• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kabuto Yakushi vs Tomura Shigaraki

In character
Speed equalized
Sage mode Kabuto
All for One Shigaraki

Kabuto:
Shigaraki:

main-qimg-ee4a3c24a35a91feb8964b7af51dad42
85461bfccf8e7d666069384326cae625.jpg

How does decay work? I know it deconstructs people on contact but how can shigaraki utilize it long range? Kabuto starts with attacking with snakes and if that doesn't work he uses White rage which Tomura doesn't have any answers to, he has to kill kabuto before that.

How does decay work? I know it deconstructs people on contact but how can shigaraki utilize it long range? Kabuto starts with attacking with snakes and if that doesn't work he uses White rage which Tomura doesn't have any answers to, he has to kill kabuto before that.
Shiggy can simply touch the ground and it can reach up to a kilometer or so

Unless Kabuto has true flight, as soon as he touches the ground again he’ll get decayed as well
Can you send a scan of the decay staying there for a while? From the past threads I've read with shigaraki they were simply allowed to jump

Do you mean that thing that curls up and makes the air vibrate? Didn’t Itachi just resist it to protect Sasuke?

Also for your second question: Decay doesn’t really linger for long but it depends on the battle field. If they’re in a city for instance a stray piece of debris could flick off from a nearby building or whatever and kill him on contact.

Do you mean that thing that curls up and makes the air vibrate? Didn’t Itachi just resist it to protect Sasuke?

Also for your second question: Decay doesn’t really linger for long but it depends on the battle field. If they’re in a city for instance a stray piece of debris could flick off from a nearby building or whatever and kill him on contact.
No, He didn't resist it, he got halted by it too. Kabuto notes he was able to sense kabuto's chakra, that's why he was able to sense where he was but he still got blinded. even then itachi has vastly superior sensoring capabilities than shigaraki. And sasuke got halted by it too, sasuke also has vastly superior sensory capabilities than shigaraki.

I don't really think that will happen, Kabuto has senses and even fi he did get hit by a small debris he can just cut off he decaying part and regeneration.

No, He didn't resist it, he got halted by it too. Kabuto notes he was able to sense kabuto's chakra, that's why he was able to sense where he was but he still got blinded. even then itachi has vastly superior sensoring capabilities than shigaraki. And sasuke got halted by it too, sasuke also has vastly superior sensory capabilities than shigaraki.

I don't really think that will happen, Kabuto has senses and even fi he did get hit by a small debris he can just cut off he decaying part and regeneration.
Well he was halted but he still managed to perform an action. I don’t see why Shigaraki wouldn’t be able to do so as well (assuming he doesn’t know his location he still has massive aoe moves). The technique doesn’t seem like surefire paralysis!on top of that it isn’t as through Kabuto would guaranteed kill him during that time as he wouldn’t know about Shigaraki’s regen.

He wouldn’t really know it was dangerous till he was already decaying though. Yes that is possible unless it gets his head or torso.

Well he was halted but he still managed to perform an action. I don’t see why Shigaraki wouldn’t be able to do so as well (assuming he doesn’t know his location he still has massive aoe moves). The technique doesn’t seem like surefire paralysis!on top of that it isn’t as through Kabuto would guaranteed kill him during that time as he wouldn’t know about Shigaraki’s regen.

He wouldn’t really know it was dangerous till he was already decaying though. Yes that is possible unless it gets his head or torso.
The only action he did was pop out his susanoo which doesn't require you to move, and he states that the jutsu kabuto used also stops his movements
unknown.png

If he sees tomura can decay things with a touch he'll avoid getting hit by him, and he can just spam the technique until he finds out about his regen and use genjutsu or other things he has. Also Idk if decaying the ground will be a good idea, Kabuto has a jutsu that lets him have complete control over the environment so he might just decay shigaraki by throwing a debris to him. Also doesn't the debris have to be currently decaying for it to be lethal? So its either two things, Either the debris is big so it wouldn't decay before it can hit kabuto but kabuto will see it coming or it would be too small so it decays before it reaches kabuto,

The only action he did was pop out his susanoo which doesn't require you to move, and he states that the jutsu kabuto used also stops his movements
unknown.png

If he sees tomura can decay things with a touch he'll avoid getting hit by him, and he can just spam the technique until he finds out about his regen and use genjutsu or other things he has. Also Idk if decaying the ground will be a good idea, Kabuto has a jutsu that lets him have complete control over the environment so he might just decay shigaraki by throwing a debris to him. Also doesn't the debris have to be currently decaying for it to be lethal? So its either two things, Either the debris is big so it wouldn't decay before it can hit kabuto but kabuto will see it coming or it would be too small so it decays before it reaches kabuto,
It didn’t stop them from covering their ears or opening or closing their eyes though. The technique seems more so to hurt so much you can’t move rather than just having a paralysing effect and Tomura has pain resistance and supernatural willpower.

