• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kai (Ninjago) vs Santa Claus (Puzzle and Dragons) [7-0-1] (GRACE ENDED)

Last edited:
What does Vengestone Chain affect when it comes to Power Null? Because if Santa launches a single AOE Mass Attack while hiding behind forece fields, that's a heavy AP oneshot...

Enhanced senses are getting a massive upgrade next CRT, but that's a later thing, not a now thing.

What does Vengestone Chain affect when it comes to Power Null? Because if Santa launches a single AOE Mass Attack while hiding behind forece fields, that's a heavy AP oneshot...
Renders one powers un-usuable. And Kai's skills + stealth can allow him to sneek on Santa

I mean it will prevent Santa from using his powers
Sorry, was confused by 'One Powers' abd what it meant in this case.

Does the chain need to make contact? What triggers it? Given again Santa's capable of thought based forcefields, and the fighting style makes use of them often.

Little iffy if the contact should overpower a different type of forcefield that operrates on durability, but regardless:

He NEEDS to open with it if we assume it would overpower Santa's forcefield. Because otherwise? An opening Mass Attack from Santa is an AOE that is an AP oneshot...Santa's range for that isn't ideal for Kai in general, but especially opening at 10m? There's a very high chance that the battlefield just explodes nearly as soon as the fight begins.

He NEEDS to open with it if we assume it would overpower Santa's forcefield. Because otherwise? An opening Mass Attack from Santa is an AOE that is an AP oneshot...Santa's range for that isn't ideal for Kai in general, but especially opening at 10m? There's a very high chance that the battlefield just explodes nearly as soon as the fight begins.
Kai got several meters of range using the chains, and being close enough to Vengestone is bad. Kai just outskills Santa and restrain him down before he can do damage. Also, fight takes place in a jungle, not an open area

Mass Attack is a very easy to do AOE explosive, fights start in range is my point. Outskill and great feats aren't super useful if the opening move is an AP stomp. That was moreso why I was very unsure.

However if being in range causing Power Null? Then there's nothing Santa could do...it's very onesided

I meant that Kai can use the Vengestone gun chain from a range pretty well
That I believe, my point is that Base Form Santa has very few options and will likely AOE early, if not his opening move, so Kai needs to use the chains or Vengestone very early.

But if just being near to it triggers Power Null, Santa's defeated passively before even the first attack

In that case? I think Kai's passive is a stomp, 0 diff fight since this key doesn't resist passive power null.

In that case? I think Kai's passive is a stomp, 0 diff fight since this key doesn't resist passive power null.
Kai can't stomp tho? Only when Santa is really close from the chains/touched by them will he be defeated. Santa litterally has the AP advantage (And Kai's Spinjitzu won't be used for obv reasons). Kai only wins bc he has better skills here

Last edited:
Kai can't stomp tho? Only when Santa is really close from the chains/touched by them will he be defeated. Santa litterally has the AP advantage (And Kai's Spinjitzu won't be used for obv reasons). Kai only wins bc he has better skills here
But your scan implies being NEAR the weapon has a power null aura?

If Santa isn't power nulled by being in range passively, then yeah, Santa's Mass Attack is going to be an easy early AOE that will neg basically everything Kai has...making the fight highly dependant on first moves.

But if the aura of being nearby causes the power null, then Santa can't attack, and the fight is 0 diff, which is what the video you sent implied?

If Santa isn't power nulled by being in range passively, then yeah, Santa's Mass Attack is going to be an easy early AOE that will neg basically everything Kai has...making the fight highly dependant on first moves.
No, he isn't getting power nulled at a range. The point is that he can nullify him once he's touched by the chains, and he can shoot the chains from a distance. Kai's first move with the chains is usually to use them to restrain his opp, so ye

Last edited:
No, he isn't getting power nulled at a range.
Okay, because above when you showed that clip and explained that being 'near' them is bad, it made it seem that the Power Null had a passive aura range, which would completely change the context of the fight.
The point is that he can nullify him once he's touched by the chains, and he can shoot the chains from a distance. Kai's first move with the chains is usually to use them to restrain his opp, so ye
Which would work on Santa if he gets it off, but the Mass Attack is the really big problem here.

This form of Santa has no Power Null resist, he doesn't have the enhanced senses upgrade (later CRT, I swear, I'm just so behind...), Kai is definitely more skilled, and because this franchise can't find a lifting strength feat to save its life has better LS.

But the problem for Kai here is that Santa's opening move, and one of his only possible moves, is very likely throwing out a projectile with a hand wave or thought-based that completely AP stomps Kai, and if its a Mass Attack, its going to explode in an AOE. They're super close range to one another, and Kai has no reason to realize that Santa's in a one-shot range against him. Blocking, side stepping, even a long dodge might not be enough and Kai's going to get totally destroyed by a Mass Attack opening move. Given SBA rules, Santa's got line of sight, wants to win, and doesn't have a lot of options in his base form, he's probably going to do it.

Sure, depending on the opening, the chain might still reach Santa too, but Santa's only getting power nulled by that, if Kai's caught in that opening blast, he's just dead...

Kai's wincon is strong, but to actually make use of it? He needs Santa to only use a normal projectile as his opening move, or Kai needs to completely anticipate that Santa's projectiles will insta-kill him and have the ability to explode in a much larger area and just totally bail from the start of the fight to get out of the blast radius, which at such close range might not be likely? And doesn't make a ton of sense to assume since it seems he doesn't have any sort of enhanced senses or Analytical Analysis to realize that the projectile's basically a bomb.

I think the most logical answer is inconclusive. Santa's opening move will completely determine the flow of the fight. Kai can easily clean up if Santa's opening move isn't good, but if Santa chooses to use the very easy to preform Mass Attack? Kai's probably dead while Santa's just power nulled but still alive.

With that in mind, I feel there's no clear-cut winner, and it's really up to split-chance opening decisions that can go either way. I vote Incon with everything I have here.

Back