• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirby downgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's time

Since I was gone I noticed some crazy changes to Kirby... and to be honest, they're wrong.

So let's start from the biggest to smallest.

"Another Dimension is universal"

No it isn't. Nothing indicates it's a universe other than this: https://gfycat.com/HandmadeFrighteningEnglishpointer

At the bottom of this is what makes them 'galaxies'

Now, here's the problem:

A) There is no proof of their size. They could likely be an aesthetic beneath Kirby's feet.

B) Lets compare those to an actual real life galaxy.

The Milky Way Galaxy: [1]

Kirby's galaxies: https://i.gyazo.com/099c4dd42199465080136db14269f0b7.png (Probably could've used a better image but whatever)

Hell, Kirby-verse itself shows it's aware what our own galaxies look like:
KSqSq_Gamble_Galaxy.png

KSSU_MWW_Start.png

In both of these photos, it gives a clear image of Kirby being near what a galaxy more-so looks like. Why would we take these small aesthetics over what the Kirby-verse itself has to offer in what a galaxy is? Hell, the first example image of a real Kirby galaxy is in a level literally called Gamble Galaxy.

Another thing: There isn't any proof they destroy it even if it's a universe. Magolor makes it collapse... upon death. And also, the dimension clearly still exists.

Landia saves Kirby from it to make sure he doesn't die along with the rest of the guys... and then after bringing them back to Pop Star, Landia turns around and goes back into the portal to return home

If it truly destroyed everything, then it would've erased Halcandra (Which is still alive btw)

Multi-solar system Kirby?

https://fat.gfycat.com/GrotesqueDefinitiveGreatwhiteshark.gif

Background feat. Unknown if it's him destroying them or teleporting them to another arena.

http://i.imgur.com/AZBBLbz.png

Seventopia is several worlds. That'd be multi-planet+ - large planet, not solar system.

MFTL+ Kirby?

https://giant.gfycat.com/DelightfulSplendidHookersealion.gif

Calced on Narutoforums at like 10x the speed of light. Not even close to MFTL+ lol.

"Is capable of flawlessly piloting and controlling the Warp Star which is fast enough fly from NOVA's summon point which is the galaxy's end to Pop Star in short time frames"

...what? Nothing points to NOVA being anywhere near outside the galaxy, wtf?

All in all, Kirby loses to Ristar tbh

The MSS stuff for Dark Nebula was already discussed in the thread that upgraded him, so unless you have something new to bring to the table, you have little chance of removing this feat from here.

For the Dark Matter stuff, unless you assume the two planets are in the same solar system and that these stars flying in the back ground are just the result of them rotating (Thus causing the optical illusion that they are moving), I don't see how it was calced at 10 times FTL.

Now my Kirby knowledge is kinda lacking but in the same quote you posted, it has a link that mentions that NOVA is "At the galaxy's end". Even assuming popstar is near the end of said Galaxy it would be hard for it to be anywhere under FTL.

I will inform Fastsword88 about this thread.

However, in the future, scale the images to reasonable size. I will try to fix it for you this time though.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
The MSS stuff for Dark Nebula was already discussed in the thread that upgraded him, so unless you have something new to bring to the table, you have little chance of removing this feat from here.
For the Dark Matter stuff, unless you assume the two planets are in the same solar system and that these stars flying in the back ground are just the result of them rotating (Thus causing the optical illusion that they are moving), I don't see how it was calced at 10 times FTL.

Now my Kirby knowledge is kinda lacking but in the same quote you posted, it has a link that mentions that NOVA is "At the galaxy's end". Even assuming popstar is near the end of said Galaxy it would be hard for it to be anywhere under FTL.
Still a background feat with no showings of it blowing up anything, could just be a teleport

They are in the same solar system: http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/-aQAFaZcHhk/mqdefault.jpg

NOVA is shown nowhere near at galaxy's end in the game. Quotes are very hard to trust

Well, since Fastsword88 does not seem to answer, and it has been a long while, perhaps it would be best to close this thread?

Probably not. We have discussed this extensively previously. Also, I suspect that you are a sockpuppet of Newraptor.

I doubt that he's a sockouppet, as Newraptor asked to be banned. Regardless, we should probably have a rule about this by now to keep people from bringing this up.

Okay. I did not know that. I think that Newraptor used to create sockpuppets, but it has been a long while since he was active.

Like I said other threads concerning this topic. This has been discussed previously as Ant said.

I'd like to say a few things briefly :

This wasn't brought up, but Kirby pushing the dimension-devouring wave (look at the stars and nebulas in the background)is a good enough feat. It doesn"t matter if it's pushing the local part or not, laws physics has it that if you don't have superior KE than a moving wall, then you ain't pushing it back no matter where you push. If Kirby wan't stellar level, his attacks would evaporate the instant they touch that wave.

Regarding Magolor, I've said this before : "Here are a few things the "dimension" contains that you can notice in this clip : Faraway constellations (white dots almost everywhere in the background), closer stars (the big red ones), and nebulas (those random colorful "clouds" you can see. Nebulas can be 100s of light years large). So regardless of how one might interpret it, it being big enough to fir star systems is clear cut.

And in the latest game... Galacta Knight can cut a hole in space which then literally pulls out this dimension in the form of a beam, and we can see constellations in it. Sometimes, the Lor Starcutter is also visible in that beam, I'll find a gif of that.

And for speed, "Galaxy's end" is mentioned in the link, and Kirby once flied from Earth to Pop Star in about 3 mi. It's confirmed they're light years away, so that's 1.57e14 m/s or 525611 times FTL (distance taken (low-end) : 3 light years). Definitely MFTL+. I'll make this into an organized calc later when I get the time.

Like this thing says, there isn't much proving their size as many cosmic battle arenas make things look all "galactic" like for the sake of epicness

Also, nothing indicates they destroy the entire dimension, he just opens a dimensional portal and travels through it

Like I said, opening a dimensional portal isn't going to be a good feat

Not sure on that last feat since you don't have exact distance

@Ant So do you think we should continue this thread despite what has been brought up in previous threads?

Well, now that Fastsword88 has come back, I will let him have his say first.

@Housed : "Things looking galactic for the sake of epicness" isn't an excuse. Especially not in this case. Look at the links again. Big red glowing spheres, farer away white glowing dots, and long masses of dust. In space. Those are definitely stars and nebulas.

Wait... who destroyed what ?

"Exact distance". In my last comment there's a link that confirms Earth and Pop Star are "light years" away. That means 3+ light years at minimum. Still MFTL+ even with the low-end.

You sure ? I'm no grammar expert, I thought saying "Xs" in plural form means at least 3. But it doesn't matter. 2 light years in 3 minutes is still 175185 times FTL so still MFTL+.

The clay graphics in that game made almost everything not look like the other games, not just Earth's continents. And having odd shaped continents doesn't mean it's not meant to be Earth, since most other works of fiction also have "Earth" but with different continents not the real ones.

Well, I think there are far too many pieces of evidence for a downgrade to be at all warranted unless they're outliers, which they don't seem to be as this level of power appears to be consistent in consecutive games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back