• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid: Standard Revision

Jamesthetaker

He/Him
Revision for Ex-Aid characters. Nothing to say, so let's begin.

Here is the profile that need to be revised:

Game Area​

Game Area is an ability that allows the Riders to create a digital field akin to a videogame stage. In this special space, the rules of the game are imposed on all players inside. It's possible for players to select which stage to play on as well.

Here are some examples of Game Area:
Game Area would qualify for the following abilities:

Game Disease​

Game Disease is a special disease caused by the Bugster Virus. The viruses infect humans and multiply themselves to take over the host. When the viruses reach their final stage, the infected will completely disappear from the world. While the growth of the virus may take a while to be completed, the stress of the patient would weaken their immune system, thus speeding up the process.

According to Hiiro, the CR doctors are given compatibility surgery, which introduces a small sample of the Bugster Virus to their body to induce antibody production. This allows them to resist the Game Disease. However, according to Kuroto Dan, a large quantity of viruses could overcome their resistance and erase them on the spot.

Aside from the conventional game disease, there are also different types of diseases such as the Pacman Disease, the Ninja Disease, and the Gamedeus Disease. Those are the kinds of diseases that can bypass resistance to normal game disease and are capable of infecting those who are otherwise immune to it.

Game Disease would qualify for the following abilities:
Other diseases mentioned above will qualify for the following ability:
  • Resistance Negation: It can bypass the resistance of CR doctors, who are resistant to normal Game Disease, and even the Bugsters, who are impossible to infect due to being the virus themselves.

Bugsters​

The Bugster is the main cause of Game Disease. They are entities made entirely out of computer data, so by default, they don't have a soul. According to Graphite, when a bug takes over a human, they also inherit the host data. They can access the host's memories, which are said to be saved data. When Kuroto Dan programs the Bugster, he creates their thought patterns and consciousness. This means that Bugster's mind is also data.

The Bugsters are immortal and able to "continue" whenever they die. Whenever they got a Game Over, their body and data would disappear, but they would come back later. Every time the Bugsters die, they come back stronger and evolve. This is similar to real-life viruses adapting to man-made vaccines and mutating. They can also save their data somewhere else and revive from that source.

Here is an example of a Bugster adapting after being destroyed: Motor Bugster lost his bike ability in episode 24, but later in episode 30, he adapted to his speed even without a bike.

Since Bugsters originated from video games, they can travel through cyberspace, such as 2-D space.

Additionally, the Bugsters themselves are immune to Game Disease, and it's impossible to infect them with it. They are capable of using the Bugvisor, which infects the user with a large quantity of viruses, something that not even CR doctors can withstand.

The Bugsters will get the following abilities:
  • Regeneration: Mid-Godly; Bugsters can revive from their own deaths, after which the body and data vanish. Computer data is what makes up their body and mind, which means they can survive a complete destuction of their existence.
  • Reactive Evolution and Accelerated Development (Other; Physical Statistics and Abilities): Bugsters become stronger and evolve every time they die, similar to how viruses mutate and adapt to man-made vaccines.
  • Immersion: They can freely travel through cyberspace inside a video game.
  • Resistance to Game Disease: Bugsters are immune to Game Disease, and they can use the Bugvisor, which infects the user with a large quantity of viruses, something that not even CR doctors can withstand.

Higher Levels of Resistance​

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid uses a leveling system similar to a video game to rate a character's level. The level ladder starts from Level 0 up to Level 100 and Level Billion. The series seems to build an idea that higher levels are more resistant to lower level ability. Although this isn't 100% correct for every ability in the series, there is some evidence for that assumption:
For safety reasons, I will only assume that the ability of minor Bugsters is resisted. Here is a list of the minor Bugsters and their abilities:

Stamina​

The stamina section of Ex-Aid Riders is very bad, so I will propose a new rating for them.

First of all, realistically speaking, they are all doctors, and good ones as well. According to this, doctors generally work 10 hours a day. Although this isn't a concrete number to be taken literally for every doctor out there, the characters are skilled doctors, so their workload should naturally be greater than the average doctor's.

Secondly, The Bugster Virus causes extreme pain and distress in its victims, to the point where they eventually pass out from the strain. CR surgery is performed on CR physicians to help them withstand the effects of the virus. Snipe was able to transform into Kamen Rider Cronus, which required him to be immune to every strain of virus. The Bugvisor, which contains numerous viruses that are dangerous to even CR doctors, can be used by the Bugsters normally.

