• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I say that this match is an inconclusive seeing as how the authority has a number of hax that can put down lancer, But due to range Lancer could potentially overwhelm with a flurry of hits.

The way I can see the authority winning this fight is just to teleport immediately away from lancer and abuse his range advantage. While I don't know how potent the authorities mind hax is, it should be at least higher than lancers resistance to it. Telekinesis could also pin Lancer down and the Authority could potentially ragdoll lancer.

While lancer could overwhelm the authority with a flurry of hits and potentially end the fight via higher AP. Also, lancer's lance can inflict a wound that the authority can't heal out of. Also, another one has the power to negate magic which could wipe the authorities abilities out and allow lancer to win.

In conclusion, the battle entirely depends on if The authorities abilities are considered magic and if so they would be negated by lancer's lance. While the authority would need to come over the immediate AP advantage Lancer would have over him and if his abilities get negated.

So inconclusive for now

Thatoneguy78 said:
I say that this match is an inconclusive seeing as how the authority has a number of hax that can put down lancer, But due to range Lancer could potentially overwhelm with a flurry of hits.
The way I can see the authority winning this fight is just to teleport immediately away from lancer and abuse his range advantage. While I don't know how potent the authorities mind hax is, it should be at least higher than lancers resistance to it. Telekinesis could also pin Lancer down and the Authority could potentially ragdoll lancer.

While lancer could overwhelm the authority with a flurry of hits and potentially end the fight via higher AP. Also, lancer's lance can inflict a wound that the authority can't heal out of. Also, another one has the power to negate magic which could wipe the authorities abilities out and allow lancer to win.

In conclusion, the battle entirely depends on if The authorities abilities are considered magic and if so they would be negated by lancer's lance. While the authority would need to come over the immediate AP advantage Lancer would have over him and if his abilities get negated.

So inconclusive for now
So I guess 1 vote for Inconclusive.

Probably Lancer.

Higher dimensional hax isn't ever shown to be combat applicable. Soul Manipulation isn't really combat applicable, and Lancer's semi-spiritual Servant body could make it difficult to work anyway. Magic resist is decent enough to shut down mind manip. There's that honourable duel rune that stops Authority running away to another universe. Weather Manipulation isn't shown as combat applicable.

Gae Bolg comes out in the end.

Monarch Laciel said:
Probably Lancer.
Higher dimensional hax isn't ever shown to be combat applicable. Soul Manipulation isn't really combat applicable, and Lancer's semi-spiritual Servant body could make it difficult to work anyway. Magic resist is decent enough to shut down mind manip. There's that honourable duel rune that stops Authority running away to another universe. Weather Manipulation isn't shown as combat applicable.

Gae Bolg comes out in the end.
What Lancer where you thinking of?

Given some new stuff I learned from this thread, the His Dark Materials Multiverse is infinite, and the Authority set up the mechanism that makes it so that the souls of all sentient beings in the multiverse automatically go to the afterlife upon dying.

So he has Infinite soul manipulation.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Given some new stuff I learned from this thread, the His Dark Materials Multiverse is infinite, and the Authority set up the mechanism that makes it so that the souls of all sentient beings in the multiverse automatically go to the afterlife upon dying.
Oh shit.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Holy moly

Combat applicable?

Like, can he alter the mechanism so that Lancer's soul goes even if Lancer isn't dead?

All this... from the guy who died to wind.

Truly absurd

Yes I know it wasn't actually the wind that killed him

If that does wind up being combat applicable, I'd say that's quite the turnaround for this character in general.

(I actually have copies of the three main HDM books now, so at some point I'm gonna look into those and see what I can find.)

Matthew Schroeder said:
The guy from that thread is posting literally every feat from the three novels.
Oh. Nice.

Wonder if we might be able to fix the other HDM characters' pages based on what's in there. The entire verse is in pretty much the same situation as The Dark Tower's pages used to be. (Which is actually really unsurprising when you realize that our DT and HDM pages were all originally made by the same guy.)

Look at the monolithic blue thing towering over the castle and lesser mountains, around which the clouds are spinning.

THAT's the mountain.

Also Authority would just have awareness of Lancer and would see him coming. Metatron can perceive what goes on in millions of universes simultaneously.

The Regent was a being whose profound intellect had had thousands of years to deepen and strengthen itself, and whose knowledge extended over a million universes. Nevertheless, at that moment he was blinded by his twin obsessions: to destroy Lyra and to possess her mother. He nodded and stayed where he was, while the woman and the monkey moved forward as quietly as they could.

Hang on

That doesn't mean he perceives millions of universe simultaneously.

That says his "knowledge extended over". That could more easily be interpreted as he knows of millions of universes.

Matthew Schroeder said:
By the way, I found official art that depicted the Clouded Mountain and, well, this is what it is:

https://68.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcz7jrNokz1rsj8d7o1_1280.jpg
I don't know why, but I giggled like a little girl when I saw this. I didn't even know of the Authority before this site, but seeing someone being mistakenly placed at the lowest of the low only to turn out to be this overpowered bring a glitter to my heart

That art is consistent with the books, too. The clouds are described as "Miles tall" and "Stretching over the horizon" in it.

So it makes sense for the mountain to be mind-boggling large.

Back