• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lifting strength when pushing someone with a certain LS

If character A punches and pushes back character B who has lifting strength class Y, would that cause character A to scale to lifting strength class Y as well?

No

Character A didn't push Character B due to LS, but rather due to the impact of his punch (Aka, Striking Strength)
I’ve always been curious, what if the character is specifically trying to push the other. I guess it’s obvious if it’s like an extended push, but what if they are very clearly trying to shove them, like actually just push them rather than hit them.

No, since Character A wouldn't be heavy as a planet
But wouldn't character A exert force to avoid being lifting or pushed? I mean, there are characters who have a certain LS to avoid being sucked into black holes since they exert force to avoid be sucked in, character A couldn't
exert force to avoid being pushed or lifted?

I’ve always been curious, what if the character is specifically trying to push the other. I guess it’s obvious if it’s like an extended push, but what if they are very clearly trying to shove them, like actually just push them rather than hit them.
If the character is indeed "pushing" the other (Similar to how this giant monster is pushing this robot), then yes, both characters are comparable in LS

But wouldn't character A exert force to avoid being lifting or pushed? I mean, there are characters who have a certain LS to avoid being sucked into black holes since they exert force to avoid be sucked in, character A couldn't exert force to avoid being pushed or lifted?
Not necessairly

Like, this guy can lift 500kg, however, his weight definitely ins't equal to 500kg

If you have enough strength to lift his weight then you should be capable of doing so, however, you shouldn't be able to do the same if he exerts force against you trying to lift him

If the character is indeed "pushing" the other (Similar to how this giant monster is pushing this robot), then yes, both characters are comparable in LS

Not necessairly

Like, this guy can lift 500kg, however, his weight definitely ins't equal to 500kg

If you have enough strength to lift his weight then you should be capable of doing so, however, you shouldn't be able to do the same if he exerts force against you trying to lift him
Well, I think this clarified my doubts. So thanks

Back