• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bobsican

He/Him
Okay, so we are all aware that there´s an specific rule for this series that say the following:

"Given that most of the Disney characters (such as those from Tarzan, The Lion King, Peter Pan, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Pirates of the Caribbean, or The Nightmare Before Christmas) were strictly displayed at power levels close to those within their original movies when in the home "worlds", it is assumed that travellers between them, such as Sora, are automatically scaled in relation to the story that they are transported to, in order not to overwhelm and break it. In addition, it would also lead to them being very inconsistent with what they've shown in their respective movies as just because they fought alongside or against Sora and the others doesn't mean that they are automatically scaled to 4-C and Massively FTL+.

For this reason we cannot properly scale the characters within those fictions to Sora or other keyblade wielder displayed at their peaks, unless they have broken free from the constraints of their own stories and are travelling the worlds freely, such as is the case with Pete and Maleficent or King Mickey, Donald and Goofy." - The verse page

However, there´s some issues with this:

- All of the examples "Tarzan, The Lion King, Peter Pan, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Pirates of the Caribbean, or The Nightmare Before Christmas", have characters with noticeably different capabilities from the mainstream one via having unique powers (except The Hunchback of Notre Dame, which just lacks feats to get profiles for anyways), as we can see, for example, with the current profiles for Simba, Stitch, Ariel, Peter Pa, and most notably Woody and Buzz I´ve made, which have been respectively approved via either being able to come out from their respective world as a Summon (Simba, Stitch, Ariel, Peter Pan...) and/or holding unique powers and even a separate storyline from the "main" one that can justify the ratings (Woody, Buzz)

- More importantly, per the Alternative Canon and Composite Profiles page, "The key issue overall is notability/relevance. If a spin-off version of a character is very popular, prominent, and distinctive from the original, with a sufficient number of feats or descriptions to scale from, it can generally be featured."

We know that, for example, everyone that has been able to do anything noteworthy to any Keyblade user on the series was always a relevant character for the most part, which has often shown its own unique powers (Peter Pa can Time Stop opponents, Jack Skellinton can crush opponents with Gravity, Jack Sparrow can summon a magnetic orb from a chest, Tarzan can use magic, Simba can emit blasts of light, and the list goes on), and there´s how in KH basically everyone is abstract thanks to the heart, so they are pretty different, leading into calling it an "outlier" for just interacting with Sora and not crumbling to dust would be ignoring the whole context in the series of being quite separate from the main respective series of which the respective worlds may be taken from.

In a nutshell, the rule on the verse page has to be updated to also reflect the variant on the Editing Rules (Aka, not sound as strict in that because of how the whole thing goes) and use better examples for what gets a "no" per the current standards (Winnie Pooh, Elsa, etc, mainly in lack of feats to properly scale to anyone, for example)

One problem I see with this is that the only characters that should honestly scale are the ones that can break the laws of their world, I.E. can leave and go to other worlds. Or else we bring far more inconsistencies like Tarzan being hurt by a gun along with Sora.

Or, he shouldn't scale at all because nothing implies that other then him fighting with a very, very early game Sora which there's already been a rule for that. Narratively and common sense wise that bullet is clearly not meant to be High 4-C, that's a random assumption.

Well, early game Sora can lock Keyholes, which should still be High 4-C, even if on a lower scale than at "peak".

Anyways, the main point is that assuming that Sora, Donald and Goofy get "nerfed" each time they enter a world to not break it is an entirely baseless assumption.

No, they should not scale and should only scale to what they've shown in worlds. I'll list all the statements of Keyblade Wielders being limited in worlds, and Sora getting harmed by things that shouldn't threaten a high 4-C when I can.

Locking keyholes would not be High 4-C, that's just sealing hax.

It's not a baseless assumption whatsoever when it's shown that Disney characters that break the laws of their world are visibly comparable to Sora whiles ones that don't get harmed by guns and even heartless of those worlds get harmed by crates.

Well, to quote:

"Given that most of the Disney characters (such as those from Tarzan, The Lion King, Peter Pan, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Pirates of the Caribbean, or The Nightmare Before Christmas) were strictly displayed at power levels close to those within their original movies when in the home "worlds", it is assumed that travellers between them, such as Sora, are automatically scaled in relation to the story that they are transported to, in order not to overwhelm and break it. In addition, it would also lead to them being very inconsistent with what they've shown in their respective movies as just because they fought alongside or against Sora and the others doesn't mean that they are automatically scaled to 4-C and Massively FTL+. "

To a good chunk of characters in KH what happened in the "original" movies didn´t actually happen (At least exactly), as they are their own separate versions, and yeah, that´s why I haven´t made profiles for Heartless fodder by now, as they just lack something to directly scale to.

And which one is actually harmed by crates? I don´t remember anything like that.

