• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lightning Speed in the Naruto Universe.

I was seeing some calculations of some Naruto characters and I found one from Kakashi intercepting Raiton: Gian from Kakuzu, I realized that they had accepted that Jutsu was a real lightning, but they didn't use the speed of a real lightning from Narutoverse, and used the our universe, I wanted to know why.

A real lightning in the Naruto universe has a higher speed than our own based on Kirin using the manga and databook.

Kuro Zetsu states that what Sasuke would use wasn't something that people naturally do with the use of the chakra and the manipulation of its nature , Sasuke states that the source of power itself came from the lightnings of the sky and Kuro Zetsu confirms saying that he wouldn't be bluffing and states that a lightning takes 1/1000 of a second to descend from the clouds to land , leading to the belief that Kirin really was a real lightning.

Not only the manga, but Databook himself explains how jutsu works and says that the technique uses the phenomenon of nature (the lightinings) to attack, using only the small amount of chakra to shape it and direct it to the target.

So I was wondering, if Raiton was accepted as a real lightning why not use Kirin's Speed (a real lightning) instead of the speed of a real lightning in our universe?

I think you answered your own question.

Raiton in Naruto is created by chakra and although it has several natural characteristics and is normally carried as extremely fast, a natural lightning in Naruto is stated to be faster than in real life (or at least, than most real lightnings).

There is a distinction between the speed and power of both. That is why Raiton is usually accepted as 440 km/s, while Kirin/natural lightning in Naruto varies between 1000 to 2000 km/s or higher.

But then I believe it would be ignoring a fact within the universe. Yes, the calculation was made for Kirin, but it can be applied to any and all real lightning within Narutoverse since it is literally a real lightning, so I believe that Kirin's speed should be used in other feats based on real lightning.

I understand what you say, but that's not my question.

According to what I saw, they accepted the imposed fact that this specific Raiton had the speed of a natural lightning, something compared to Kirin in speed.
I do not say any and all Raiton, even because I am aware that Raiton are accepted as having the speed of a real lightning of our world, here on the Wiki, my discomfort is accepting to be a real lightning and not using the speed of a real lightning of Narutoverse, that would be Kirin's speed.

Naruto and Boruto made it clear that there is a difference between the natural elements / phenomena and Ninjutsu.

Kirin is more like a natural phenomenon, than a Raiton itself. It's in the category, because with Raiton, Sasuke can control him.

His discomfort was answered, as it is clearly seen and stated that the natural lightning is faster than Raiton in general (however much he has real characteristics).

Back