On a more advanced level, there is the Gamedeus Virus, which can kill the Bugster with just one cell and cause excruciating pain. Cronus has the capacity to take the virus inside him without suffering.

From all the evidence above, I believe that Superhuman stamina should be given to all Ex-Aid characters.

Kuroto Dan's Preparation​

This one should be simple. One of Kuroto Dan's strategies is to create a new device to tip the balance of the conflict in his favor, so he should have Preparation by default.

In the Legend Rider special, Kuroto was able to replicate the combat data of every Kamen Rider that came before him, including Kamen Rider Decade and Kamen Rider Gaim. This means Kuroto should have this tier for his preparation:

Tier: 9-B, High 6-B to 1-C with Preparation

Attack Potency: Wall level (Harmed Emu Hojo), Large Country level to Complex Multiverse level with Preparation (With preparation, Kuroto is able to create all the Gashats and Game Drivers in a short time. Additionally, he was able to replicate the power of every Kamen Rider that came before him, including Kamen Rider Decade and Kamen Rider Gaim, despite having little knowledge of them)

Game and Life​

The Kamen Rider Ex-Aid series has been building upon the idea that a game is equal to life, and this has been expanded in the novelization, Mighty Novel X. The paragraph below is the thought of Kuruto Dan, the person who created every game and Bugster ever in the series.

The Kamen Rider Ex-Aid series has built upon the idea that a game is equal to life, and this has only been expanded in the novelization, Mighty Novel X.
Why do games exist in this world?
I have been faced with this challenge for as long as I have lived.
At the very least, unfortunately, I was not the one who invented the original concept of games. By the time I was born, “games” already existed, and they were already acknowledged as a part of entertainment culture.
As I look over the night city spreading out beneath me, I imagine all of the people who are playing games at this moment.
Spending a small amount of time after the day’s work, traveling to a virtual world, experiencing thrills and excitement of the sort that would be impossible in the real world, cherishing their time resting their exhausted bodies and relieving the stress of the day. Free from social constraints and public order, immersing themselves in entertainment.
However, I do not consider games to exist purely for the purposes of entertainment and stress relief.
A game embodies the concept of life itself.
Let us consider what the definition of life is in the first place.
There are many different ways to define life, but the most common one is to refer to it as the root of all living things. It is used as a concept to distinguish between “living” and “dead” things, or “living things” and “inanimate things”. But when I was a young boy, I did not feel I was given a clear answer to the definition of life.
Because in this world, there are things called “viruses”.
Viruses do not have cells, which are considered to be the smallest unit of life, but they also cannot be considered to be dead. They have a structure that allows them to replicate themselves using the cells of other organisms, and they also have DNA. They have characteristics of living beings, and they can even be life-threatening entities, yet they cannot definitively be described as a living organism unless they have cells.
However, through games, I was able to uncover an answer.
Games have “lives” in them.
The definition of “lives” in a game is also ambiguous, but it can generally be considered to be the source of life for a game’s characters. However, there are many different kinds of characters in a game’s world, and a life counter can be assigned to characters other than biological ones such as humans, animals or plants. In particular, it is even possible to assign “lives” to characters such as robots, as long as they can be materially defined as a character. In other words, even a virus can be assigned “lives”, and thus defined as a living organism.
By bringing my “creations” to life, I understood games to be the embodiment of life itself.
That was when my world changed.
In comparison, the real world, where we only ever had one life each, seemed outdated and obsolete.
When my mother, Sakurako Dan, passed away, it only confirmed it further for me.
I realized that we lived in an extremely fragile world, where our lives were dependent on how successfully medical care could protect us. In such a deathly world, I came to realize that I was in danger of being eroded by this world — and, more importantly, so were my genius talents, which the world could not afford to lose.
But in a game, the rules of the world could be set in any way I desired. I could give myself immortality status, or set my own number of lives to 99, or even duplicate my own life as insurance.
With only even a single one of my ideas, I could continue to roll out updates to the concept of “life” itself.
Mighty Novel X is both my test for the world, and my test for Emu Houjou.
The malfunctioning medical devices are my warning against the vulnerability and weaknesses of medical care, and my warning for overly narrow-minded humans who are bound by preconceived notions.
Now, let us start the countdown.
The time is now 11:59 PM, with 55 seconds on the clock.
Four…three…two…one…zero.
Now, Emu Houjou. Come and show me…

…the destined ending of Mighty Novel X.