Overall, While Tarzan may not scale totally, others like Jack Skellington and Mulan can still scale as there´s no "early game" excuse really, unless I may be missing something.

I agree with GiverOfThePeace. The Disney characters are clearly not supposed to be stronger than usual within their own worlds, but once outside of them they are somehow empowered to a similar level to Sora, for narrative purposes in order to be of help.

No, they really can't scale because as I already pointed out in my own comment, quote, "It's not a baseless assumption whatsoever when it's shown that Disney characters that break the laws of their world are visibly comparable to Sora whiles ones that don't get harmed by guns and even heartless of those worlds get harmed by crates." Agrabah has them get harmed by crates, Mulan's world the heartless get harmed by an avalanche, Nightmare Before Christmas is the only one out of those that can possibly "Scale" due to Oogie but that's getting too assumption-based because there's no concrete evidence he's truly broken out of the rules of his world. So no, none of them scale unless they, broke out of the rules of their world, like The Beast, Pete, Maleficent, summons, etc.

I have to agree with GiverOfThePeace here. You're assuming way too much by saying a random gunshot is supposed to be High 4-C. While there are verses with weaponry like that, this would have bullets through Tarzan's real life all be Large Star. Considering there's a statement like when they enter Alice's world about meddling in the worlds affairs, it's quite simple there are limitations actively put on them.

The only characters that should legitimately scale from Disney would be Pete, Maleficent, and Mickey mainly. I'm not sure about Beast because he did go outside of his world and fought them with Maleficent IIRC but not sure of him.

Well, Oogie Boogie managed to get out of his world thanks to Maleficent, same with Jafar.

Mulan still scales as Mushu was able to leave his own world to support Sora in KHI.

Anyways, overall, as the other pages have something better to scale to (Hercules scales to Zeus directly, for example), surprisingly, the only page affected by this currently is Tarzan, overall.

...What? Mushu or Mulan don't scale. Mushu literally only left his world because the darkness consumed it, and he was sealed as a summon just like Dumbo. Beast was the only Disney world exclusive character shown to ever break out of his world's border, being one of the very few who should scale.

Well, Mushu still left the boundaries of his own world, so if he can´t scale anyways, the rule should be updated to polish those details.

I do not mind if we polish the old rule a bit, but we can still only scale the characters that have journeyed outside of their own worlds, such as by being summons to Sora.

Yeah I agree with Giver. Not to mention this means that any profiles for KH Disney Characters that don't meet this criteria should be removed.

Hst master said:
Yeah I agree with Giver. Not to mention this means that any profiles for KH Disney Characters that don't meet this criteria should be removed.
I think this could move forward better if somebody listed which ones exactly may fall into removing territory.

I'm still against Disney characters directly scaling to Sora, but I'm fine with only the summons who have shown fighting beside him getting a 'possibly high 4-C'. The only Disney characters who directly scale should be: Pete, Maleficent, Hades, Hercules, Jafar, Oogie Boogie, and Captain Hook.

TheSpeedster96 said:
I'm still against Disney characters directly scaling to Sora, but I'm fine with only the summons who have shown fighting beside him getting a 'possibly high 4-C'. The only Disney characters who directly scale should be: Pete, Maleficent, Hades, Hercules, Jafar, Oogie Boogie, and Captain Hook.
Stitch and Beast should be fine as well given they've also been able to go outside their worlds.

- Simba is a summon in KHI and KHIII

- Ariel is a summon in KHCoM and KHIII

- Jack Skellington can scale to Ooogie Boogie, who scales to Maleficent, as she was forced to leave him alone because he didn´t let her turn Santa Claus into a Heartless

- Bambi was already handled as he lacked feats to scale respectively

- Ralph downright faces the KHx protagonist in combat, he is also a summon in KHIII

- Woody and Buzz are different, as their feats come while being in their "data" world (which is what Toy Box actually is, like Roxas at digital Twilight Town at early KHII), which explains the power change and them even getting new powers, which is even pointed out.

- Peter Pan is a summon in KHII, managed to keep up with Terra in BbS

- Tarzan has big issues respectively, so he may indeed be affected by the rule overall

- Mulan and Mushu´s results depends on how the rule is polished for their case

- Tron here is clearly a different one, being in Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden and all, and Rinzler is just an illusion of the past (As that´s how the main setting of KH3D went), which managed to keep up with Sora in a fight.

Simba's amped, KH 3 Simba is clearly different from regular Simba.

CoM Ariel is Sor'as memories, not actual Ariel, KH 3 again, different from regular Ariel.

Why would Oogie at all scale to Maleficent? She left him alone cause she wanted nothing more to do with him since he wasn't following her plans.

Keep up with Terra while he's required to follow the rules of the worlds + summon is amped by drive form clothes.

Mushu's amped, all summons have a specific amp to them which allows them to help Sora out.

