• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

King of the Hill Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugarik

VS Battles
Calculation Group
This is the second Buttersamuri downgrade thread.

Let's start with Powers and Abilities list for Hank Hill

Superhuman Physical Characteristics - I agree with that one

Regeneration (Mid-Low, healed from large burns) Honestly I don't remember any of that but if the description is sound this should be legit

Martial Arts (Good in close-quarters combat, Trained in the military, was formerly a boxer at the YMCA, Trained Luanne at boxing so well, that she fought and matched Freeda Foreman, and lasted 3 rounds, who was the best boxer in Texas and daughter of a two time heavy champion boxer) - That's the entire explanation. He has no actual martial arts feats by himself just those speculations.

Stealth Mastery - where does this one even come from?

Pressure Points (Can easily incapacitate people, Should know pressure points due to his training) - But he still has no actual feats

Preparation (With help, was able to make a robotic grill) - That one was from the last episode. It was Kahn's idea to build one and he was the one who did most of the work. In fact, Hank was merely assembling it using drawings. He did not actually design the Grill hor could he do anything without Kahn's help

Weapon Mastery (Skilled at using Pistols, Rifles, and Shotguns) - Just being able to use weapons does not give you weapon mastery

Berserk Mode - Just getting angry is not enough to give him Berserk Mode

Rage Power - Just getting angry is not enough to give him Rage Power

Social Influencing - I don't remember any of that

Vehicular Mastery (Skilled at driving cars, trucks and motorcycles) - This one seems legit

Attack Potency:

At least Wall level (Can destroy barrels with a kick, can rip apart walls with grip strength alone. Once broke open Bobby's locked door. With one arm, can casually wrestle and ragdoll Dale, Boomhauer, and even Bill Dauterive who was in the military and was able to overpower 6 to 8 football players trying to tackle and bring him down while on an injured leg. Stronger than Peggy, who could fight with Luanne's mother, who bruised Bill's arm with a single hit. Kicked a hole in a fence. With friends, had managed tore apart a large house. Can easily ragdoll Bill whose sheer weight was causing a tree to severally bend, and who was physically strong enough to stop a large amount of furniture shooting at him while in a full speed Semi-Truck) Clearly too much description, useless feats and circular scaling

Small Building level (Can fight and overpower people who can hurt him, was able to hold himself away from gale force winds and a A Level 5 Tornado, that was also strong enough to lift, throw, and destroy trailers, houses and cars. Can harm himself) - I don't see how holding agains a tornado is an AP feat. I don't see being able to harm oneself as a legit AP feat either.

Speed: Superhuman

Outran a car -
Where?

and also outran several raging bulls while his body was suffering from an effect that was severally weakening his body - Bulls have normal human speed

Was a good football player and still is shown to be rather fit. Superior to Bill who was in the military. - How does that justify superhuman speed?

Should be comparable to the CPS man who reacted and dodged a baseball tossed at him - No comments

Was able to make sharp quick turns while driving a semi truck rolling downhill on icey thin roads backwards. - Was he even serious? Do I have to explain this one?

Faster than Bill who could temporarily outrun a Rottweiler - He ment this "feat" or this one

with Subsonic reactions

Reacted to high-speed sports cars - That car was too far away and he knew it was coming so it's not a proper reaction feat. But Buttersamuri clearly doesn't care about the distance

Reacted to sniper fire - He noticed the sniper before the shot

I'm not going to cover everything now but hopefully, you got the idea

Meh Martial Arts seems fine imo since he's a former boxer and trained people well enough in it which shows he knows his stuff
Otherwise I agree

Stuff I disagree with:

Superhuman physicals: I don't think there's a whole lot of evidence of this. Only two feats are sourced and I don't trust butters' pages. Of those two, I don't think the fence one calcs to a superhuman result, and the truck one is less super strength and more just the guy having a massive amount of friction with the ground, somehow. Strength isn't really going to save you from not falling out of the truck if he's not got anything to hold on to or brace off of.