Tomura could just stay out of his range in that case as he has flight and superior range. Tomura resists his Decay. So long as the effect is on the object or person it can spread it to other things.

It didn’t stop them from covering their ears or opening or closing their eyes though. The technique seems more so to hurt so much you can’t move rather than just having a paralysing effect and Tomura has pain resistance and supernatural willpower.

Tomura could just stay out of his range in that case as he has flight and superior range. Tomura resists his Decay. So long as the effect is on the object or person it can spread it to other things.
Sure its not paralysis like lets say shikamaru's technique but its a technical paralysis also I don't think pain tolerance inherently makes you resistant to it. The technique works like a flashbang which doesn't do any damage but still stuns the opponent. If anybody could resist it by having immense pain tolerance then sasuke wouldn't have been affected by it.

Kabuto can pursue him. Didn't know that my bad. If the thing is already fully decayed then how will it decay kabuto, its either the object is big to not decay instantly or the object is too small so it doesn't decay instantly plus isn't his decay pretty damn fast? I find it hard to believe a debris small enough for kabuto to not see it coming will not get fully decayed before it hits him.

Sure its not paralysis like lets say shikamaru's technique but its a technical paralysis also I don't think pain tolerance inherently makes you resistant to it. The technique works like a flashbang which doesn't do any damage but still stuns the opponent. If anybody could resist it by having immense pain tolerance then sasuke wouldn't have been affected by it.

Kabuto can pursue him. Didn't know that my bad. If the thing is already fully decayed then how will it decay kabuto, its either the object is big to not decay instantly or the object is too small so it doesn't decay instantly plus isn't his decay pretty damn fast? I find it hard to believe a debris small enough for kabuto to not see it coming will not get fully decayed before it hits him.
Uh no not pain tolerance I meant he can lessen his pain. That and willpower enough to come back from biological death should be enough for even a minor movement like releasing his Air Cannon or causing an explosion. Sasuke has even more sensitive senses (particularly sight) so it should be even more effective on him no?

I don’t know what to tell you man. It seems to induce a breaking then dusting effect in inanimate objects. There was a point where someone was trying to run from his Decay and a piece broke off from the decaying object fell on his head and transferred it to him. Kabuto can’t give chase if Tomura is causing Decay as he’s keeping his distance.

Uh no not pain tolerance I meant he can lessen his pain. That and willpower enough to come back from biological death should be enough for even a minor movement like releasing his Air Cannon or causing an explosion. Sasuke has even more sensitive senses (particularly sight) so it should be even more effective on him no?

I don’t know what to tell you man. It seems to induce a breaking then dusting effect in inanimate objects. There was a point where someone was trying to run from his Decay and a piece broke off from the decaying object fell on his head and transferred it to him. Kabuto can’t give chase if Tomura is causing Decay as he’s keeping his distance.
He doesn't have sensitive senses just an enhanced version of it. Also that wasn't my point, My point was that if pain tolerance as enough to counter it then sasuke wouldn't have been affected by it.

Can I see a scan of how this transferring works? This honestly sound PiS as a small debris would decay quickly before hitting it's target unless they are a meter apart and only big ones would logically be able to transfer their decay without decaying themselves first. kabuto can again jump. while he's running towards tomura and given how fast they are tomura's range of kilometers can be covered within a second

He doesn't have sensitive senses just an enhanced version of it. Also that wasn't my point, My point was that if pain tolerance as enough to counter it then sasuke wouldn't have been affected by it.

Can I see a scan of how this transferring works? This honestly sound PiS as a small debris would decay quickly before hitting it's target unless they are a meter apart and only big ones would logically be able to transfer their decay without decaying themselves first. kabuto can again jump. while he's running towards tomura and given how fast they are tomura's range of kilometers can be covered within a second
Like I said Tomura doesn’t just have pain tolerance. He has an ability that can lessen pain and furthermore supernatural willpower that restarted his heart after he died. Sasuke and Itachi don’t have anything like that and they could still make minor movements while the ability was active.

