• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Joke Battles 1st Anniversary

Ryukama

Joke Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Today marks an entire year since this site's founding. I think it's safe to say that a lot has changed for many of us this past year. I myself have seen much change over the past year.

One year ago I was a shy and timid new user to Wikia, who got banned shortly after I made an account on the first site I visited, VS Battles Wiki.
And now a year later I am an administrator of VS with one of the top ten highest edit counts of the site.

I am also the proud founder and bureaucrat of this site, Joke Battles Wiki. A wiki that now receives thousands of views each day and has over 1,300 pages and counting.

But I'd certainly be lying if I said this was my achievement alone. The site being the way that it is today has been a collective effort from hundreds of users and dozens of thousands of edits over this past year. And I'd like to thank all the wonderful people here who have helped make this wiki grow.

To celebrate Joke Battles' 1 Year Anniversary, I thought of telling everyone how this site was founded in the first place. Some of you may already know this story, but to those who do not.
Back when I was a new user over at VS Battles, I tried making a profile for the two guys from the Old Spice commercials, Isaiah Mustafa and Terry Crews. I was given a ban for making what was perceived to be a "joke profile." While that wasn't my intention, in hindsight I could kinda see why one would've gotten that idea. After PMing one of the admins, they were kind enough to give me another chance and lifted the ban.

After that I heard a bunch of users discussing how there should be a wiki for these "joke profiles" to go. And so I made this site to be an outlet for all the users who clearly wanted a place to post joke profiles. And from is where all of this started lol

Once again I'd like to thank the staff and regular members here at Joke Battles and the extremely kind and supportive users at VS Battles for making this past year be one of great change for me. It's truly been great to be here with everyone and thanks to your help Joke Battles now proudly turns 1 year old :)

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!

I remember when I had no idea how to make a page, now I have like 2146254654321743.54435716435 quintiquadriltrilimillions of them! :p

Ooooorahhhh!!!! This is the longest time i have been on Wikia ever since....well technically this is still my first longest time ive been on wikia

regardless

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH

CELEBRATION TIME!!!

Theworldsaddestraisinbox said:
MaxwelFISH said:
@Theworldsaddestraisinbox
hahahahaahahaahahhahahahaha

kill me.
)
Happy birthday to JBW! NOW LET'S MAKE A COLOSSAL QUOTE TO COMMEMERATe IT!

No, but seriously, it's great that this little wikia has survived for a year.

YEAH Happy birthday to JBW and Ryu keep it up will help you when i can :)

Back