-Kamen Rider Ex-Aid ~Mighty Novel X~ — The [Ending] That Never Ends

The context is that Kuroto Dan claims that a game is the equivalent to life. Everything from a virus to a robot can be assigned "lives". By programing their data and thought patterns, he was able to create life.

Let's take a look at a closer example of this statement. In the novel, Kuroto Dan created a game that represents Emu Houjo, the protagonist's, entire life.

I was in Mighty Novel X‘s Game Area.
But since I hadn’t followed the intended game progression, I wasn’t in a normal Game Area.
Normally, a player would go through a game by following its rules and going through its Game Areas in the right order.
But I’d barged in through the back door. I could access a Gashat’s data directly and go back and forth between the Game Areas as much as I liked. A “cheat”, as they called it.
The Gashat had an archive of assets, which made up the data in the game.
The largest section of the data was dedicated to the art assets.
There were the assets for Emu’s house, the Next Genome Research Institute, and so on and so forth. Anyway, there was an archive for every Game Area. There was also an asset archive of characters, an asset archive of dialogue, an asset archive of voiced lines, BGM, sound effects, you name it. There was a ton of it all.
The entirety of Seito, which tied together all of the art assets, was spread out in front of me as an open world.
I’ve worked with Genm for a long time, and I must say, there is no man more diligent than he is.
He’s managed to reproduce the actual city with data, right down to the tiniest details.
Not just the buildings and the roads, but even the pieces of garbage on the road and the irregular bursts of rain. An exceptional degree of attention to detail.

He calls himself a god, but I can’t even say that’s entirely wrong. He’s breathed life into this game’s characters, and he’s made an entire world like this.
Oops. This isn’t the time to be singing the praises of a guy like him.
I left the art asset space and teleported to the character asset archive.
It was a computerized space with black walls, and images of people connected to each other.
“Did you really think Mighty Novel X‘s story would end here?”
“And what do you mean by that?”
“So far, you’ve managed to get through the part of the story with Emu Houjou’s past. But his tale will still be spun from the present to the future…Yes, this game will only end in the future. Emu Houjou will be the one to decide when it ends. That is to say, you.”
All three of us were silent with shock.
There was no definite ending to Mighty Novel X. In other words, Mighty Novel X‘s story was equivalent to Emu Houjou’s own life.
So it would only reach its ending…when Emu’s own life did.

-Kamen Rider Ex-Aid ~Mighty Novel X~ — The [Innocence] That Was Shattered

The first paragraph's context was about how the game functions. It contains data assets of characters, dialogue, voiced lines, BGM, sound effects, etc. Everything inside the game is made of data, from the Earth, the Moon, countless stars in the sky, and even the entire universe, down to the tiniest detail. Genm himself was able to collect the data of his own death, thus proving that "death" also exists as a data form in the game world.

The context of the second paragraph explains that the game Mighty Novel X is the life of Emu Houjou, spanning from the present to the future, and it would only end when he died.

An direct evidence of conceptual ability come from the Kamen Rider Zukan website:

マイティオールマイティ​

仮面ライダーゲンムの胸部を保護する装甲ユニット。
内部に組み込まれたステージエディット装置により、時間や物理法則といった、ゲームエリア内のあらゆる事象の概念を自在に操ることができる。

Mighty Almighty
An armored unit that protects the chest of Masked Rider Genm.
The stage-editing device built into the unit allows it to freely manipulate all concepts of events in the game area, such as time and the laws of physics.
-Source
This confirms that inside the game area there exists the concept of time, the concept of the laws of physics, and presumably other events as well. As Kuroto Dan can create the game area, he would have likely programmed those concepts in the process.

We can conclude from this that a game is linked to the concept of life itself. Kuroto can control the lives and all the data assets created in that world, which include concepts of time, laws of physics, death, etc. This would qualify for Conceptual Manipulation (Type 2).

Information Manipulation​

As I previously stated, everything within the game world, from beings' lives and thought patterns to "death" itself, is a data archive created by Kuroto Dan, which he can control at will.

This would likely qualify for both types of Information Manipulation, in which consciousness and reality are made of data.

