• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kelsier vs. Kayneth Archibald

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
To celebrate me copying and pasting sh*t from Lord Ruler's profile making a profile for Kelsier, let's try and give the champ his first battle.

Speed is equalized, Kayneth starts the battle with Volumen Hydrargyrum. Battle takes place in Einsbern Mansion, and Kelsier has acess to all his metals sans Atium. Otherwise, SBA.

Kelsier - 1 (Papi)

Kayneth -

Incon - 2 (Apies, Dragon)

Cognitive Shadow Kelsier
VolHy

Oh, right kinda forgot about this, sorry. Anyway, I'm really not sure. I thought alot about this a day ago and couldn't really come to a conclusion. Does Archibald have like mp or something that can run out?

I believe Magecraft is limited by mana, although Kayneth has a metric ton given how talented he is as a magus. In otherwords, Kel can drain him in touch, although that's assuming he can get past Volumen's automatic defenses.

What i'm thinking is with the skill set each of them has, neither can really touch each other. In my mind, it's either an Inconclusive or a loss for who ever runs out first.

I'm actually not sure on that one. Might be best to wait for Monarch to pop into this thread, although if both of them just go for destructive force I'd say Kayneth would edge over, especially since it can also block attacks that Kel throws at him.

You forget metals charged with magic/attributes resist Allomancy, and Volumen has a sizable amount of magic flowing through it.

I'm also pretty sure Kel can riot or soothe Kayneth, although I don't know the extent of his magic/mind resistances.

Kel has all metals he typically has access to except for Atium.

Alright so the basics then. Yeah, I'm not sure. Archibald's main advantage is that his Volumen will resist Kel's pushes and pulls, but that just evens things out for me even more. Yeah, I don't know. I guess put me down for a Conclusive Inconslusive.

Seeing how Kayneth's little thing has automatic defenses, and isn't affected by pushes or pulls, I'd either see it going like this.

1. Kelsier looses by burning all of his metals out (Which I find the least likely outcome)

2. Kelsier retreats.

Put me down to Inconclusive, Unless I can find another reason why Kelsier or Kayneth would whoop eachother.

PapiSavitar5025 said:
and isn't affected by pushes or pulls
If it's metal and it isn't A) A metalmind or B) Aluminum, it's affected by pushes and pulls.

Also bump from the grave.

I agree, actually. I think that was brought up in Wax vs. Kerry.

That put I think Kel is getting downgraded to 9-B as the 9-A feats were disproven, however I still think this is fair as Kel can still empathyhax to some degree.

Kayneth should actually be around 9-B physically, as even untrained mages can tank wall-shattering attacks.

Dargoo Faust said:
PapiSavitar5025 said:
and isn't affected by pushes or pulls
If it's metal and it isn't A) A metalmind or B) Aluminum, it's affected by pushes and pulls.
Also bump from the grave.
The other two people were saying that it wouldn't be, if it's affected I'm going with kelsier.

I mean, Kelsier could just redirect it anytime and go in for the kill, While Kayneth might have some physical strength I don't see him standing up against a pewter enhanched Kelsier in close quarters combat especially with that metal thing always coming back, Allowing Kelsier to push and pull on it and possibly even redirect it back at him.

Fodderizing Koloss and decapitating an Inquisitor would definitely justify that.

Didn't Kel or Vin do that with enough Pewterburning or strong enough Pushes?

Unless I'm forgeting something I don't thing the Koloss even showed up until book 2.

I mean even the small ones were considered a threat, and even then Vin was clearly a Pewter Savent.

Vin is not a savant only talented, and she could kill Kolosses left and right without using duraluminium. She had to use it a few times when fighting an army of them, but was trashing them too inbetween duraluminium boosts. Kelsier is weaker than Vin but not that much. And there is also standard Pewter flaring which is easy to forget.

Coinshoting is basically gun - can Archibald survive gunshot?

Volumin Hydra has blocked bullets, and she's clearly a lowkey savent. Not anywhere near spook sure, but she fits the signs. She flares pewter constantly and suffers without it. And when she fought the army she had Elend with her, who is actually stronger then her and Kell.

To be fair, Kayneth has to do certain chants to activate some parts of Vol, although some of its defenses are automatic. While Kel isn't nearly as talented as Breeze with Soothing/Rioting, even basic Soothing/Rioting should make coordinated attacks from Kayneth hard.

I'd argue that coinshot projectiles surpass bullets simply because they have a much larger mass via being coins and would be 9-B via scaling alone. The only downside is that they aren't piercing projectiles and can land flat, dispersing a lot of the energy.

In Mistborn Alloy of Law MC who is a coinshot who also likes to use guns says that they are interchangable with firepower, and coins are easier to use.

Pewter Savant gets pain resistance and better healing - not greater strength.

Plus interesting info i found while scouting Arcanum (official archive with quotes of the author of the books) burning Pewter with a normal person doubles strength, and with flaring triples (https://wob.coppermind.net/events/9/#e7674)

Yeah, I remember Wax saying that.

I'm not sure if the multiplier works literally, as some pewter burning characters have feats that are well over three times of what even peak humans can accomplish.

Back