debating when you were around.

And I know that with everyone here I've had my ups and downs, there were times when we disagreed or got angry, but as a wise man once told me:

If you can get angry at yourself, imagine what could happen with others.

And with this I, Earl, bid farewell.

Last edited:
Oh well Earl, I can really understand how you feel, it all starts well but then you just no longer find it as entertaining.
Farewell, I hope your future goes well.

We'll I knew this was coming from discord and all that but still sad to see you leave. Don't have that much to say since we'll continue to talk on discord.

Haven't yet read a novel that alone has 3000+ chapters, but who knows what will be in the future.

"Journey before destination."

Take care Earl.

While I always have questions your tactics or motives on a regular basis, I did have respect for you and I will miss you regardless.

So long gay Bowser. See you in 5 min on Discord.

Seriously though, if you wish to come back at any time just do so, don't go like "I made a leaving thread so it'll be embarassing if I come back" smh.

Also, you definitely can't see Mt Tai. The Chinamen are all one, and Zara is us. One day, you shall be assimilated into the Dao, and will reach true enlightenment.

Last edited:
Goodbye and please take care of yourself. You are always welcome back if you should change your mind.

Damn I've been here longer than you have, not as active of course but its a shocker to me.

Still, best of luck in your other endeavors man.

Back