Additional Abilities​

Universal Abilities​

People who are infected by the Gamedeus Virus that can turn other into the Bugster through physical contact. The Riders are mostly unaffected by it, so they will get resistance to the following abilities:

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid​

Ex-Aid and Cronus were the first patients of Game Disease, they have complete immunity to every strain of virus, including diseases that are different from normal ones:
  • Resistance to Game Disease and Resistance Negation: They are immune to every strain of virus ever due to being the first patients of Game Disease.
Level 99 Ex-Aid has the ability to reprogram a Bugster's genes and data, which allows him to take away their ability or modify it. He can also use it to undo mind control effects.
Hyper Muteki Ex-Aid was able to kill Parado and nullify his immortality.

Kamen Rider Genm​

Graphite and Genm were able to adapt to the Gamedeus Virus after being exposed to it for a long time:
  • Adaptation: Adapted to the Gamedeus Virus after being exposed to it for a long time.
Genm Level X can nullify Ex-Aid's transformation:

Kamen Rider Para-DX​

Para-DX claims that he will completely erase Poppy, even though he knew about the Bugster's immortality:
  • Regeneration Negation: Claim that he will erase Poppy completely, despite her immortality as a Bugster.
Para-DX can create puzzle pieces to block attack.
Para-DX can turn the foot soldiers into puzzle pieces and make them disappear.

Bugvisor Users​

The Bugvisor can absorb and seal data of a being inside it:
  • Sealing: The Bugvisor can absorb and seal data of a being inside it.

Kamen Rider Cronus​

Upon having his Gashat destroyed, his rising emotions allow him to develop the Reset ability to counter Hyper Muteki's invincibility:
  • Reactive Evolution: Developed the Reset ability out of his sheer rage to counter Hyper Muteki's invincibility.
Additionally, Cronus claims that Reset not only rewinds time but also fate.
As Gamedeus Cronus, he can resist the Reprograming ability.
According to Genm, not even Level 0 ability can nullify the Gamedeus Virus:
Cronus has the ability to travel to Game World, similar to the Bugster:
  • Immersion: He can travel to the Game World like the Bugster.

Last edited:
Great job. Everything seems fine.

Edit: For Aranbura Bugster, Time Stop should be replaced with Paralysis Inducement as they just can't move but can talk and think during it.

Last edited:
Also, something to note is that the Ganbarizing Gashat was shown to be capable of summoning past Riders, like in the same Legend Rider special at the end summongs Double, OOO and Fourze.

Just as I was skimming through the Kamen Rider Zukan page, I found another evidence for conceptual ability:

マイティオールマイティ​

仮面ライダーゲンムの胸部を保護する装甲ユニット。
内部に組み込まれたステージエディット装置により、時間や物理法則といった、ゲームエリア内のあらゆる事象の概念を自在に操ることができる。

Mighty Almighty
An armored unit that protects the chest of Masked Rider Genm.
The stage-editing device built into the unit allows it to freely manipulate all concepts of events in the game area, such as time and the laws of physics.
-Source
This confirms that inside the game area there exists the concept of time, the concept of the laws of physics, and presumably other events as well.

As Kuroto Dan can create the game area, he would have likely programmed those concepts in the process.

Should Cronus also have Immortality Negation (Types 1, 3, 4, 6, & 8) and Regeneration Negation (Mid-Godly) for permanently killing Bugsters through Pause? It's something that is kinda already on the profile but the types aren't specified.

I remember we already put in the specific type of immortality, but yea, Cronus's immortality negation would be upgraded as well.

Small edit for Kuroto’s prep tier. It would actually be “At least 1-C” for the highest end given Post-Gaim Gaiden Decade and Man go the Beginning’s ratings

Great work on this, I agree

I agree with everything. To add on the Reprogramming ability, It is not exclusive to bugsters. He reprogrammed Genm from immortal to mortal in the first arc. Also to add onto the stamina, Brave is a surgeon which take many hours to complete an operation. Hiiro is one of the best surgeons in the world and can perform the most dangerous surgeries which are usually some of the longer ones. I think he performed either a brain surgery or heart, I forget.

I agree with everything. To add on the Reprogramming ability, It is not exclusive to bugsters. He reprogrammed Genm from immortal to mortal in the first arc. Also to add onto the stamina, Brave is a surgeon which take many hours to complete an operation. Hiiro is one of the best surgeons in the world and can perform the most dangerous surgeries which are usually some of the longer ones. I think he performed either a brain surgery or heart, I forget.
Small edit for Kuroto’s prep tier. It would actually be “At least 1-C” for the highest end given Post-Gaim Gaiden Decade and Man go the Beginning’s ratings

Great work on this, I agree
I will take note of it.

Back