Martial Arts: It's standard in American military branches to learn military martial arts forms. He'd also be unable to properly train anyone in boxing if he was incompetent at it himself.

Pressure Points: It's another standard US military thing, although you can easily just argue it as OOC in threads.

Self harm: I think it works fine as an AP feat in a vacuum but I also just don't think he has proper, consistent durability feats so lol

Other stuff I agree with.

The reasoning for martial arts and pressure points may be solid but he still has no actual feat on his own so idk if it's reasonable

And what about regeneration and stealth mastery? I genuinely don't know whether it's legit or no

The reasoning for martial arts and pressure points may be solid but he still has no actual feat on his own so idk if it's reasonable
Idk about pressure points but Martial Arts is hella backed up so

The stealth mastery part is probably from the episode with Hank and his friends playing paintball against some teenagers and caught them off guard in the woods. Idk if this means he's a master at stealth but it's better than none.

Last edited:
Don't we just straight up give weapon mastery to anyone seen competently using a weapon?

I know it's a dumb idea, but from what I can tell, it's what we do.

As long as there's a decent degree of skill, yes. Aside from that and martial arts, I agree with all of this.

Yeah, I second all of this. I've suspected that Butters wanks KOTH to high heavens for awhile now so I'm glad this is getting cut down.

Butters wanked literally everything he touched except for Punch-Out, if you ignore Glass Joe's treatment.

In addition to the episode with the paintball game, there was another episode where Hank planned to take bobby hunting and it's stated Hank's been hunting for years, so maybe the stealth part isn't that much of a wank. Then again, there was that other episode where it's revealed Hank can't use a gun at all, so idk how he can shoot a dear. Hank eventually learns but still, maybe he never caught a dear or it's a plot hole, idk.

Ah, yeah, I remember that now.

I mean.... if that's enough to annoy him into leaving the wiki, he probably wasn't worth keeping around to start with.

In addition to the episode with the paintball game, there was another episode where Hank planned to take bobby hunting and it's stated Hank's been hunting for years, so maybe the stealth part isn't that much of a wank. Then again, there was that other episode where it's revealed Hank can't use a gun at all, so idk how he can shoot a dear. Hank eventually learns but still, maybe he never caught a dear or it's a plot hole, idk.
Being able to be stealthy & being able to shoot a deer accurately are different skills.

Do we have links to footage of the paintball &/or deer hunting scenes?

As for Hank's stats, do we have anything we can calc for AP? (Also, it's a reasonable assumption, but beyond that, do we have evidence he can hurt himself? Though, the need for evidence of such may be questionable.)

Are we able to assume Newton's Third Law regarding his AP? You know. Hank doesn't break his arm when he throws a punch, so he should have durability sufficient to survive his AP? (Hank is in most ways, a normal human, but IIRC, most levels of Wall Level AP are superhuman; Wall Level stuff can kill or severely injure regular humans.)

All levels of 9-B are superhuman. In fact, the majority of 9-C is superhuman as well. And yes, durability is scaled to striking strength, but the opposite is not the case.

Being able to be stealthy & being able to shoot a deer accurately are different skills.
Naw I'm just saying that it takes it a certain amount of stealth to be in the situation or have the opportunity to shoot a dear in the woods. There's no footage of Hank hunting, I just figured it would be worth mentioning since it's stated he been hunting since he was little.
Do we have links to footage of the paintball &/or deer hunting scenes?
Here's a link to the paintball game where Hank and Dale snuck up behind some teens, while the teens were distracted to be fair. Also, towards the end, Hank is able to make one teen lose his trail and then outsmart him at the end. Idk if this is good enough to have stealth in Hank's page but I think this and the deer hunting example were worth mentioning.

Naw I'm just saying that it takes it a certain amount of stealth to be in the situation or have the opportunity to shoot a dear in the woods. There's no footage of Hank hunting, I just figured it would be worth mentioning since it's stated he been hunting since he was little.
I apologize, but it stress me that you have now mispelled "deer" as "dear" 3 times in 2 posts in this thread now.
A "dear" is what someone might call their husband or wife. A "deer" is a wild animal. Very different words.

