• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Let's get rid of 5-C+ Naruto, m'kay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of these Naruto upgrades. Ah, it really does bring a tear to my eye.
Okay, time for a downgrade.

As we speak, all of the god-tiers in Naruto (i.e., anybody with Six Paths power, the Ōtsutsuki, and Tenseigan Chakra Mode Toneri, etc.) are Moon level+ based off of this feat, in which Toneri slices the Moon in half. There is also this calculation, but this was performed by two people meaning it is halved, which brings it to a smidgen below the plus threshold.

Wait, the users of the Chibaku Tensei are not piling the rocks on top of the target, they just make the target the center of attraction.

The calculation assumes that the distance that the halves of the Moon travwelled is 30822.6765187 m, based on the frame when the cut was made. However, a later scene shows us that the slice is not all that big. In fact, if you do the numbers, it comes out to roughly 8 m wide. You could claim "inconsistency" or "Death of the Author" all you want, but this is how the slice is depicted as in several frames. In fact, the slice is so small, that it cannot be seen from Earth, not even through a telescope which can make out the craters though, with those being between 20-150 km in diameter. This means that the slice itself is smaller than 20 km in diameter. Even if we were to assume that the slice was that length, you would get results from Large Country level to Continent level which is very unimpressive for a god-tier.

Of course, Toneri still has his moon moving feat, Hagaromo and Hamura and Naruto and Sasuke have their Six Paths: Chibaku Tensei feat (ehhh), and that's it.

In conclusion, anybody who scales from the moon slice is downgraded from 5-C+ to 5-C.

A thread with the same intent as you got shut down because of “art inconsistency” and some more reasons.

WHY MUST EVERYBODY RUIN MY PLANS?
moon level+ for splitting a moon is still pretty gross, high kinetic energy or not

y'know, while we're here, can anybody inform me on why naruto has self-sustenance and not the other members of the team real quick?
is it because of his leap to save toneri by any chance?

WHY MUST EVERYBODY RUIN MY PLANS?
moon level+ for splitting a moon is still pretty gross, high kinetic energy or not
We’ve been playing this game for a while, there aren’t many things with Naruto that haven’t been tried already

I'm not going to argue this too strongly because I'm fairly over and done with the topic... but I think we need to clarify why the current accepted size used in the calc is the one that is used and not some other value.

The OP has presented at least five different viewpoints of the gap created in the Moon. Each of which look fairly consistent with each other and not consistent with the viewpoint of the gap from far, far away.

The claim from what I can tell is that every single shot of the Moon, besides the one from far, far away, are the ones that are inconsistent.

Why can't it be the other way around?

I'm trying to imagine a comparable scenario where we see an explosion consuming a large part of a forest; and then we cut back to the after-math of the explosion and we have half a dozen shots of only ten trees being destroyed instead of the majority of the forest.

I'm not going to argue this too strongly because I'm fairly over and done with the topic... but I think we need to clarify why the current accepted size used in the calc is the one that is used and not some other value.

The OP has presented at least five different viewpoints of the gap created in the Moon. Each of which look fairly consistent with each other and not consistent with the viewpoint of the gap from far, far away.

The claim from what I can tell is that every single shot of the Moon, besides the one from far, far away, are the ones that are inconsistent.

Why can't it be the other way around?

I'm trying to imagine a comparable scenario where we see an explosion consuming a large part of a forest; and then we cut back to the after-math of the explosion and we have half a dozen shots of only ten trees being destroyed instead of the majority of the forest.
This was already discussed in the previous thread.

This was already discussed in the previous thread.
Yeah, but I like to be the Devil's Advocate.

The conclusion in the previous thread is just "It's not consistent with the wide shot of the Moon."

I'm just a bit put off that we decide that the one shot of the Moon from the far away is the only correct visual, and that even if we got a dozen other visuals which are consistent with each other, that they must be wrong.

One possible way of accounting for the differences is to calculate the feat with both distance values and use both of them as the end result. Just a thought.

Yeah, but I like to be the Devil's Advocate.

The conclusion in the previous thread is just "It's not consistent with the wide shot of the Moon."

I'm just a bit put off that we decide that the one shot of the Moon from the far away is the only correct visual, and that even if we got a dozen other visuals which are consistent with each other, that they must be wrong.
It was more than just that, and no new evidence has been brought up either.

I agree with it being more of an art inconsistency issue. Look back to the Naruto + Sasuke Moon creation feat where they sealed Kaguya. After the sealing is complete, the panel depicts the moon thousands of Kilometers above the planet but in a couple panels later, we see it seemingly closer to the ground. Ignoring the fact that it’s difficult to se how far away from the ground it is, it’s pretty clearly an art error in which the author isn’t depicting various scenes to perfect scale with each other which makes sense especially when considering the magnitude of the sizes of the objects in question.

Besides as you stated earlier, using the scene of the feat in question is >>>> more reliable than trying to use any other frame afterward.

Even besides that, considering the moon is also moving closer to earth during this period, it’s likely the pierces also just got back together.

Since the OP has conceded, does anyone object if I close the thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back