• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kimetsu No Essay:Yes The Revision is that long

Last update to it is that two Hypersonic calcs from early Zenitsu were accepted, and a MHS calc from Muzan was accepted, which gives more support to the current speed rating. Previously the thread creator said that he is uninterested in continuing the discussion, so it is in an indefinite limbo.

A statement and a comparision with normal strength is far from random.
Previously Tanjiro was incapable of nicking a weaker version of Gyutaro.
0093-010.png

Nicking a stronger Gyutaro who recovered from the poison just means that Tanjiro gave it his best shot with a willpower amp, and this failed.
Tanjiro then estimated the power from an arm swing and concluded it won't be enough. He then estimated the power from a full body swing and concluded it won't be enough. He then said that he needs to bring a hundred times the power of a full body swing, and the Demon Slayer Mark activated as a result; this is narratively tells us how much the boost from the Mark was.

The current creation revision is focused on pocket dimensions, creating universies, creating celestial objects, and creating very large objects (there is discussion on whether it is fine to guess the size of anythig smaller than a mountain or island, or whether the tier of creating smaller objects would be unquantifiable via. GPE).
Doma's feat falls under the thermal/freezing revision.

The current creation revision is focused on pocket dimensions, creating universies, creating celestial objects, and creating very large objects (there is discussion on whether it is fine to guess the size of anythig smaller than a mountain or island, or whether the tier of creating smaller objects would be unquantifiable via. GPE).
Doma's feat falls under the thermal/freezing revision.
There is currently a revision on thermal/freezing feats as well but at the rate things are going for that revision that will take a while to finish

Last update to it is that two Hypersonic calcs from early Zenitsu were accepted, and a MHS calc from Muzan was accepted, which gives more support to the current speed rating. Previously the thread creator said that he is uninterested in continuing the discussion, so it is in an indefinite limbo.

A statement and a comparision with normal strength is far from random.
Previously Tanjiro was incapable of nicking a weaker version of Gyutaro.
0093-010.png

Nicking a stronger Gyutaro who recovered from the poison just means that Tanjiro gave it his best shot with a willpower amp, and this failed.
Tanjiro then estimated the power from an arm swing and concluded it won't be enough. He then estimated the power from a full body swing and concluded it won't be enough. He then said that he needs to bring a hundred times the power of a full body swing, and the Demon Slayer Mark activated as a result; this is narratively tells us how much the boost from the Mark was.
I see than I guess if the calc is accepted than that’s fine.

The angle of that panel doesn’t show whether or not Tanjirou was able to somewhat cut into Gyutaro’s head like he did later on so that page doesn’t really matter. All it proves is that Gyutaro‘s head can’t be cut off by Base Tanjirou just like later on even if he’s somewhat weakened by the poison.

Here Tanjirou was able to block an attack Gyutaro used that was aiming for Tengen. Soon after Tanjirou even manages to deflect it. Multiple times.

Not to mention even after his Demon Slayer Mark wore off. Tanjirou was even able to survive Gyutaro’s last ditch Blood Tornado near the epicenter.

All this shows that Gyutaro is stronger than Tanjirou but he is definitely not so much stronger that the difference between them is 100x as Tanjirou is still able to barely keep up with, deflect, and survive attacks from Gyutaro without the mark.

Last edited:
Also I forgot about Demon Slayer Mark having x100 strength amp

But I don't remember Tanjiro's mark being permanently active after training.
From what I recall he still had to activate it.

I see than I guess if the calc is accepted than that’s fine.

The angle of that panel doesn’t show whether or not Tanjirou was able to somewhat cut into Gyutaro’s head like he did later on so that page doesn’t really matter. All it proves is that Gyutaro‘s head can’t be cut off by Base Tanjirou just like later on even if he’s somewhat weakened by the poison.

Here Tanjirou was able to block an attack Gyutaro used that was aiming for Tengen. Soon after Tanjirou even manages to deflect it. Multiple times.

Not to mention even after his Demon Slayer Mark wore off. Tanjirou was even able to survive Gyutaro’s last ditch Blood Tornado near the epicenter.

All this shows that Gyutaro is stronger than Tanjirou but he is definitely not so much stronger that the difference between them is 100x as Tanjirou is still able to barely keep up with, deflect, and survive attacks from Gyutaro without the mark.
The blade is resting on Gyutaro's shoulder or above it; the angle shows us that the blade didn't cut.

Why you are scaling Gyutaro's AP with Tanjiro?
0089-012.png
0089-013.png

A direct impact with the blood will snap Tanjiro's blade; they are one-shots if they hit Tanjiro. All Tanjiro can do is redirect the blood by pushing it from the side.

The blood tornados was evaded as shown below.
0094-018.png
0094-019.png

Do you have evidence that Tengen and Tanjiro survived via. tanking it?

At the beginning of the arc Tanjiro got blitzed by base Daki, and then he got blitzed by Daki with her obis, and Daki's speed is a joke to Tengen. Tanjiro eventually adapting to the speed, when he has shown explosive growth, with Tengen saving him multiple times doesn't mean that Tanjiro is comparable.

Also I forgot about Demon Slayer Mark having x100 strength amp

But I don't remember Tanjiro's mark being permanently active after training.
From what I recall he still had to activate it.
Marks becomes permanently active after the Pillars training and after Tanjiro managed to push the boulder, but the mark extended further when he used the Transparent World.

Is there a thread for that?
There is a summary from a few months back:

The only major development I recall is more threads arguing for nuking all freezing calcs (and by extension the CAPE method for cloud calculations) on the basis that they are unrealistic, but the proposition proved to be unpopular with staff.

It wasn’t resting above Gyutaro’s shoulder. You could even see that the blade is kinda curved down and almost into the ground. Actually i just realized that in this panel we could even see Tanjiro’s blade cutting into Gyutaro’s neck just like he did later on against an unpoisoned Gyutaro.

