• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kryptonian vs a Taoist God. (Superman vs Jiang Zi Ya)

Superman (post-crisis) vs Jiang Zi Ya (series 2)
4B vs 4A
Jiang Zi Ya is given optional equipment.
Both 10 meters apart.
Battle takes place in All-Demons Cave.

Superman would've won if it weren't for the passive barrier of the yellow flag and the other 4 flags that boost it.

1. The 4-A AP is essentially Environmental Destruction. He can't actually hit Superman with it.

2. The Forcefield isn't 4-A. And while Jiang Zi Ya is Unknown, it's certainly not in the Tier 4 range. Superman stomps.

I think sups blitz.
Even barrier couldn't help FRA.
Maybe some other hax would help, but I don't think that at this moment.

1. The 4-A AP is essentially Environmental Destruction. He can't actually hit Superman with it.

2. The Forcefield isn't 4-A. And while Jiang Zi Ya is Unknown, it's certainly not in the Tier 4 range. Superman stomps.
1.you have a point

2.the forcefield would be comparable to the amount of damage the yellow flag or the five directional flags would dish out. If not, then the sky turning seal would have broken these barriers consistently but maybe could be explained by the powernull effect of the barriers and flags themselves. Think about it. If the flags never had a 3A or "half low 2C" barrier then the barrier wouldn't be able to withstand the sky turning seal.

Last edited:
Also if superman strikes the barrier. His powers would be reduced significantly if he keeps striking it and since the battle takes place in All-Demons Cave he wouldn't be able to amp and recharge his energy with the sun.

1.you have a point

2.the forcefield would be comparable to the amount of damage the yellow flag or the five directional flags would dish out. If not, then the sky turning seal would have broken these barriers consistently but maybe could be explained by the powernull effect of the barriers and flags themselves. Think about it. If the flags never had a 3A or "half low 2C" barrier then the barrier wouldn't be able to withstand the sky turning seal.
2. This is a very faulty assumption. Like, feats are feats. Unless he showcases the use of the barrier, we're not just assuming that it's that high.

1. Why does it matter if he can block the Sky Turning Seal? It doesn't have any Tier 4 feats.

2. From that clip it looks blatantly clear that his barriers aren't passive.

1. Why does it matter if he can block the Sky Turning Seal? It doesn't have any Tier 4 feats.

2. From that clip it looks blatantly clear that his barriers aren't passive.
1.it matters because it was forged in the core of mount buzhou which is Pangu's axe which separated heaven and earth.

2.that's because it was used in an offensive manner. The barrier although passive would not activate when the user decides to use it in an offensive manner and causing only glyphs to appear instead in the face to face confrontation.

Edit: definitely should add that as a weakness.

1. That's not a feat at all. It's not as though the mountain itself has any offensive capability. It's literally just a support structure.

2. He held it in hand with no barrier forming. That's not a passive barrier or even what the word passive means. It'd have to be active at all times to count, whether he's attacking or not.

1. That's not a feat at all. It's not as though the mountain itself has any offensive capability. It's literally just a support structure.

2. He held it in hand with no barrier forming. That's not a passive barrier or even what the word passive means. It'd have to be active at all times to count, whether he's attacking or not.
1.this "support structure" is created out of Pangu's axe. The same axe that had the capabilities to separate the indistinct black fog that was preventing the separation of heaven and earth.

2.but how would that disprove the feat that was done in the howling wind bag? Would that be changed to passive power null instead of barrier creation.

1. ......And??? That's entirely irrelevant. Can you prove that the fires inside the mountain are actually at that scale? No? Then it's an unquantifiable feat at best.

2. What does this have to do with anything? I don't care about the Wind Bag stuff. Point is that it's not a passive barrier at all (As anyone who sees that scene will attest), so Superman just blitzes and oneshots even if the barrier were somehow 4-A. Which going by the above, it isn't.

1. ......And??? That's entirely irrelevant. Can you prove that the fires inside the mountain are actually at that scale? No? Then it's an unquantifiable feat at best.

2. What does this have to do with anything? I don't care about the Wind Bag stuff. Point is that it's not a passive barrier at all (As anyone who sees that scene will attest), so Superman just blitzes and oneshots even if the barrier were somehow 4-A. Which going by the above, it isn't.
1.other than it being called the foundry which casted the seal which would include the unearthly elements of Pangu's axe which is literally formed out of his own tooth. I think it's relevant to assume the sky turning seal is comparable to the axe as the definition of a foundry is:

A foundry is a factory that produces metal castings. Metals are cast into shapes by melting them into a liquid, pouring the metal into a mold, and removing the mold material after the metal has solidified as it cools.

2.going by the scene from the howling wind bag. It nullified the incoming blood waters from touching Jiang Zi Ya which would include the power contained in superman's punches, heat vision etc. Which would change from passive forcefield creation to passive powernull of about extended melee range.

3.now that i think about it. Since Jiang Zi Ya no longer has wincons due to the sheer speed gap. This match can't be added due to stomp.

1.other than it being called the foundry which casted the seal which would include the unearthly elements of Pangu's axe which is literally formed out of his own tooth. I think it's relevant to assume the sky turning seal is comparable to the axe as the definition of a foundry is:

A foundry is a factory that produces metal castings. Metals are cast into shapes by melting them into a liquid, pouring the metal into a mold, and removing the mold material after the metal has solidified as it cools.

2.going by the scene from the howling wind bag. It nullified the incoming blood waters from touching Jiang Zi Ya which would include the power contained in superman's punches, heat vision etc. Which would change from passive forcefield creation to passive powernull of about extended melee range.

