• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kaze (Fire Emblem Fates) vs Great Shinobi Owl (Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice)

Gonna try this one after slogging it with Lady Butterfly, was tricky to find a 7-C assassin
  • 7-C versions are used, Owl is in his Prime (which technically makes him Owl (Father) but shush)
  • Fight takes place on the Ashina Tower
  • Speeds are equalized

Owl: 3 (SheevShezarrine, Stillwinston, Mr._Bambu)

Kaze:

Last edited:
Just found out we no longer acknowledge Lethality, which makes this a whole lot more fair now that we have removed Kaze's ability to oneshot.

How good is Owl's teleport and how often does he use it?

Just found out we no longer acknowledge Lethality, which makes this a whole lot more fair now that we have removed Kaze's ability to oneshot.

How good is Owl's teleport and how often does he use it?
Kinda depends on RNG in-game, but he can spam it, and he can trigger it in gaps between his attacks, when he seems vulnerable. The downside tho is that him exiting it is pretty telegraphed

So it looks like they're fairly evenly matched in terms of AP and scaling chains. And they have a lot of the same powers and abilities except Owl has smoke generation and summoning where as Kaze has extrasensory perception. Extrasensory Perception is commonly something that's great for countering stealthy opponents. And I'm not sure how Owl regularly fights, but Kaze is exceptionally great with duplication and afterimage creation. And Extrasensory Perception as I said is typically better than enhanced senses.

I may change stance later, but leaning towards Kaze for now.

How does Kaze fight? Owl will use all manner of dirty tricks to get the upper hand. To him, killing is more important than how it's done. He will blind, poison, and deceive the enemy until they are killed.

Kaze is a thief/assassin, he'd do pretty much the same thing in the heat of battle.

Well this is Owl (Father), so he probably wouldn't have smoke manipulation, he'd have fire manip, teleport, and summoning through his owl, and would have explosion manip through his firecrackers

I don't know what the Fire Emblem scaling chain is like, but Owl is pretty high up on the Sekiro scaling chain, being the second or third most skilled person in the verse, and that's even without his dirty tricks stacking things in his favor.

Even average foot soldiers can regularly cast meteor and/or scale to others who cast/tank meteor. Which is where the 15.6 Kiloton feat comes from, boss characters are seen as being able to take on packs of those soldiers single handedly with playable units such as Kaze being well above most bosses and get stronger with each and every fight. He pretty much one-shots entire armies of 15.6 Kiloton scalers casually.

Even average foot soldiers can regularly cast meteor and/or scale to others who cast/tank meteor. Which is where the 15.6 Kiloton feat comes from, boss characters are seen as being able to take on packs of those soldiers single handedly with playable units such as Kaze being well above most bosses and get stronger with each and every fight. He pretty much one-shots entire armies of 15.6 Kiloton scalers casually.
So each scales to/above a fairly casual feat, with Kaze having a better scaling chain and likely a fairly good AP advantage, then. What's his skill scaling like? Kaze > a boss > dozens of soldiers is pretty decent, but fairly basic, so more elaboration would be good

Skill scaling is a lot harder to judge compared to AP scaling. And I'm not really sure scaling chains for skill/intelligence is really something that should be a thing but rather we look for various skill feats. But he does regularly sneak up and infiltrate entire forts filled with extrasensory perception soldiers to steal all their chest items and pick locks. But for combat stuff, he does use terrain to his advantage in forests, castles, mountains, deserts, rivers, ect. And he sneak attacks with his poison weapons, shuriken, and daggers.

Skill scaling is entirely valid when it's between individuals with similar skill sets, such as between Owl and Wolf or Wolf and Isshin, since holding one's own against a skilled opponent using a similar skill set is a feat in and of itself. As for Owl, he fought evenly with Wolf, who is a genius in combat capable of mastering multiple fighting styles in a short amount of time, to the point that he can even outskill the progenitors of said fighting styles (such as Isshin Ashina) and/or those who trained to mastery directly under them (such as Genichirou Ashina)

Owl trained Wolf who can take on Gyobu that can take on entire armies and render them a non issue
And the version of Wolf that defeated Gyoubu Oniwa was a scrub compared to end-game Wolf and probably still rusty compared to his own previous prime, assuming he killed Oniwa before killing Lady Butterfly.

Yeah skill wise I think Owl takes it by a fairly significant margin. I'd like to know if Kaze's duplication is spammable and how exactly it works, since I think that's really his only saving grace in this scenario.

Replicate creates a single clone, the clone has the exact same equipment, health, and skills (only one we really count is Poison Strike though) in game

It's not spammable and it only creates the one

Oh. It's been awhile since I was in this thread.

In that case I wouldn't consider it a significant enough advantage, barring it occurring passively or something, so my vote goes to Owl.

Back