• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lady Butterfly vs Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Both are relatively in 9-A/8-C so why not give this a shot? Let's keep them in 9-A to make this simple.
  • Speeds are equalized
  • I'm not sure if Apple of Eden is too much but I'll give it to Ezio for now
  • Battle takes place in a relatively open interior of a building, distance is 8 meters
Does Ezio walk away as the superior assassin or does Lady Butterfly leave him entranced with her illusions?

Lady Butterfly: 7 (KLOL506, ThisThingIsReallyBroken, Sir_Ovens, Mister6ame6, Jamesthetaker, TheKillerYT, Youtd)
Ezio Auditore:

Last edited:
IIRC this was already done in a way with Sekiro vs Bayek and honestly, the higher lifting strength would pretty much screw Ezio like it screwed over Bayek.

Plus, it's incredibly out-of-character for Ezio to spam the Apple since using it leaves him near death and he'd have to do it right before the Lady hits him. Ezio's automatically resistant to the Apple's illusory powers so he'll resist Lady's illusions but he has absolutely no answer for her superior acrobatics which'll pretty much keep her out of Ezio's range

Interesting, I'll look into that but that was a problem I noticed hence the Apple of Eden, but that would still leave Lady Butterfly winning more often than not unless Ezio started spamming the Apple of Eden right away

Interesting, I'll look into that but that was a problem I noticed hence the Apple of Eden, but that would still leave Lady Butterfly winning more often than not unless Ezio started spamming the Apple of Eden right away
Contrary to popular belief, Ezio doesn't spam the Apple as often as people think, and when he did, it wasn't to kill, it was to gain knowledge of future events and even then it was in small amounts.

I wouldn't say so, Ezio definitely has the AP advantage and more gadgetry could rely on his Apple-generated clones which don't need his energy but I see Lady Butterfly winning this more often than not due to superior acrobatics, higher lifting strength and arguably better combat skills.

Sekiro also doesn't have really have skill feats as diverse as AC characters, and I say that as a guy who has finished both Ezio Trilogy and Sekiro

Sekiro also doesn't have really have skill feats as diverse as AC characters, and I say that as a guy who has finished both Ezio Trilogy and Sekiro
IDK, me personally Sekiro and co. show off flashier moves but that might be because most of the kill animations in the Ezio trilogy are just counter kills

Sekiro does have skill feats tho. He learns new techniques from different schools all throughout the game.

As for Butterfly herself, she is way more mobile than Ezio and her kunai negate dura. She also easily deflects attacks with her foot, much less her arms. All she needs is a well placed grapple and then she can slit Ezio's throat.

Sekiro does have skill feats tho. He learns new techniques from different schools all throughout the game.

As for Butterfly herself, she is way more mobile than Ezio and her kunai negate dura. She also easily deflects attacks with her foot, much less her arms. All she needs is a well placed grapple and then she can slit Ezio's throat.
Wait, they negate dura? Then why isn't it on her profile?

They should honestly be on her profile. The kunai do damage to Sekiro even when he's blocking.

More specifically the butterflies, plus Ezio will have to work really hard when she spams illusion butterflies. Though there are certain instances where illusion butterflies don't do damage even through guard if Sekiro has Divine Confetti applied to his sword or Phoenix Lilac, though that's not relevant unless Ezio has tools like those.

I mean if Butterfly negates dura and is comparable to Ezio in skill then isn't this kinda one sided?

EDIT: Would Ezio be liable to do apple stuff if bloodlusted? Also was it a whole bunch of kunai that she flings at Wolf or was it cqc? If it was a whole unch you could argue it was just cause she flung them the right way.

Last edited:
I mean if Butterfly negates dura and is comparable to Ezio in skill then isn't this kinda one sided?

EDIT: Would Ezio be liable to do apple stuff if bloodlusted? Also was it a whole bunch of kunai that she flings at Wolf or was it cqc? If it was a whole unch you could argue it was just cause she flung them the right way.
Nah, even when bloodlusted Ezio wouldn't use the Apple to its fullest potential. He's too paranoid of its more extreme potential.

Last edited:
This isn't really one-sided when you consider the massive gap in AP.
True, but I still see Lady Butterfly taking this more times than not simply because Ezio is not as agile as Lady and then there's him being too scared to use the Apple to its max (Not to mention the energy drain he needs to compensate for which leaves him near death everytime he tries to use it to his max potential). His AP gap ain't gonna do much if he can't even land a hit properly.

So it's really just a matter of how likely is Ezio landing a hit that can incapacitate Lady Butterfly?

So it's really just a matter of how likely is Ezio landing a hit that can incapacitate Lady Butterfly?
And assuming he can recover quickly enough from that hit as it leaves him near death (As in, utilizing the Apple's death hax is pretty much gonna leave him exhausted and near death for a few seconds before he can recover).

Considering Lady Butterfly's moveset is relatively limited compared to Ezio, this is actually pretty even.

I thought the Apple didn't Drain Ezio's Life anymore? Doesn't he have a note in his Weakness Section about that? Also, how good is her Mindhax Resistance?

I thought the Apple didn't Drain Ezio's Life anymore? Doesn't he have a note in his Weakness Section about that? Also, how good is her Mindhax Resistance?
We don't actually know for certain, just that it might be plausible (That's what the Weakness section says) and even without the life drain, Ezio still remains too hesitant to use its powers out of sheer paranoia.

Ezio's Mindhax resistance is basically Planetary range, since the Apple was designed to convert an entire planet's population worth of thoughts to wish away planetary-level threats. Sadly, the Isu couldn't direct the Apple's beam properly in outer space as it was too unstable, and while they had solutions to the problem, they were running out of time as their already-crippled population were now slowly dying out thanks to the Toba Catastrophe.

EDIT: Oh, sorry, I thought you asked for Ezio's resistance, I didn't see you using "Her". My apologies. In that case, I don't know what Lady Butterfly's strongest mindhax resistance feat is.

Last edited:
If she doesn't have a good resistance than Ezio can just Mindhax her with that AoE that he can do that looks like it slows time to a Crawl. The Final Boss from AC1 could Mindhax an entire Castle's Worth of People with his Apple and he only had it for a short time. Ezio has had his for a lot longer and should know how to use it better than he could.

If she doesn't have a good resistance than Ezio can just Mindhax her with that AoE that he can do that looks like it slows time to a Crawl. The Final Boss from AC1 could Mindhax an entire Castle's Worth of People with his Apple and he only had it for a short time. Ezio has had his for a lot longer and should know how to use it better than he could.
Yeah... that's the problem, Ezio doesn't, unlike Al Mualim (The final boss in AC1) and Altair, both of whom could easily mindhax the entire town of Masyaf upon first contact. Using it more than a few meters literally brings Ezio down to his knees in a near-death situation, so he'd need Lady Butterfly to be within extremely close proximity. Also Ezio only ever used the Apple a mere three times in his entire life, first to create clones of himself, second to wipe out Cesare's supporters and guards and finally to peer further into the future and to pinpoint Cesare's plans and location. Then he locked the damn thing away in a vault.

Yeah since this is in character, Ezio won't open with mind hax immediately which I feel evens it more. Lady Butterfly has more opportunity to kill Ezio before he can pull hax with the thing.

Back