• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen revision - Part 1: Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are hard limits with the distance moved, since we have a canonical timeframe for movements. For example if the character using Projection Sorcery want to move at Hypersonic speed (assuming that this is not above the hard limit, and ignoring the need to build up speed with multiple frames to get to top speed), then they'll have to move 71.5 meters; unless the arena is a wide expanse they are constantly zipping through this is not feasible since they can't deviate from trajectory too much between frames.

And it happens that moving a surprisingly short distance is enough to overwhelm and blitz a bunch of characters in the verse, and characters being scalable to speeds taken from the canonical timeframe is very significant for scaling. There is also the implication that Naoya was able to surpass subsonic speed thanks to his ability, with virtually everyone being slower and without said ability.

For example, here are some calcs using the timeframe we are canonically given:

1-

PitQ7kB.png

Yuji's height is 1.73 meters, so we can get the distance easily.

Distance: (1.73 x 293)/(89) = 5.695 m

Speed: (5.695)/(1/24) = 136.68 m/s [Subsonic]

2-

QsKJQof.png

The size of the floor tiles is highly inconsistent between panels, so not comfortable using it.

Getting distance using angsize:

From Maki's height: (1.7)*(454)/[(104)*2tan(70/2 deg)] = 5.299 m

From Maki's head: (0.2507)*(454)/[(17)*2tan(70/2 deg)] = 4.781 m

From Nanami's height: (1.84)*(454)/[(104)*2tan(70/2 deg)] = 5.736 m

I'll round it up to 5 m and 6 m.

Speed 1: (5)/(1/24) = 120 m/s [Subsonic]
Speed 2: (6)/(1/24) = 144 m/s [Subsonic]

3-

TUDTxG9_d.webp

Usually the rise of stair steps is around 24 cm, so I'll use that since it seems to be the most reliable thing to angsize with.

Naobito a appears to have come from the right, so he most likely repositioned himself, so the real result might be a bit different.

Distance: (0.24)*(446)/[(10)*2tan(70/2 deg)] = 7.643 m

Speed: (7.643)/(1/24) = 183.432 m/s [Subsonic+]

4-

csYkCU3_d.webp

Same to previous angsizes.

From Maki's height: (1.7)*(482)/[(114)*2tan(70/2 deg)] = 5.133 m

From Maki's head: (0.2507)*(482)/[(19)*2tan(70/2 deg)] = 4.541 m

Speed 1: (5.133)/(1/24) = 123.192 m/s [Subsonic]
Speed 2: (4.541)/(1/24) = 108.984 m/s [Subsonic]

5-

jhQVKlD.png

This is the most interesting one. I think the other calcs on this assume that Naoya constantly moved to the points closest to him in order to form the circular perimeter around Maki, which will produce Subsonic results throughout.
I tried to get a number of points that are furthest from each other as long as the trajectory doesn't collide with Maki.

Some results:

[(1.7 x 300)/(51)]/(1/24) = 240 m/s [Subsonic+]

[(1.7 x 397)/(51)]/(1/24) = 317.6 m/s [Transonic]

[(1.7 x 446)/(51)]/(1/24) = 356.8 m/s [Transonic]

[(1.7 x 552)/(51)]/(1/24) = 441.6 m/s [Supersonic]

[(1.7 x 626)/(51)]/(1/24) = 500.8 m/s [Supersonic]

Of course there is no guarantee that he was able to use the points with enough distance to allows him to go from Transonic to solid Supersonic.

I am not understanding what you’re getting at here with the constrained timeframe/movement. Can you reword your sentence?
Once her head moved away from the bullet's trajectory, she now has a much longer time to catch the bullet.

The same can be said for you, how do you know her first reaction wasn’t “Catch the bullet”? The difference is that mine is backed by the contextual evidence, the whole feat being her catching the bullet and stating it to be catching the bullet, and the visual evidence, the visuals prioritizing the bullet catching and for it being the main focus and not her head.

Her reflexively both catching and dodging literally falls under Dr._whiteee’s calc. That is essentially the feat is…
Her head evidently dodged the bullet before she caught it, and even if she accidently dodged the bullet while trying to catch it, this does not imply that she finished catching the bullet within the used timeframe; there is zero evidence for that.

We know that Maki's dodge too fast to make catching the bullet unnecessary.
But Dr. White's calc assumes that her hand also moved so fast that it makes dodging the bullet unnecessary. Which is completely unjustified.

Third line: False, we can prove that Maki did catch the bullet, as we have both visual and contextual evidence, visually showing us that Maki performed the feat within the timeframe and prioritizing it, as well as stating that Maki caught the bullet.
Poor attempt at shifting the goal post. No one is disputing Maki eventually caught the bullet.

You need to prove that Maki finished catching the bullet before that timeframe.

This is not how that works. It doesn’t matter how much she NEEDS to move but how much she DOES move. We don’t cut the movement down to whatever they need, we use their shown movement.

If a character is going to get hit by a normal rock, and they move 2m to the side. The feat would be them dodging the rock by moving 2m to the side, despite them only having to move 20cm. We don’t shorten their movement down to the need(20cm), we use the distance they are shown to move(2m). That's how calcing works, we use what's given.

That is the same with Maki’s feat, we don’t use the face width Maki NEEDS to move, we use the far greater distance that Maki DOES move. What you are doing ignoring what is happening in the feat, and using your own assumptions, heavily downplaying the feat.
If a character is just about to get hit by a normal bullet, and it is shown that the character punched an opponent standing 5 m away after dodging the bullet, we can't automatically use the timeframe taken from the original distance of the character and bullet to calculate the speed of reaching the 5 m away opponent.

You need to prove that the movement was completed within the timeframe, otherwise that is heavily wanking the feat on baseless assumptions.

Most people: scale to the maki calc who uses regular bullets (the mach 7 one)

People like: Jogo, naoya,naobito,toji,
full power (not bleeding to death) maki, satoru,geto,yuta can either scale to satoru's mach 11 calc or upscale to baseline mach 10

Not sure if this changes anything but i saw this in the fanbook :
Pg 28 - 29, Mais section

Q: What kind of pistol does she use?
A: Her usual pistol is probably the same one that Saeba* uses. I’d like her to use a sniper rifle sometime soon. (*TN: Ryo Saeba is the protagonist of the City Hunter series. He uses a Colt Python .357 Magnum)

This is a different gun from whats calced currently I think

Q: Wasn’t it cheating for her to shoot from so far away at Nobara, who was just using a squeaky hammer?

>A: It wasn’t a real bullet, so it wasn’t cheating. I mean, she’s a sorcerer, so even if she wins by cheating, it’s still a win.

Dont think its a real bullet either

Not sure if this changes anything but i saw this in the fanbook :
Pg 28 - 29, Mais section

This is a different gun from whats calced currently I think

>A: It wasn’t a real bullet, so it wasn’t cheating. I mean, she’s a sorcerer, so even if she wins by cheating, it’s still a win.

Dont think its a real bullet either

That really won't change the result much tbh.

We already knew she used rubber bullets against nobara. That has nothing to do with the maki scene.

Are you close to making some conclusive progress here, or should I unsubscribe from this thread, and be summoned later after you are finished?

Wait a little. Have all of the accepted revisions been applied yet, and is there anything left to discuss here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back