And you do know that if Gyutaro really was 100x stronger than Tanjirou than he would’ve straight up broke through Tanjirou’s blade and one shot him like Rui almost did. But no his blood tornado didn’t break through Tanjirou’s sword instantly which shows that at this point the difference between Tanjirou and Gyutaro isn’t something crazy like 100x. Heck I’d argue the difference is probably less Rui and Pre-Rehab Training Tanjirou. Deflecting attacks stronger than him still means that Tanjirou is at least somewhat comparable to said attack. If he wasn’t than it would’ve been just like against Rui.

In this panel we see Tengen running towards Tanjirou. In the very next chapter we see Tengen being blown on his back. Same with Tanjirou. This is clearly showing that they were still hit by the blood tornado and yet still managed to survive albeit barely.

Last edited:
In the angle we were discussing, it was resting at or above Gyutaro's shoulder. Which is Tanjiro's second attempt to cut.
0093-010.png

Tip of the blade touching the ground by itself is not relevant.
This is the result of Tanjiro's first attempt to cut. Quite the stretch to claim that the blade is buried deep within him. Hence the scan you cited is just the angle from Gyutaro's ear, as we clearly see the first attempt failed.
y5St9n7.png

Did Tanjiro's blade come into direct impact with the blood slashes? Tanjiro says no because his blade will snap.
Unlike with Rui, Tanjiro learned to redirect attacks; he did not try to cut the blood slashes and actively avoided direct impact, so mentioning Rui is not relevant.
Basic physics shows that deflecting a moving object by pushing it from a tangential angle takes significantly less energy than stopping it. Literally all that is needed is to apply force from the side, which will alter its trajectory.

We see Tengen's wives trying to help Tengen recover from his injuries and poison, and we see Nezuko trying to help Tanjiro recover from his injuries and poison. Doesn't show that they were hit by the blood tornadoes or that their attempt to evade it has failed.

What do you even mean that is Tanjiro’s second attempt to cut? He literally only swung his blade once on Gyutaro’s neck when he was weakened by poison. He never swung a second time. He only swung once and proceeded to cut deeper by pushing it. Those are all from the same attempt just drawn differently as Tanjirou was trying to push the blade down into Gyutaro’s neck.

Dude look at the second panel on the left side of this page. Tanjirou’s blade is literally shown to be somewhat into Gyutaro’s neck. I never said that the blade is buried deep into his neck. I was saying this clearly shows that Tanjirou is still capable of injuring Gyutaro despite being inferior. So like I said the 100x multiplier for the Demon Slayer Mark is unusable. He clearly doesn’t need to be literally 100x stronger to cut off Gyutaro’s head.

Fine than for this blood tornado scene we’ll just wait and see what the anime shows whenever it comes out. Which is probably for the best if we even want to calc Gyutaro’s blood tornado.

Looking at it, I concede that Tanjiro probably slowly cut into poisoned Gyutaro.

For the second time, any issue is solved if we consider the slash an amp connected to the Mark's manifestation, especially if the monologue is something Tanjiro was thinking while doing the slash.
Similar to how Muichiro managed to break out of Gyokko's water prison before his Mark actually manifested.
0117-018.png
0117-019.png

I've always thought that this was because of reactive power level. Gyutaro even mentions that they kept adapting and pulling through which kinda implies that they have been getting stronger as the fight went on.

Pretty sure in Muichiro's case it was because he got a brief emotion amp like how Tanjirou got an amp in power after getting angry at Daki.

But yeah like I said the 100x amp really shouldn't be used as nothing really supports it. The 100x statement honestly just sounds like 1,000,000% Smash thing where they just hype themselves up as they need to use more power to win against an enemy.

Last edited:
Tanjiro was still far below a non-poisoned Gyutaro; for example he was called a little snail and someone useless regardless of how much help he gets, which means that he received a sudden big amp rather than a gradual adaptive one.

In Tanjiro's amp against Daki it was more than just emotions; he was burning away his life force which is why he was bleeding from his eyes and later started vomiting blood.
0082-012.png

And Muichiro's amp was connected to him unlocking his Mark. Muichiro even confirmed that the process of unlocking the Mark started while inside the water prison, and he received a sudden large boost before the Mark actually manifested.
0129-002.png

It is well supported by sudden enhanced physical capabilities through an established amp, Tanjiro having the power to smell and evaluate his opponent's strength, and by fitting extremely well with the power progression demonstrated by Doma's feat.

To be fair, Zenitsu does seem to start off more injured
0170-007.png

Though it is better to simply argue that Zenitsu has been shown to be comparable to Kanao when attacking Muzan while invisible, and then comparable to Inosuke in the ability to deliver damage and tank hits.

No.

That's like saying "One person got his legs and arms cut off and the other got a bullet wound in his toe, and they both took hits so they should both scale".

Saying that they're both injured is not good enough.
Tbf in this case they’re taking hits from the same guy who is seriously trying to kill them
Unless you wanna argue Muzan is carefully adjusting his striking strength so that he doesn’t one shot kill Zenitsu or something even though he’s grown immensely tired of fighting all of them.

Plus as Shadow said, Zenitsu took worse injuries earlier on but I agree with him it’s just better with him being compared to Kanao to primarily use for scaling.

King Tempest Ok'd the sandbox

It seems many staff currently lack time to evaluate a long overdue CRT, so other revisions or future concerns would go along a lot smoother and be better discussed in a much more concise new thread.
So I guess we can finally start applying soon.

I am thinking in a few days to see if Demon has time to give an additional review,
afterwards I think it would be fine to apply since there is a staff approval, lack of new objections raised, and any new objections would be resolved much more efficiently in a new thread.

Back