• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kiritsugu Emiya vs. Dr. Clef

Before anything else, I might ask-

What does Dr. Clef normally open with? Any strategies, characteristics that could be worth noting?

I'm not really knowledgeable on SCP, so insofar the profile goes I don't seem to perceive any resemblance of what could be some sort of "magic circuits" - or, at least, an "energy" system, broadly speaking. Kiritsugu's main gimmick - the Origin Bullet - exploits mostly those kinds of systems for it to work as it should. It is still a non-healing wound if it lands, though.

Regardless, by having Clef know the nature of Kerry's ammunition and general arsenal I highly doubt he'd be caught off guard with them. I feel Innate Time Control could be worth considering, as well.

I mean even with prior knowledge both of them can just instantly shoot eachother and gg no re.

I didn't give them prep.

Sir Ovens said:
Ok but why tho? Clef is resistant to type greens, not type blues which is what Kiritsugu falls under.
Good point. He doesn't resist conceptual manip anyway, and Kiritsugu's origin bullets are conceptual armaments.

> His Origin Bullets are ineffective against purely physical protections, such as military-grade armor

the origin bullet won't work on clef,he doesnt have any magical protection

They'd still cause necrosis and regen neg in any wounds they leave behind, they just wouldn't cause Clef's own magical capabilities to shred themselves.

Ok so, Clef's expertise in killing reality warpers really doesn't come into play here. However, he did fight the guy who took a joyride on 682 and also 076 so I'm assuming he's the more experienced and skilled of the two. That being said, he does have a disadvantage in AP, but I think that is negligible because this is a dura negating fight.

Overall, I actually think Clef has a shot at winning this one. He's way better at fighting with unorthodox techniques and improvising on the spot. Also Kiritsugu's arsenal isn't new to Clef since he used to work for the GOC, you know, the guys who treat anything anomalous as kill on sight.

Clef is going to get passive power null against supernatural powers very soon.

Sir Ovens said:
Ok so, Clef's expertise in killing reality warpers really doesn't come into play here. However, he did fight the guy who took a joyride on 682 and also 076 so I'm assuming he's the more experienced and skilled of the two. That being said, he does have a disadvantage in AP, but I think that is negligible because this is a dura negating fight.
Overall, I actually think Clef has a shot at winning this one. He's way better at fighting with unorthodox techniques and improvising on the spot. Also Kiritsugu's arsenal isn't new to Clef since he used to work for the GOC, you know, the guys who treat anything anomalous as kill on sight.
How is he inferior in ap tho? Since he has access to everything outside SCP-776-ARC he has PSX820 which is like at least small building if not higher, and is more usable then Emiya's building level Key which is via bombs

Unless you talking strictly physically, but not like the fight would ever get to melee I think Cleff has a better chance to kill Emiya first then Emiya has to kill him since Emiya's Origin Bullet won't neccarily one shot him while I really doubt Emiya can survive even one shot from PSX820 and if he does he won't be in a good shape afterwards

Back