• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Killua Zoldyck Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, I want to say that Godspeed isn't a strength amplification, it is a huge speed amplification. A speed amplification so great that Killua in base will never be able to achieve the same speed even with his "bottomless" and "1 in 10 million" potential.

Before you say "Killua in Godspeed was able to make Youpi move and doing that is higher than anything his base can", it really isn't. Knuckle was able to make Youpi go flying with a single punch, should he be 8-A? And crucially he did 0 damage.

Therefore Chimera Ant Arc Killua should just be 8-B with Godspeed as a speed amplification. The issue here is that he is unfazed with fighting Illumi, which we take as him scaling physically. I would disagree with this because he would blitz Illumi quite badly with Godspeed and his electricity ignores durability.

Also I think Killua's intelligence should be increased to Genius, his childish nature makes him seem Gifted but I feel Genius should be fine for a few reasons. His general knowledge is clearly extensive, showing knowledge on behavioural research. Also trained i darts and has completely mastered it, using this knowledge mid-combat. It is clear he has been trained in general topics as assassin training. He has an impressive memory. As we know, Killua is a master assassin with extensive knowledge on assassination techniques, including those of supernatural nature that normal assassins could never attain. I would say actual combat skill Killua is too lacking to be called a genius in this regard evident if you've read the Greed Island Arc so he would be gifted in this regard. Though he is skilled with many weapons, even yo-yos.

One of the reasons why I think Killua should have genius intelligence is his analytical skills, he can tell the strength, powers and skills of others with a glance. He can tell their nature as he did with Hisoka's bloodlust and Majtani (The dude from Trick Tower in the Hunter Exam) hadn't killed anybody in his life. His strategic skills. Biscuit Krueger relied on him to create a strategy to defeat Genthru. The Extermination Team relied on his theories before they entered the battlefield and when on the battlefield he instantly adapted to the unforeseen events without hesitation. His fight against Sub who was a much stronger opponent and could have one-shot him showed his intelligence in combat. His analysis o Knuckle vs Go.

The main reason is his genius in Nen. Killua created Godspeed in the midst of combat, a very complex Hatsu which causes his body to ignore the nervous system. Also his Nen allocation is near perfect, something he did with pure skill.

Agree with Godspeed not giving a AP boost, disagree with Killua being given Genius intellect, Gifted seems fine though.

Do you mean Base Killua scaling to Illumi?

No, I mean I disagree with what you said on the OP, that Killua wouldn't scale to Illumi due to blitzing him.

So you think he scales physically? If you accept Godspeed isn't a strength amp then regardless his Base would scale to Illumi, right?

EmperorRorepme said:
So you think he scales physically? If you accept Godspeed isn't a strength amp then regardless his Base would scale to Illumi, right?
Yes, that's what I'm saying, that he should get a "possibly 8-A" due to Illumi.

As I remember Killua's best feats AP feats in CAA were stomping Pouf's clone and matching Shoot/Knuckle

His power is mainly about speed and his electricity (which ignores durability, since he could easily paralyze Youpi who's Low 7-C with it), Narukami might seriously injure Illumi so maybe he was cocky about that

8-B and scaling to Illumi are both valid arguments.

Knuckle stomped both him and Gon at the start of the 20 days but near the end Gon somewhat match Knuckle though Knuckle was still faster and had a huge skill advantage. Killua matched Shoot quite easily even with the needle handicap. Without the needles handicap Killua gets an amp as though he always unconsciously held back before. We don't know how this Killua fares against Knuckle and Shoot. It is kinda implied without the needle Killua and Illumi could actually fight with no reservations and Killua was confident in that.

Narukami and Thunderbolts are more stunning abilities rather than attack potency related. Illumi is also resistant to electricity so it is unlikely the electricity would significantly injure him. So it's likely Killua physically scales.

You could just say we don't know the exact voltage of Killua's electricity. Youpi isn't exactly resistant to electricity, he's just really tanky. Whilst Killua was trained to since he was an infant.

Still strongly disagree with Killua being labled a Genius. None of the scans you posted warrant it at all, for example him having extremely limited knowledge on "behavioural research", what about this exactly is impressive? By the feats you've listed half the people on this Wiki could be labled Geniuses.

Purgy said:
Still strongly disagree with Killua being labled a Genius. None of the scans you posted warrant it at all, for example him having extremely limited knowledge on "behavioural research", what about this exactly is impressive? By the feats you've listed half the people on this Wiki could be labled Geniuses.
I used that to substantiate "It is clear he has been trained in general topics as assassin training" which you conveniently ignored.

Name them because I can name various characters who are listed a Genius based on analytical and strategic skill alone not even being that much above Killua for example Joseph Joestar.

EmperorRorepme said:
Purgy said:
I used that to substantiate "It is clear he has been trained in general topics as assassin training" which you conveniently ignored.
Name them because I can name various characters who are listed a Genius based on analytical and strategic skill alone not even being that much above Killua for example Joseph Joestar.
I didn't ignore anything, I wasn't going to quote every single one of your justifications for why Killua should be listed as Genius, they were all just so irrelevant than I didn't think it was necessary.

I wasn't referring to fictional characters, I'm referring to real users on this Wiki, by your classification of Genius, half the people who use this site could fit that category.

Joseph's is justified since his profile says he outsmarted the Pillar men, who has Killua ever outsmarted with intelligence like them? Maybe if Killua had outsmarted somebody like Meruem before then sure, but he hasn't, who has Killua actually outsmarted?

And calm down a bit, there's no need to get do defensive because I don't agree with Killua being considered a Genius in intellect.

"Genius" doesn't instantly mean you have to be an expert in quantum physics, I think that means him being a natural genius in his own craft, in this case, assassination

SpookyShadow said:
"Genius" doesn't instantly mean you have to be an expert in quantum physics, I think that means him being a natural genius in his own craft, in this case, assassinatio
Obviously. Killua probably is a Genius in assassination, if it was listed on his profile though I'm just worried people will mistake him for being extremely tactical etc which he isn't. If clarification is added explaining what exactly makes him a Genius (Meaning what exactly he's a Genius in, specifically Assassination) then I'd be fine with it.

Yes but I wasn't just using the behavioural theory as my point, I was saying that it was part of his training for him to have grasps of many types of general knowledge just as a side point.

Joseph outsmarted them with quite quaint tactics regardless of how fast they can memorise human language and technology. He beat AC/DC by putting rope around those spikes and tying them so when AC/DC cut them he wouldn't actually cut the correct ones. Not exactly the most ground breaking tactic.

If it seems like I'm angry I'm not really and I don't really mind if Killua stays Gifted I just think there's reason to believe he goes beyond that.

That seems fine, his growth rate in Nen would definitely qualify for it, and he's one of the best Assassins in his world so I don't see a problem with that.

Yeah Antvasima said Killua didn't meet the standards for genius. And that would also mean Illumi and Silva would also be changed to genius as well.

I also agree that Killua should be 8-B+ at most in Godspeed. There is no proof that he is comparable to Illumi physically, and we don't even know how strong Illumi is other than some statements about how he's comparable to Hisoka (personally I think Illumi is below Hisoka)

Killua vs Lux is massively outdated anyway, the key Killua fought is 7-C now.

But Killua should remain 8-A due to Illumi, even if you disagree with Illumi's rating.

Illumi is below Hisoka physically, but just a little bit (Judging from Phantom Troupe ranking). I believe they are comparable and Illumi is definitely 8-A

I am also doubtful about a genius rating. Maybe gifted instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back