• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lapis Lazuli's speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, Lapis Lazuli's speed is a massive outlier, their aren't even any other relativsitic characters in Steven Universe to my knowledge.

Second off, the calculation is very shaky for a couple reasons

• It assumes that each episode only spans a single day and it assumes that no time passes between the episodes
  • Their is no definitive proof Lapis even made it to Gemworld
  • The calculation relies on a single sentence from a song in the extended intro, to proove Gemworld is beyond our Solar System. I can't find any other proof that Gemworld is beyond our Solar System.
For these reasons, i can't see why Lapis is rated as MFTL+

It can't be an outlier when it only applies to travel speed and clearly doesn't scale to other characters. An outlier requires something to contradict everything a character shows before and everything they show after. Lapis only has that one travel feat to strictly apply to her travel speed.

So how long do you propose it takes?

So what?

How about the fact that no humans know about the Homeworld for the past 6,000 years? We have a fairly good grasp of what our solar system looks like, and we'd definately notice a ninth planet.

• Hmm, i've heard Lapis is not the strongest Gem, so i don't see why it would not scale to Gem's stronger than her, making it an outlier.
  • We really can't tell, we can't assume 1 episode equals 1 day, we cant assume no time takes place between each episode. That said, this calc, seem's much more reasonable.
  • If Lapis didn't make it to Gemworld then the calc is null...
  • Advanced civilization's could exist in the Kuiper Belt without us knowing, untill recently, we had no idea what Pluto really looked like, their could have been sprawling civilizations. I really doubt the creators have your thought process though, "because we haven't found extraterrestrial life in our Solar System, extraterrestrial life doesn't exist in Steven's Solar System".

From what we've seen, the only stronger Gems are Malachite and presumably Yellow Diamond. The Crystal Gems never fight Lapis directly, and they never interrupt her flight. The only one that does is Jasper, but we do see in Ocean Gem that Lapis had to accelerate a little before leaving to the Homeworld.

You're just saying "we can't assume" without proof that we can't. If you can find better evidence, share it. Also, about that calc, it's assuming Lapis took the maximum possible timeframe to reach the Homeworld, not taking into account that she would have had to be there for at least a few days, as Azathoth expresses well with this: She also likely wouldn't have been immediately flown back to Earth, as it seemed she had been interrogated and was incredibly confused with all the new developments on Homeworld, meaning she was likely there for at the very least a few days before Jasper and Peridot took her prisoner and flew to Earth.

Why wouldn't she have not made it to the Homeworld?

I don't think you understand what I mean. Humanity, with all our technology, should be able to find out there are more than eight planets in our solar system, but humanity in SU has not had contact with the Gem species for the past six millennia.

wasn't Pearl who said than she and Steven will be back from Homeworld in 50 years in "Space Race? If that was a round trip, that must have been late 25 years (max.) in a rocket flight, at a speed of 7.5 km/s (min. by a space rocket) that is almost 6 thousand million of kilimeters from the Earth to Homeworld; If we assume than Lapis reached Homeworld in 26 days, that put lapis's speed in 2600 km/s aprox. (min.)... correct me if I'm wrong please

There's no way whatsoever the Homeworld is that close and humans haven't seen the Gems in 6,000 years.

I was thinking in that too, but is all I got, don't remember I heard about Homeworld is outside the Solar System; so the rocket made for Pearl was faster than than it looks...

Antoniofer said:
wasn't Pearl who said than she and Steven will be back from Homeworld in 50 years in "Space Race? If that was a round trip, that must have been late 25 years (max.) in a rocket flight, at a speed of 7.5 km/s (min. by a space rocket) that is almost 6 thousand million of kilimeters from the Earth to Homeworld; If we assume than Lapis reached Homeworld in 26 days, that put lapis's speed in 2600 km/s aprox. (min.)... correct me if I'm wrong please
She wasn't taking him to homeworld

The Everlasting

Humans not noticing Gemworld is a pretty lame excuse, because I doubt the creators of the show had that in mind. Look at Doctor Who for example, aliens invade every other day, sci-fi stuff happens every other day, yet most Humans don't know aliens exist.

If Gemworld is Eris, Pluto, or one of the many yet to be found Dwarf Planets in the Kuiper Belt, their could easily be civilization on it without Humans noticing.

UncleSpaceman said:
The Everlasting

Humans not noticing Gemworld is a pretty lame excuse, because I doubt the creators of the show had that in mind. Look at Doctor Who for example, aliens invade every other day, sci-fi stuff happens every other day, yet most Humans don't know aliens exist.

If Gemworld is Eris, Pluto, or one of the many yet to be found Dwarf Planets in the Kuiper Belt, their could easily be civilization on it without Humans noticing.
OMG this thread was unnecessary. Pearl has literally stated that Homeworld is not within Earth's solar system.

That's more just an inconsistency on Doctor Who's part, especially considering how blatant it is at points (Heck, I'm pretty sure it was a plot point in "The End of TIme" that the people of London didn't remember the events of "The Next Doctor").

Your entire argument appears to be "There's no other evidence", but if there is no other evidence, we have to go with what we know. And what we know is that Pearl said "when we arrived on Earth, from out beyond your star", most likely meaning that the homeworld exists beyond the solar system.

@HomestuckLover1

Exactly. There's nothing at all to suggest it exists elsewhere, but UncleSpaceman appears to think that that doesn't matter.

We have nothing else to go on, it's the best we've got. If you have better evidence, I'm all ears. And don't say "it could be because there are places in the solar system we haven't investigated", that logic just won't fly.

And again, this is not an outlier. As I have explained already, this only applies to Lapis' travel speed, something she has only done once and scales to no one.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going back to making Guilty Gear profiles, something that will actually go somewhere.

OMG this thread was unnecessary. Pearl has literally stated that Homeworld is not within Earth's solar system.

Well, I'm fine with the outcome (if was any); just need to know if Lapis is capable of attack and maneuver at the same time... otherwise, I learned enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back