Like I said earlier this all depends on the location of the fight. In a place with buildings he’s far more likely to be hit by decaying debris vs say a flat wasteland. Tomura would be keeping his distance too though so it wouldn’t really change anything. Assuming he jumps he gets blasted back by Air Cannon as he can’t maneuvre

Like I said Tomura doesn’t just have pain tolerance. He has an ability that can lessen pain and furthermore supernatural willpower that restarted his heart after he died. Sasuke and Itachi don’t have anything like that and they could still make minor movements while the ability was active.

Like I said earlier this all depends on the location of the fight. In a place with buildings he’s far more likely to be hit by decaying debris vs say a flat wasteland. Tomura would be keeping his distance too though so it wouldn’t really change anything. Assuming he jumps he gets blasted back by Air Cannon as he can’t maneuvre

The white dragon doesn't induce its effects due to pain and lessening pain is essentially pain tolerance its just that you dont lessen pain with pain tolerance but lessen the effects pain has on you.

In that scan the rock hasn't been decayed yet, Also these rubbles aren't part of shigaraki's arsenal therefore they would be moving like how a normal rubble would, Kabuto's speed is High hypersonic due to speed equalization, No way is he getting hit by normal moving rubbles. Does shigaraki in character just spams decay from a range and never goes into CQC?

SBA has this take place in central park, so its more just a bunch of trees and whatever else is there.

To answer the question, from what we've seen of Shigaraki, he'd probably do one big wave of decay before moving in and attempting to touch Kabuto directly. Shigaraki in character doesn't really spam his range with his decay quirk.

I was under the impression he just doesn't go to CQC at all, if thats the case then kabuto would probably try his best to avoid getting touched if shigaraki starts with his decay wave as he'll see that he can deconstruct things on contact, and I don't think he'll try to kill him physically because 1, He doesn't wanna risk getting touched by shiggy and 2. If he did hit shigaraki like with one of his snakes he'll notice he just regens which would make him not want to engage CQC with shigaraki more. He'll probably use genjutsu in this scenario

I was under the impression he just doesn't go to CQC at all, if thats the case then kabuto would probably try his best to avoid getting touched if shigaraki starts with his decay wave as he'll see that he can deconstruct things on contact, and I don't think he'll try to kill him physically because 1, He doesn't wanna risk getting touched by shiggy and 2. If he did hit shigaraki like with one of his snakes he'll notice he just regens which would make him not want to engage CQC with shigaraki more. He'll probably use genjutsu in this scenario
Will normal Genjutsu work on someone without chakra? I was under the impression only Sharingan Genjutsu could affect chakra less beings

Will normal Genjutsu work on someone without chakra? I was under the impression only Sharingan Genjutsu could affect chakra less beings
A ton of matches where genjutsu is a main factor of someone's victory has been added so I think wiki has it that anybody could be affected by it, Even if thats not the case kabuto doesn't have sharingan genjutsu, he has the same genjutsu as tayuya

A ton of matches where genjutsu is a main factor of someone's victory has been added so I think wiki has it that anybody could be affected by it, Even if thats not the case kabuto doesn't have sharingan genjutsu, he has the same genjutsu as tayuya
Yeah so it shouldn’t be a win con here cause his opponent lacks chakra

Yeah so it shouldn’t be a win con here cause his opponent lacks chakra
I just explained why that is not a valid reasoning. A lot of matches have been added where a character was deemed the victor due to sharingan genjutsu, Second off Tayuya's genjutsu doesn't need the target to have chakra, its a sound based genjutsu.

I just explained why that is not a valid reasoning. A lot of matches have been added where a character was deemed the victor due to sharingan genjutsu, Second off Tayuya's genjutsu doesn't need the target to have chakra, its a sound based genjutsu.
Is there’s scan of Tayuya affecting someone without chakra like Sharingan users have?

Wouldn't the burden of proof be on the person trying to say that tayuya's genjutsu doesn't work on non-chakra users? There isn't anything stating or implying that tayuya's genjutsu doesn't work on non chakra users.
We already know normal Genjutsu depends on manipulating a targets chakra flow. The burden of proof is on you trying to prove her Genjutsu works more like a sharingan’s.

Back