3.now that i think about it. Since Jiang Zi Ya no longer has wincons due to the sheer speed gap. This match can't be added due to stomp.
1. Still irrelevant. Pleas stop making massive assumptions every time you try to justify something. Nothing proves the heat is comparable to what energy was used to do the split, nor would it need to be.

2. It nullifies magic, please don't extrapolate anything more than that as that's , unsurprisingly, unfounded assumptions. It doesn't automatically encompass everything. Superman's attacks aren't magic so he punches just fine.

3. He's stomped by far more than that but eh.

1. Still irrelevant. Pleas stop making massive assumptions every time you try to justify something. Nothing proves the heat is comparable to what energy was used to do the split, nor would it need to be.

2. It nullifies magic, please don't extrapolate anything more than that as that's , unsurprisingly, unfounded assumptions. It doesn't automatically encompass everything. Superman's attacks aren't magic so he punches just fine.

3. He's stomped by far more than that but eh.
1.so it's irrelevant even if the seal was made out of the elements that composed of Pangu's axe?

2.that assumption isn't unfounded as light is also considered as magic in the verse and superman is a bloody solar battery at every cell in his body.

3.the. It won't be added unless the conditions were changed.

Actually now that I think of it. Doesn't it make sense that when the flags combined their powers against a single opponent the sum of their powers should be equivalent to the power that caused distortions in the secular world.

1.so it's irrelevant even if the seal was made out of the elements that composed of Pangu's axe?

2.that assumption isn't unfounded as light is also considered as magic in the verse and superman is a bloody solar battery at every cell in his body.

3.the. It won't be added unless the conditions were changed.
1. Yes, it is. It's his might doing that to begin with it not the materials.

2. That's magical light. Unless the Flag somehow prevents the sun from shining. Do you actually have a grasp on how anything here works? The unfounded assumption is that it nullfies kinetic energy, which we never see happening, sunlight which we also never see nulled etc.

1. Yes, it is. It's his might doing that to begin with it not the materials.

2. That's magical light. Unless the Flag somehow prevents the sun from shining. Do you actually have a grasp on how anything here works?
1.half of what you said was true. Although it required his powers but it wasn't enough to fully separate these to realms and had to resort to breaking off his own teeth to create the sky splitting axe which finally dispersed the black fog and completed the separation of heaven and earth.

2.guess i see your point.

Considering it's over time, Superman still curbstomps before anything actually happens to him.

Considering it's over time, Superman still curbstomps before anything actually happens to him.
Pretty sure that five element power null is instantly activated with a thrust but of course speed blitz is quite obvious but if we're to equalised speed....Jiang Zi Ya would stomp with that move. So maybe this match isn't a viable one.

Again, it only nullifies magic until stated otherwise. Please stop with the unfounded assumptions.

Again, it only nullifies magic until stated otherwise. Please stop with the unfounded assumptions.
How are you sure that move only nullified magic? Of course the yellow flag only disabled magic but however...how can you be so sure that five element powernull doesn't effect physical forces? It's move that uses that manipulates the five phases which is a fundamental process that occurs without magic.

Also nowhere in the series has it stated that five phases is a magical process.

How are you sure that move only nullified magic?
That's what's shown.
Of course the yellow flag only disabled magic but however...how can you be so sure that five element powernull doesn't effect physical forces? It's move that uses that manipulates the five phases which is a fundamental process that occurs without magic.
Do you perchance know of Burden of Proof? The proposer has to prove the claim, i don't need to prove why it isn't the case. All we see is magic being nulled.
Also nowhere in the series has it stated that five phases is a magical process.
The manipulation is blatant magic. He's not nullifying the very ground, jesus christ.

Anyway, I'm done with this match. Superman clearly stomps unless you go with more unfounded assumptions and wank to say otherwise. Of course, if others have a differing opinion and points then that's fine.

That's what's shown.

Do you perchance know of Burden of Proof? The proposer has to prove the claim, i don't need to prove why it isn't the case. All we see is magic being nulled.

The manipulation is blatant magic. He's not nullifying the very ground, jesus christ.
It's clearly stated that the flags only represent elements(metal, wind, earth, fire and wood) and not magic back in that one hell of a CRT which you were there.

What makes you think that everything in the verse only revolves around magic? :/

He's using magic to manipulate the elements. I didn't talk about it because it went without saying.

Because without proof, I'm not assuming anything else. If you can show him nullifying kinetic energy then fine. Otherwise, Superman shows diet Chinaman the All American way.

He's using magic to manipulate the elements. I didn't talk about it because it went without saying.

Because without proof, I'm not sassuming anything else. If you can show him nullifying kinetic energy then fine. Otherwise, Superman shows diet Chinaman the All American way.
(19:15)

Don't know if he stopped the stone in it's path like neo from the matrix or is this nullification since the stone's kinetic energy along with its status effect inducing properties were nulled but I'll let you be the judge.

But however I remembered for a fact that I sent you a clip where Jiang Zi Ya's yellow flag nullified some of the kinetic force of the north sea eye which was a whirlpool that threatened to destroy the surrounding eco system if left unchecked.

Does it say he nullifies it or does he just block it and you say he does?

Does it say he nullifies it or does he just block it and you say he does?
We could argue that he's blocking the projectiles with telekinesis....but that's really a bigger assumption than the latter as Jiang Zi Ya never shown any telekinetic abilities at all in the first place.

Last edited:
Back