• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Johnny Bravo Profile (Mainly Abilities)

As some of you may already know, over the past few weeks I watched the entirety of Johnny Bravo-- all four seasons, all 183 episodes, both specials, and the movie-- compiling feats and abilities.

You can see the list of feats, calcs, and the mock-up profile on my sandbox.

Here I am going to ask a few questions, mostly regarding his abilities. If you look at the mock-up profile you'll see a few placeholders for his AP, durability, etc. Those are just until I can get everything hashed out regarding his calcs.

So, onto the questions:

In episode 62b, Johnny resets the episode several times to prevent being late for a date. Would this be considered Plot Manipulation or Time Manipulation, and why?

In episode 61b, he picks up several people (including Carl, a reoccurring character) and throws them out of the episode. Is that Plot Manipulation?

In episode 51c, Johnny resists having his "thoughts absorbed." So much so that the head of the one trying to do this to him explodes. Would this be resistance to Telepathy, Mind Manipulation, both, or some fourth option?

And that'd be all.

Edit: Not related to his abilities, but would Johnny Bravo be considered an Iconic Character?

Is it resetting the episode directly? If so, I'd say, both.

Yes

I'd think both

Awesome! My Boi Johnny getting a page. (From what I know. He has some feat where he gets flung from across a SS to earth and survived. And got through into a mountain which broke and landed on his head. So I'm having high hopes)

Johhny changed the plot since it was going to be regular episode until he used a tv remote to turn back time.

First feat is definitely both Plot Manipulation and Time Manipulation. Winding back the entire episode would fall under both categories, athough Plot Manipulation would be the dominant one there. The latter is being achieved by the former.

Second is definitely Plot Manipulation.

Third is resistance to both Mind Manipulation. Reading his thoughts actually does work; it's the attempt to affect his mind that fails.

Buttersamuri said:
He has some feat where he gets flung from across a SS to earth and survived. And got through into a mountain which broke and landed on his head.
The first one I was told can't be calced since A) there was a cut and B) he was in an escape pod. I calced the second one in my sandbox.

Oh yeah, and about the Iconic Character category, that category got removed a week ago or something. Even if it was still there, he isn't really a character that's known worldwide

Actually it seems like there's enough agreement as far as his abilities go. What's left is I just have to get all the calcs and values for him hashed out.

Could also use this thread to discuss his tier. He's pretty consistently 8-7 but which do I actually use? Can I scale him to people who've harmed him?

Dunno about anyone else but High 7-C Johnny feels consistent to me. And yeah, he can trade blows with those who can harm him

I mean, are the higher end feats outliers?

I'm cool with 7-A if that's not particularly contradicted

I suppose that could work

With 8-A Johnny, that means he can fight a lot of Pokemon characters. I call dibs on Johnny fighting a goddamn Pikachu

Actually High 8-C is far more consistent for the low end. I think it would be ok to use Bootman's KE for his AP

So base Johnny would be Varies. High 8-C to High 7-C and Bootman would be 7-A I think.

So here's a rough draft

Johnny Profile Mock-Up
Johnny Bravo Render
Do the Monkey with me!
~ Johnny Bravo​
Summary

Johnny Bravo is the eponymous and self-absorbed protagonist of the animated series of the same name. He is widely known for his styled, blonde hair and voice, both of which are reminiscent of the singer Elvis Presley. Frequently he is seen hitting on women he considers attractive, and he is rejected just about as often. Despite his burly build, Johnny's arrogant and aggressive nature puts him on the receiving end of a severe beatdown. Aside from chasing after girls, Johnny is most commonly seen watching TV, eating, bodybuilding, or posing in front of a mirror.

Powers and Stats
Tier: At least High 8-C to High 7-C | 7-A

Name:
Johnny Bravo

Origin: Johnny Bravo

Age: 19 at the beginning of the series, 28 by the end (His birthday is February 14, 1976)

Classification: Human

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Martial Arts, Toon Force, Breaking the Fourth Wall, Accelerated Development, Self-Sustenance (Type 1), Enhanced Senses, Vehicular Mastery (Can efficiently pilot a submarine), Regenerationn (At least Mid, has regenerated from being crushed flat several times. Likely Mid-High, has reformed from being reduced to dust a few times), Text Manipulation, Hair Manipulation (Can instantly regrow his hair if it's cut and can harden it to the point where it can cut through metal), Plot Manipulation (Threw several people, including Carl, out of an episode to avoid the ending he didn't want. Reset an episode several times after being late for a date), Time Manipulation (Rewound to the beginning of the day to make it to the date on time), Limited Probability Manipulation (Requires Johnny to "jinx" the target), Resistance to Possession (Resisted being possessed by Derek), Radiation Manipulation (Unfazed by a massive radiation explosion and was clearly covered in radiation afterwards yet suffered no ill effects), Extreme Heat (Was locked in a 450 ┬░F room for several hours and was unfazed when he was finally let out. Dug through Earth's core unharmed), Telepathy/Mind Manipulation (Resisted having his "thoughts absorbed" by an alien) | As before with enhanced Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Flight

Attack Potency: At least Large Building level+ (Broke through part of the Great Wall of China) to Large Town level (Can often harm people who can harm him) | Mountain level (Should be able to generate this much force when flying)

Speed: At least Massively Hypersonic+ (Walked from China to Africa within 19 seconds) | Relativistic (Circled the Earth in a very short timeframe)

Lifting Strength: Class K (Pulled a submarine out of the ocean) | Class G (Lifted a mountai)

Striking Strength: At least Large Building Class+ to Large Town Class | Mountain Class

Durability:
At least Large Building level+ (Survived a long fall from space. Was kicked into a boulder with enough force to pulverize it. Survived the explosion of a large building) to Large Town level (Tanked an explosion which launched him into space) | Mountain level (Should be comparable to his striking strength)

Stamina: Varies, highly dependent on his motivation.

Range: Standard melee range, universal with Time Manipulation

Standard Equipment: Remote, hair comb

Intelligence: Varies (Generally displays below average intelligence, though he is highly knowledgeable on specific subjects such as beef jerky, hair care products, and bodybuilding. He also has random strokes of high intelligence every now and again, such as when he converted a chuck wagon into a tractor or when he displayed extensive knowledge on Ancient Roman culture. He has also proven to be gifted in martial arts, piloting a submarine, badminton, and more when sufficiently motivated.)

Weaknesses: Most notably overconfidence and low intelligence. Often displays laziness and cowardice, and can be easily distracted by attractive women.

Notable Attacks/Techniques:

Key: Base | Bootma

Others
Notable Victories:

Notable Losses:

Inconclusive Matches:

Repeating what I said from the blog.

I'd go with 8-A, if he came out of the high 8-C feats unscratched.

But If he was injured by those, I would say high 8-C is the best option.

He was noticeably harmed by one of the Large Building feats but not really by the others, and the one he was notably harmed by is lower on the Large Building scale than the rest.

Not to mention he was virtually unharmed by the High 7-C feat too

Alright, the calcs have all been accepted as they are. The question is, do I include an 8-A end or not?

So it'd either be

"Varies. At least High 8-C to High 7-C"

or

"Varies. At least High 8-C to 8-A to High 7-C"

Back