• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamesthetaker

He/Him
As the Kamen Rider series has expanded since 1975, each series has its own motif and lore to tell. In recent years, the producer has started making connections between each series through crossover movies and so on. What comes to this is a concept shared across all series called "Memories". This thread is dedicated to explaining the definition of "Memories" in the Kamen Rider series and how they work.

Kamen Rider Den-O​

Kamen Rider Den-O (2007) is an entry that involves the motif of time travel. Den-O built up the idea that human memories create time and our reality. Whenever change happens to those concepts, as long as humans still remember them, they will continue to exist and fix themselves. It was also established that beings can rely on memories to support their own existence. Let's look at some of the examples:

In the movie of the same series, Ore Sanjou!, the main villain, Gaoh, wants to erase time from existence by using the GaohLiner, which controls all time. This action will result in the disappearance of an era that contained the Akashic Record, a conceptual record of history from past to future. When the heroes defeat Gaoh, reality is automatically restored because people keep remembering about it.

The Imagin is a creature that comes from a destroyed timeline. Thus, they have no physical form and will disappear after a certain point of time. By the end of the series, the Imagin have found a way to support their existence from the memories they've spent together. Yuto Sakurai is a practically similar case because his transformation in Kamen Rider Zeronos slowly exhausts his existence and erase himself from people's memories. However, he was able to avoid this by using memories of himself from the present.

Kamen Rider OOO​

In the Let's Go Kamen Rider movie, the evil organization SHOCKER attempts to change history by brainwashing the Double Riders into their slaves. This results in a timeline where SHOCKER have taken over the world and there are no more Riders since the first two are brainwashed. At the climax of the movie, all the Riders suddenly appeared, and it was explained that as long as memories of them still exist, they will revive even after being erased.

Kamen Rider Ghost​

As the concept of memory is constantly used throughout the entire franchise, it is expanded even further in Kamen Rider Ghost.

In episode 33 of Kamen Rider Ghost, the main protagonist claims memories are beyond time, life, and death, connect the past to the future, and extend into infinity. He used these memories to revive himself, even his Eyecon which stored his soul.

In this series, memories are illustrated as being engraved on feathers. This was shown when Takeru invaded the network of data consciousnes, a place that contained every mind and soul in the world.

This shows that memories are portrayed as being fundamentally similar to data consciousness, which is information composed of mind and soul.

Other Movies​

There are several instances of memories being mentioned as well. Although they support my argument on how memories are fundamental to reality, they don't add up to anything new, so I have placed them as supportive evidence.

Kamen Rider Decade​

In the 2010 movie, Decade X W, Decade was erased from the multiverse after fulfilling his purpose as the Destroyer of Worlds. If there are people who still remember him, then he can recreate his own existence.

Heisei Generation FOREVER​

In this movie, the entire history of Kamen Rider got erased by the main villain, Tid. He claims that the Riders' history has become fictional and no longer existed, but because the Riders are remembered, they still persist in the world.

TL;DR​

To sum up, memories are treated as one of the most fundamental concepts in the Kamen Rider series. Memories create time and shape reality, as well as sustain existence. Memories are fundamentally similar to data consciousness, which is information composed of the minds and souls of all living beings. Memories are beyond time, life, and death. It's unaffected by the change in history or the erasure of the conceptual record from past to future.

From this, memories as a whole will be treated as Conceptual Manipulation (Type 1), Information Manipulation (Type 2), Mind Manipulation, and Soul Manipulation.

The Riders who will benefit from this are Kamen Rider Ghost, who have evolved into a state akin to the Great Eye, an omnipotent entity that's infused with countless souls and the collective consciousness of all living beings. This means that Ghost now embodies a type 1 concept, has type 2 information, and has an aspect of type 2 and type 4 NEP due to lacking those mentioned things in the previous thread.

I haven't yet watched most of these, but I did go through Den-O, and honestly that much is enough for me to agree on since the whole series had a pretty strong showing of it as a concept. So again, agreed.

Damn, maybe I can propose CM in Ultraman too considering the use of similar ideas?

Oh btw i think Touma should have resistance to CM type 1 cause he resist his adopted son erase from the memory of people

I agree, but who would have this ability?
Ghost is the first to come to mind since he is the collective consciousness, which includes memories from the people. Another Ridewatches applied to this since they temporarily erased memories of the Rider from history. Maybe Amazing Siren, but I haven't watched Saber yet to draw a conclusion.

As for the Imagins and Zeronos, their ability to sustain their own existence is more akin to immortality or regeneration, which I will make a thread dealing with sometime later. A Singularity Point like Ryotaro is immune to such changes, so he will get more resistance.

man, now Ghost has Conceptual Manip type 1.
Fukuda really know how to buff his main riders to god-like level.
anyway, i agreed with the revision.

Last edited:
Not much? Den-O doesn't **** around with history so most likely that he'll just get bunch of resistances and immortality (possibly smurf res) instead.

Now, Gaoh on the other hand.

Would using Gaoh Liner to delete era count as environment destruction?
Maybe? Environmental Destruction implies that GaohLiner can create non-combat applicable results, which isn't the case since the whole era got erased the moment it started running. It's more on the hax side than AP.

Last edited:
The Conceptual, Mind, and Soul Manipulation seems fine. I'll wait to see what others think about NEP stuff.

Seems strangely consistent but yeah it kinda is like that.

This would mean Legend Riders get type 8 reliant on a type 1 concept. God that makes Decade and Zi-O so broken.

I agree with this.

Ghost is the first to come to mind since he is the collective consciousness, which includes memories from the people. Another Ridewatches applied to this since they temporarily erased memories of the Rider from history. Maybe Amazing Siren, but I haven't watched Saber yet to draw a conclusion.

As for the Imagins and Zeronos, their ability to sustain their own existence is more akin to immortality or regeneration, which I will make a thread dealing with sometime later. A Singularity Point like Ryotaro is immune to such changes, so he will get more resistance.
Amazing Siren basically erases people's memories, to the point where existence dissolves.

Spoiler: in the movie he only erased the memories of Blades' mind but that in itself completely erased the existence of his friends, to the point where they never existed.

Amazing Siren basically erases people's memories, to the point where existence dissolves.

Spoiler: in the movie he only erased the memories of Blades' mind but that in itself completely erased the existence of his friends, to the point where they never existed.
If that is what happened, then I guess Amazing Siren can qualify for it.

If you can find the scans for that then this will be further proof that this isn't just a Heisei Rider things, but something that extended across every Rider era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back