• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Let's see if this will be fair. Dante (Devil May Cry) vs Soma Cruz (Castlevania)

- DMC1 Dante used, both are at Low 2-C keys

- Speed is equalized

- They are in character

- Sparda Devil Trigger is restricted, but Devil Sword Sparda can still be used

Dante

Soma Cruz

Yeap, since he will also have Dracula's powers there.

Honestly don't know, hoping for Castlevania supporters to come here to say what he is capable off.

Conceptual Manipulation (Type 2), Soul Manipulation and Void Manipulation / Existence Erasing (Through the Power of Dominance he can absorb the Souls of the beings he kills and erase souls from existence with said power too, this extends even to Abstract Embodiments like Death, Supernatural Luck (His Souls make him luckier), Curse Manipulation (Which can prevent the target to use their weapons, cast spells or use items, and rapidly drain magic)

My guess this is Soma's wincons here.

Well, CM2 is on every attack, since he can harm AE type 1 like Chaos, but not sure about EE tho, i think he start with Sealing in Dawn of the Sorrow iirc

That's with the power of dominance, something he can do with the demons there because they are part of chaos and Soma/Dracula controls that.

Unless verse equalization makes Dante part of Chaos that wont work

But you don't need CM2 for interacting/harming AE1, thats just higher lvl of NPI.

Besides Dante has Alastor to precog and tell him what happens next. So Dante may actually be aware of threat and decide to go all out with Time-stop and Jackpot.

Yeah, he also have that too, so let's wait for others to see their opinions about this.

I almost sure now that Lawerence Valcua is likely the only vampire guy that can tango with Dante whiteout being a stomp on Dante's favor or against him or even a decisive victory for or against him.

I can say for sure Soma has a big AP advantage, since Dante's basically scales higher than Nightmare while Castlevania has a huge Low 2-C scaling chain, and as Dark Lord, Soma sits at the very peak of the verse except Julius and Chaos itself, he also has Mid-High Regeneration in this key

That said, if verse equalization kicks in, Soma's power of dominance will work (Demons are part of Dracula's domain), and it's fairly in character since collecting enemies' Souls is the main thing in the game, including Death's own Soul (His Sealing is also able to nuke Death). His Curse Manip is basically a power null, but its roots are via a curse and I don't really remember Dante having Resistance to that

That's basically what I think Soma can try

I can say for sure Soma has a big AP advantage, since Dante's basically scales higher than Nightmare while Castlevania has a huge Low 2-C scaling chain, and as Dark Lord, Soma sits at the very peak of the verse except Julius and Chaos itself, he also has Mid-High Regeneration in this key
AP is irrelevant because of Low-Godly here, Mid-High will alow him to survive Dante's High-Mid regen neg here, but not sure if Soma can tank Dante's soul hax tho
That said, if verse equalization kicks in, Soma's power of dominance will work (Demons are part of Dracula's domain), and it's fairly in character since collecting enemies' Souls is the main thing in the game, including Death's own Soul (His Sealing is also able to nuke Death).
Fair enough for me Soma's power of dominance working on Dante.
His Curse Manip is basically a power null, but its roots are via a curse and I don't really remember Dante having Resistance to that
He don't have resistance to curse hax, so it's can work on Dante as another wincon for Soma, unless Dante's RE can adapt to that, but idk honestly.

Afaik, Reactive Evolution can't give you new abilities or Resistances Mid VS Thread, that goes for Tiers aswell, also since this one power nulls him, I dunno if it would work. This Curse also absorbs energy which is specially dangerous for Dante as he works on a Universal Energy System and prevents him from using weapons, which is another big problem

Their Low Godly is overtime in base and Devil Trigger has a time limit, so despite helping Dante, it can't save him forever even more when Soma used his Sealing on every single boss enemy he fought (and that's canon since you NEED to do it in order to defeat the boss), and he can Seal abstracts like Death, so it's quite not a normal sealing.

I dunno what is Dante's Soul Hax level currently, Castlevania's Soul Hax level is insane but not quite Infinite

Verse equalization is a case by case thing and I don't know if making energies similar is the same as making Dante part of Chaos but let's says Verse equalization makes him part of chaos just to see what would happen.

Dante is not a human nor is he a full demon, his nature would be like akin to someone like Alucard who lacks the connection to Chaos like all other demons do (because he is a hybrid) so if verse equalization somehow made it for his nature/physiology then he wouldn't be affected

Afaik, Reactive Evolution can't give you new abilities or Resistances Mid VS Thread, that goes for Tiers aswell

It can tho, Garou/682 are examples of that

I remember Garou's thread, and it was bs, they were assuming him jumping Tiers and resisting everything which is wrong, later it was nuked

Also like I said, the curse is a power null that drains Magic (which is what makes Dante work), even assuming it can give him resistance isn't enough to say he's safe when it's absorbing the very base of his power

Dante is not a human nor is he a full demon, his nature would be like akin to someone like Alucard who lacks the connection to Chaos like all other demons do (because he is a hybrid) so if verse equalization somehow made it for his nature/physiology then he wouldn't be affected

It was never stated that it's Alucard's Human Half that removed him from Chaos/Power of Dominance (He stated that that his Blood as a whole is cursed), but I guess there is a mistake on their profiles, some time ago everyone had Resistance to Chaos and that was nuked (For obvious reasons), however Alucard was the only one that should actually resist since he is a Chaos based being and isn't affected for being Resistant, I guess there was a mistake

Last edited:
Their Low Godly is overtime in base and Devil Trigger has a time limit, so despite helping Dante, it can't save him forever even more when Soma used his Sealing on every single boss enemy he fought (and that's canon since you NEED to do it in order to defeat the boss), and he can Seal abstracts like Death, so it's quite not a normal sealing.
Dante was able to hold DT for 3 hours against Urizen, so that should not be a problem for him and he still can survive as a soul (Demons being evil spirits in DMC). Dante resist sealing (Malphas's stones), unless Soma's sealing bypass resistances and affecting AE being is just NP unless, i'm mistaken here
I dunno what is Dante's Soul Hax level currently, Castlevania's Soul Hax level is insane but not quite Infinite
The thread is dead, so is still 4D because of DWE being a 4D structure.

I remember Garou's thread, and it was bs, they were assuming him jumping Tiers and resisting everything which is wrong, later it was nuked
RE can give you resistances in mid battle 682, Rimuru and Anos are example of that. Garou case seems NFL territory if they are assuming he adapt to everything in others verses, including broken haxs without proof, i don't think Garou case is the same as other RE users on the wiki including Dante tho.
Also like I said, the curse is a power null that drains Magic (which is what makes Dante work), even assuming it can give him resistance isn't enough to say he's safe when it's absorbing the very base of his power
Fair enough here for me.

Power of Dominance root is Conceptual, which means Dante doesn't resist

Dante also doesn't have High Regen Neg on his profile and honestly shouldn't have. We see him nuking Beowulf's Regen, we see him nuking Argosax's Regen, that is why he has Negation on their level, but nothing was shown about the Frosts, that's why at that time we didn't added this to Dante's power list, Soul Hax already deals with them with no further details but I dunno, don't really care

If he is 4D, this fight is completely pointless like Saga said

Iirc Soul hax can kill people with physical regen no doubt, but it doesn't neg regen for injuries if you still have soul and alive.
Well, that's true tho, but if they soul is not destroyed, than they can keep being alive as souls, which is not the case as we know they are dead when Dante fought than.

If he is 4D, this fight is completely pointless like Saga said
Well, a stomp than. well it's was a good try tho.

Back