• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JoJo's Broken Links

My suggestion is that someone creates a blog containing the relevant panels for the profiles. That way we can make sure they're accesible and secure and don't go mising because of an external site's domain change.

Yup. This has been a problem with most of the pages ever since the main place where people read jojo for a long time died. There have been many projects started to fix them, and many have been fixed, but they have stopped for one reason or another. One of the larger ones stopped because the main members working in it all got banned during a certain purge, iirc

Dead links? I will try helping the most as i can. And i think i can also say the same as the guy above.

AguilaR101 said:
My suggestion is that someone creates a blog containing the relevant panels for the profiles. That way we can make sure they're accesible and secure and don't go mising because of an external site's domain change.
I usually save the images to imgur or something along those lines so they are not lost

AguilaR101 said:
This can also help. After we manage to fix the dead links, we can put the info on a blog so if the link somehow vanishes away, all we need to do is just looking up on it to avoid things like these happen again.

This has been known and there have been many projects started to fix them, and some parts have had their links fixed.

For anyone that wants to try again, note that the broken URLs can tell you which page it used to link to (but it doesn't tell you the chapter, so it can still take a while to find it)

I'm trying to look up for the chapter for the statement of Giorno and erase time thing. It seems it will take a while, as i read this a long time ago and i'm not longer that familiar with it. I would suggest doing a blog, as i said above to put all the info on the pages so it stays on mainsite.

It doesn't even need to be a blog to be on the site. And imgur isn't shutting down any time soon.

Doesn't imgur have poor image resolution?

Antvasima said:
Doesn't imgur have poor image resolution?
It reduces image quality, but the primary reason why we link this stuff is for easy citation. As long as it doesn't doesn't reduce image quality to unreadable levels, it's fine.

I already pointed out this before, so i thank Ryukama for making this thread.

I've managed to fix a few on Giornos page, but Imgur is being really dicey at the moment so I probably won't get them all. There was also a link that didnt lead to a relevent image so I fixed that as well. Hopefully someone who can get Imgur to work can get the rest of them.

I think I contributed a bunch of scans for Giorno a while back. They're from a different english translation so I'm not sure if they 100% convey what the profile says they do.

@AN Would you at least be able to get these scans up and post them so we could see?

Like I said my Manga scans come from a different translation so I don't think they're going to 100% support what the profile says, but here is the closest thing I could find to regular GE being stated to be stronger than King Crimson. If anybody can find something else that supports it, you may do so.

Va color v17 039
Diavolo stating that GER got a boost in strength

Va color v17 062
GER's descriptio

GER's description in the scanlation that I read doesn't support the Parallel Worlds statement. So my hands are about tied here.

Also, the fact that there is some ambiguity regarding some statements about GER means we might need some translators to look into the original japanese manga scans.

Uh, just wanted to say this:

I read Araki's quote that justifies "universal" range on DIO's and Diavolo's abilties, and he just says they go out into space.

Unless I read that wrong.

Dargoo Faust said:
Uh, just wanted to say this:
I read Araki's quote that justifies "universal" range on DIO's and Diavolo's abilties, and he just says they go out into space.

Unless I read that wrong.
I think the implication is that it freezes outer space as well

Is there any other JoJo profile with broken links? I'll be checking up to at least serve some help

Broken links Part.1:

• Jonatha : as 1 broken link in his AP. (Also Hermit Purple should be in Part 3 DIO profile, since Jonathan never used it while alive.)
  • Dio : as 1 broken link in his Speed or better said the page it links to have 1 broken link, so I think it would be better to link it directly to Imgur, also I can't open one of the links in the notes section (the one linking to narutoforums) but it could be a problem from my end.
  • Bruford : as 1 broken link in his AP.
Broken links in the Weapons section:

Also the main page links to a Dio Brando (Composite) profile that seems to have been deleted in the "Others" section.

I have no checked the rest of the parts, I will check them later.

Someone who likes to read said:
Broken links Part.1:
  • Jonatha : as 1 broken link in his AP. (Also Hermit Purple should be in Part 3 DIO profile, since Jonathan never used it while alive.)
  • Dio : as 1 broken link in his Speed or better said the page it links to have 1 broken link, so I think it would be better to link it directly to Imgur, also I can't open one of the links in the notes section (the one linking to narutoforums) but it could be a problem from my end.
  • Bruford : as 1 broken link in his AP.
Broken links in the Weapons section:

Also the main page links to a Dio Brando (Composite) profile that seems to have been deleted in the "Others" section.

I have no checked the rest of the parts, I will check them later.
Will handle Jonathan and Stone of Aja, as i know where some parts where is it supposed to be linked is.

About the Hermit Purple on Jonathan, i thought it was only used on JORGE JOESTAR novel when DIO explained some stuff about the body of jonathan, and it was called The Passion.

EDIT: I checked again part 3, and yeah, it seems DIO did use a hermit purple-like stand. It should be noted on his profile, as Jonathan himself didn't use it.

If I'm not wrong the broken link in the Stand Arrow page is from chapter 574 page 8, since its seems to reference the "Requiem Arrow". and Polnareff mentions that anybody that gets said arrow will be able to control its power.

Bruford seems to be from Chapter 28 page 7, were Bruford rips off the nose of a Zombie with his finger.

Dio broken link seems to be a error caused by the "Wayback Machine" and both links can be opened by directly copy-pasting the links, instead of clicking on them, but since Jonathan have a different link with the same feat in his profile it might be a good idea to change Dio link to the one in Jonathan profile.

Back