• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

Nice, there is a JJK discussion thread. Love to see Gojo & Mahito have profiles, they’re my favorite characters. First things first:

I believe that Cursed Spirits & Grade 1 Sorcerers should scale above Mechamaru’s Ultimate Cannon, as Panda took it Gorilla Mode, as to which Hanami is superior pretty much every student there, and required Todo & Yuji teaming up / Black Flash to really even take damage, and even then Gojo had to come in and stomp. So then upscaling that it’s easy to see why people like Mei Mei, Naobito, etc should be 8-A. Grade 2’s are case by case, people like Inumaki, Megumi, Panda, Mechamaru, they scale.

This isn’t an outlier either, as the fights Mahito had up to this point where against Nanami, who was Grade 1, and Yuji, his natural enemy, and still held both of them off up to a point.

Black Flash users should have higher, with Black Flash. Haven’t looked to deep in the AP calcs to see if it boosts them. Similarly they should get spatial manipulation & damage boost.

Mahito should have social influencing via manipulating Junpei, and Genius intelligence via his own wiki page: Mahito possesses very high intellectual prowess, especially for a Cursed Spirit. He was accurately able to deduce that Jujutsu Sorcerers were investigating him and was able to set a trap for his pursuers. Mahito can also surmise his opponent's skill level and even their Cursed Technique after just a few exchanges. He was able to accurately do so against Nanami and he was able to realize that Yuji had the ability to see souls thanks to his relationship with Sukuna. Along with Suguru Geto, Mahito often acts as the brains of his faction's operation.

Lastly, he should have either Accelerated Development or Reactive Evolution, being able to learn Domain Expansion seconds before his death and perfectly master it, along with using Black Flash involuntarily, but stating he was incredibly close to using it again of his own will until Todo switched places.

Lastly, people like Hanami, Yuji, & Mahito should have higher durability than their AP, being able to take a Black Flash, especially Hanami, who took like 3.
I'd be careful with the idea that a character has Genius level intelligence just because they did a few very smart feats. I'd be okay with giving him Gifted/Very High level of intelligence, especially thanks to that whole "learns fast" thing, but Genius generally implies a level of expertise that at first glance can seem inhuman and is very complex. If we considered Mahito a genius, we'd be awarding Extremely High or even Genius level of intelligence to the youtuber Dream himself (capable of formulating multiple plans ahead of time and quickly preparing himself to deal with unusual and extremely difficult situations, thinking extremely fast and relatively complicated thoughts in a matter of one to two seconds, etc), which I don't think is warranted just because the guy is smart, experienced, thinks fast and learns fast.

Again, with the feats shown here (the analytical prowess to understand the nature of an ability within a minute or two of exposure to a few different uses of it, quickly identify someone's skill and power level, and craft some mildly intrincate plans to better deal with stuff on the fly, quickly learning new abilities he knows the gist of and tries to apply), I'd give Mahito a high or very high/gifted score.

Also, nothing to do with this, but does anyone know how easy or hard it is for top level players from fighting games to get frame perfect inputs just right? I know there was this guy who managed to parry an entire combo with frame perfect defense inputs, but it was seen as legendary.

The reason I'm asking is because I was imagining, like... what if someone made a fighting game with the Jujutsu Kaisen characters and decided to add the Black Flash mechanic? The way I imagine it happening would be such that the player attacking should press the same button used to attack, on the exact frame of contact with the enemy hitbox, and if that happened then Black Flash would occur and there would be a drastic increase in damage and perhaps also hitstun/knockback. (although KB only if this was a Smash Bros-like game) Maybe also a temporary buff/additional effect that's especially good with combos, due to the way it's said that whoever uses the Black Flash learns "the taste of Jiryoku" and is now a better Jujutsu user overall.

However, if it were relatively easy for top level players to voluntarily and quite consistently land frame perfect inputs on a 60fps game, then such a game would need to have 120fps or some other mechanic in order to not allow top level players to spam Black Flashes unless they were inhumanly good at the game.

Why are you comparing humans to real life to humans in JJK when it’s been made clear there is a very big gap in physical ability? This fighting game analogy falls flat from chapter one.

This applies to all your arguments actually, because Dream playing a game & Mahito fighting is a wanted curse up against an entire organization meant to kill people like him.