Anyway, we have statements or such that Hank has hunted DEER?
Here's a link to the paintball game where Hank and Dale snuck up behind some teens, while the teens were distracted to be fair. Also, towards the end, Hank is able to make one teen lose his trail and then outsmart him at the end. Idk if this is good enough to have stealth in Hank's page but I think this and the deer hunting example were worth mentioning.

Thank you very much for the scan.

I apologize, but it stress me that you have now mispelled "deer" as "dear" 3 times in 2 posts in this thread now.
A "dear" is what someone might call their husband or wife. A "deer" is a wild animal. Very different words.
Alright english cop, you got the point.
Anyway, we have statements or such that Hank has hunted DEER?
Looked back at the episode and found there's no direct statements about Hank himself hunting. Forget the example, the paintball episode is the only good example I think.

Alright english cop, you got the point.
Sorry for any bother.
Looked back at the episode and found there's no direct statements about Hank himself hunting. Forget the example, the paintball episode is the only good example I think.
Do you mean the same episode you were talking about when saying this?:

Attack Potency:

At least Wall level (Can destroy barrels with a kick, can rip apart walls with grip strength alone. Once broke open Bobby's locked door. With one arm, can casually wrestle and ragdoll Dale, Boomhauer, and even Bill Dauterive who was in the military and was able to overpower 6 to 8 football players trying to tackle and bring him down while on an injured leg. Stronger than Peggy, who could fight with Luanne's mother, who bruised Bill's arm with a single hit. Kicked a hole in a fence. With friends, had managed tore apart a large house. Can easily ragdoll Bill whose sheer weight was causing a tree to severally bend, and who was physically strong enough to stop a large amount of furniture shooting at him while in a full speed Semi-Truck) Clearly too much description, useless feats and circular scaling
Can you elaborate on the AP problems?

Does anything else need to be done at this point? 9-A really needs to be removed from the King of the Hill profiles.

I think that Wokistan makes sense. Most of the OP is fine, except for his objections.

I think everything in the OP but martial arts and weapon mastery is gonna be removed. I dont see anything about the 9-A AP tho.

I think that needs a CRT on it's own.

Stuff I disagree with:

Superhuman physicals: I don't think there's a whole lot of evidence of this. Only two feats are sourced and I don't trust butters' pages. Of those two, I don't think the fence one calcs to a superhuman result, and the truck one is less super strength and more just the guy having a massive amount of friction with the ground, somehow. Strength isn't really going to save you from not falling out of the truck if he's not got anything to hold on to or brace off of.

Martial Arts: It's standard in American military branches to learn military martial arts forms. He'd also be unable to properly train anyone in boxing if he was incompetent at it himself.

Pressure Points: It's another standard US military thing, although you can easily just argue it as OOC in threads.

Self harm: I think it works fine as an AP feat in a vacuum but I also just don't think he has proper, consistent durability feats so lol

Other stuff I agree with.
See here.

I agree AP and related stats should be downgraded, but to what, 10-A?

Although Butters may wank verses to ungodly extremes, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say the unsourced feats are valid. I mean what are you supposed to do, watch all 13 seasons of King of The Hill to see if the feats are real or not? Also some of the unsourced feats were added by GoCommitDi who seems to be reliable.

I've noticed some of the so-called 9-B feats are 9-C so I'm willing to compromise a 9-C possibly 9-B rating.

Although Butters may wank verses to ungodly extremes, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say the unsourced feats are valid.
I wouldn't. Even if he didn't just make them up, he hyperbolized a lot of things, such as Phoenix Wright's supposed "fighting off a tiger", which was him being attacked by one for two seconds before someone else drove it away in reality. I can settle on 9-C if those sourced feats are legit tho

Last edited:
Hank's profile says that he can destroy barrels with a kick and with friends, had managed tore apart a large house and can easily ragdoll Bill whose sheer weight was causing a tree to severally bend . But there is not a source or scan for these feats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back