How is KHIII Ariel/Simba different from regular Ariel/Simba?

Well, Oogie clearly oppossed her of turning Santa Claus into a Heartless, so it´s possible as she didn´t treat him as fodder or stuff like that, and again, he left his own world to get to Hollow Bastion thanks to her.

And where´s stated that other summons are amped by stuff?

-And they still have to follow the rules of the world, which even Sora and Co gave to follow, hence why they became toys despite being in the Data version.

-Tron's computer is in hollow bastion but it's still Space Paranoids/The Grid, a disney world also being a dream world doesn't exempt it.

So far the only one that's fine is Ralph for Ux.

1. Simba getting 'possibly high 4-C' is better, along with all the summons.

2. Her summon is a card created from Sora's memories, it's not actually her.

3. I'm fine with that.

4. Keyblade Wielders are stated multiple times to not mess with the order of a world, so Ralph does not scale to them.

5. That's irrelevant. Buzz and Woody still lack any kind of scaling to high 4-C, and this is literally the world where Donald points out the world order thing again.

6. Keyblade Wielders are limited once again, he doesn't scale to Terra.

7. Kk.

8. They'd get a 'possibly high 4-C'.

9. No he's not. Space Paranoids is a copy of Tron's world, and it's still treated as an actual world inside of Ansem's computer.

Hst master said:
-And they still have to follow the rules of the world, which even Sora and Co gave to follow, hence why they became toys despite being in the Data version.

-Tron's computer is in hollow bastion but it's still Space Paranoids/The Grid, a disney world also being a dream world doesn't exempt it.

So far the only one that's fine is Ralph for Ux.
Yes, because if they came as normal, "order" would be broken, which is to not be mixed up with power levels in this case.

It´s stated that this Tron is actually a copy made by Ansem the Wise, and Rinzler is yet another copy of Tron, which Sora manages to make him recognize as he still remembers the time they went along in Space Paranoids thanks to his keyblade, so both atill scale.

Anyways, if the above isn´t enought for the standards, I´m fine with just "Possibly at least High 4-C" ratings.

Yes, because if they came as normal, "order" would be broken, which is to not be mixed up with power levels in this case.

It´s stated that this Tron is actually a copy made by Ansem the Wise, and Rinzler is yet another copy of Tron, which Sora manages to make him recognize as he still remembers the time they went along in Space Paranoids thanks to his keyblade, so both atill scale.

Do you have any proof it even works like this? Because the rules of the worlds aren't picky on whether they mean just their appearance or their strength.

And that still doesn't exempt him cuz it's litterally just space paranoids. And again being a sleeping world doesn't exempt it. It's like saying Quasimodo scales because he's in a sleeping world. Especially since the world is sleep it will always keep the status quo.

Bobsican said:
How is KHIII Ariel/Simba different from regular Ariel/Simba?
Well, Oogie clearly oppossed her of turning Santa Claus into a Heartless, so it´s possible as she didn´t treat him as fodder or stuff like that, and again, he left his own world to get to Hollow Bastion thanks to her.

And where´s stated that other summons are amped by stuff?
Their very forms and bodies show that alone.

No, nothing there indicates she doesn't view him as fodder, she literally just gets sick of his shit and leaves. Oogie is also shown forgetting all about her and the events that happened indicating that he's back under the laws of the world. Even then, Maleficent helped him escape, he didn't break out on his own.

Summons regain themself with only their spirit and Sora uses his keyblade to get them out of their gem, both indicates they're being amped.

GiverOfThePeace said:
Their very forms and bodies show that alone.

No, nothing there indicates she doesn't view him as fodder, she literally just gets sick of his shit and leaves. Oogie is also shown forgetting all about her and the events that happened indicating that he's back under the laws of the world. Even then, Maleficent helped him escape, he didn't break out on his own.

Summons regain themself with only their spirit and Sora uses his keyblade to get them out of their gem, both indicates they're being amped.
Well, by that logic Pete wouldn´t be able to scale to Maleficent, unless there´s something I may be missing, and it´s pointed out that Oogie just has terrible memory, even forgetting of Maleficent ressurecting him and all, so that´s not a point really.

No, Fairy Godmother is the one that frees them from their gem, Sora just uses his Keyblade for the actual summon part, and Donald and Goofy disappearing while using them is easily game mechanics (system limitations and all), as summons like Genie never were a gem to begin with.

And in KHII things turn even weirder as "While most of the summon spells on the first game gave a temporary body to the soul contained within the gem, the charm actually teleports the summonable character directly from their world", meaning that they actually come out of their own world and are aware of that, as Jiminy´s journal entries for them points out, of which a similar thing happens to the KHIII ones, contrary to what you would think due to their looks (WoG actually states that they were made like that to avoid issues with Disney on how to portray the characters, IIRC)

Back