Off topic from the current discussion, bit I noticed Mahito has abstract existence. Would this basically just he like immortality type 8? Also does it grant him anything else? I read the AE page but I might be missing something

Also, nothing to do with this, but does anyone know how easy or hard it is for top level players from fighting games to get frame perfect inputs just right? I know there was this guy who managed to parry an entire combo with frame perfect defense inputs, but it was seen as legendary.

The reason I'm asking is because I was imagining, like... what if someone made a fighting game with the Jujutsu Kaisen characters and decided to add the Black Flash mechanic? The way I imagine it happening would be such that the player attacking should press the same button used to attack, on the exact frame of contact with the enemy hitbox, and if that happened then Black Flash would occur and there would be a drastic increase in damage and perhaps also hitstun/knockback. (although KB only if this was a Smash Bros-like game) Maybe also a temporary buff/additional effect that's especially good with combos, due to the way it's said that whoever uses the Black Flash learns "the taste of Jiryoku" and is now a better Jujutsu user overall.

However, if it were relatively easy for top level players to voluntarily and quite consistently land frame perfect inputs on a 60fps game, then such a game would need to have 120fps or some other mechanic in order to not allow top level players to spam Black Flashes unless they were inhumanly good at the game.
I think i know what you're talking about and that was AMAZING. Can't tell whether it was sheer skill, experience or luck but to consistenly react to every single blow within such a small time frame... still amazes me.

I'd be careful with the idea that a character has Genius level intelligence just because they did a few very smart feats. I'd be okay with giving him Gifted/Very High level of intelligence, especially thanks to that whole "learns fast" thing, but Genius generally implies a level of expertise that at first glance can seem inhuman and is very complex. If we considered Mahito a genius, we'd be awarding Extremely High or even Genius level of intelligence to the youtuber Dream himself (capable of formulating multiple plans ahead of time and quickly preparing himself to deal with unusual and extremely difficult situations, thinking extremely fast and relatively complicated thoughts in a matter of one to two seconds, etc), which I don't think is warranted just because the guy is smart, experienced, thinks fast and learns fast.

Again, with the feats shown here (the analytical prowess to understand the nature of an ability within a minute or two of exposure to a few different uses of it, quickly identify someone's skill and power level, and craft some mildly intrincate plans to better deal with stuff on the fly, quickly learning new abilities he knows the gist of and tries to apply), I'd give Mahito a high or very high/gifted score.
Agree with you

I dont see how its aimdodge since by the time he had chosen to dodge it, it was already close enough to the point that you'd need to be physically supersonic to do it

We should be getting spoilers soon.

Excited for the end of this fight and I expect the students to have a short to possibly long break and some intense training when this arc is over. Because god knows they need it lol

Damn, I really didn't get notified for anything in this thread. But I'm following it? Wired,

What did I miss?

Man! the anime really is crazy, at least with how physical combat appears. The hits feel way more powerful especially when Sukuna is fighting in CQC.

Ay, is it okay if we don't talk about spoilers until the official chapter release? I'm the lame type that likes to wait. If y'all ain't okay with that though at least give a warning for spoilers please

The Feat is only 8-C. The result was only almost 8-C +.

And I'm already calculating a certain talent from Jougo and some Transonic/Hypersonic feats from Kento. But I had forgotten about this feat, I will do the Meteor calculation without any problems

guys, in the anime they showed intangibility in the cursed spirits. Was that in the manga? I cannot remember.

Is anime part canon? Maybe the author acted in the production as a screenwriter

guys, in the anime they showed intangibility in the cursed spirits. Was that in the manga? I cannot remember.

Is anime part canon? Maybe the author acted in the production as a screenwriter
Cursed spirits are spirits at the end of the day. I think its like Shinigami & Hollows in Bleach. They had some degree of intangibility by virtue of being spirits.

If this about the curse that Nobara fought, it both in the anime and manga showed intangibility. It past through walls the same way in the anime

So intangibility was not shown in the manga, after all
In the manga, they created black portals, this is not intangibility.

If we are of course about one point)
Intangibility is in the manga too. It's not really portals, teleportation is a completely different ability to intangibility and far more complex. It definitely isn't something the fodder curses in the first episode/chapter are capable off. The school sportsfield curse, for example, is just sinking into the ground hence the intangibility. It isn't teleporting when it enters the ground or anything.

Back