• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jin Mori Omnipotent/Kick that turned off the universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Manwa refers to him as an All-powerful God before he has his powers sealed. is this hyperbole too?

Also, the "hyperbole" Kick that turned off the universe is considered just blowing out the sun. The reason I have an issue with this is if you blew out the sun you would still see the other star's light coming from across the galaxy. but yet when Mori "blows" out the sun you see it's completely dark with no light coming from the other stars.

Would this not mean he blew out all the stars visible to earth? Or that he actually turned off the universe as a whole considering if he actually blew out all the stars visible to earth we would still see the light for years considering the time it takes for light to travel.

1. Yes, all powerful just means scalling above other characters, omnipotence is not used here and is a common hyperbole.

2. What does "turning off the universe" means here? Everything became darkness? If so it could mean he destroyed everything unless people survived, if not it could've just been him destroying the sun oorother stars.

2. What does "turning off the universe" means here? Everything became darkness? If so it could mean he destroyed everything unless people survived, if not it could've just been him destroying the sun oorother stars.
this is the chapter when it happened for context https://www.webtoons.com/en/action/the-god-of-high-school/ep-291/viewer?title_no=66&episode_no=293
people survived so it can't be him destroying everything.

the problem I have with it only being the sun tho is that we should still be able to see the other stars so it can't be just the sun.

This was brought up in a CRT a while back. The general consensus is that there simply isn't enough evidence to assume that Mori's kick did indeed reach the far ends of the universe.

This was brought up in a CRT a while back. The general consensus is that there simply isn't enough evidence to assume that Mori's kick did indeed reach the far ends of the universe.
I understand the end of the universe not having enough evidence.

What do you personally think about the feat? Considering the author made it a point to illustrate the stars in the background fade away when the sun got extinguished. Do you think there’s enough evidence to argue that Mori extinguished the stars visible to earth as well?

Ok so a preliminary calc by DMUA yields a rating of 4-C. Mind you, luminosity of stars are only High 6-A. Extinguishing one isn't really a big feat.

Perhaps if we found some way to calc KE since we know the distance and the time, we can find another solution.

I will return with a KE calc.

I will return with a KE calc.
Thanks for your help👍🏽

Dont know how trustworthy it is but google said there’s about 5000 stars visible to earth.
Wonder what would the KE energy be of extinguishing all of them in a pico second or how ever long it took Jin to do.(Thank god we have a time frame)

Ok so, with the given timeframe, it's impossible to calc since it would be FTL KE. Given 96% the speed of light and the number of visible stars in the night sky gives Low 5-B results.

This wouldn't give us any usable AP. However, all is not lost. I calculated that in order to extinguish the furthest visible star from Earth, Mori would have had to have kicked at 5 sextillion times the speed of light. It is a nice speed upgrade.

Last edited:
This wouldn't give us any usable AP. However, all is not lost. I calculated that in order to extinguish the furthest visible star from Earth, Mori would have had to have kicked at 5 sextillion times the speed of light. It is a nice speed upgrade.
Well Atleast we got a nice ass speed calc.

5 sextillion gotta be up there with the fastest in MFTL+

Ok so the calc was accepted. However, I think we should reevaluate the verse for more speed feats. The sextillion feat only scales to the God tiers, so we need to find what the lower ends scale to.

Ok so the calc was accepted. However, I think we should reevaluate the verse for more speed feats. The sextillion feat only scales to the God tiers, so we need to find what the lower ends scale to.
This is very true. Do you know what feats are used rn for their scaling? I can try to help out with finding stuff to calc.

Mori's staff expanding scales to Incomplete Monkey King Mori, who scales to Bishops through Sujin.

Mori's Speed Mode scales to Okhwang's reaction speed.

The sextillion times FTL scales to all Supreme God level characters.

Thanks.

I’ll come back to this thread if I can find something that might upgrade the ratings

Ilpyo post-timeskip was boosted by having the Taboo removed and probably trained to be faster and stronger.

Pre-timeskip Ilpyo would scale to Ragnarok Mori.

Mori Hui has a feat of extending clone Yeoui to a nephilim in either the upper atmosphere or space faster than it can react during the consolation match. If we use peak human reactions for the timeframe that could probably get a good result.

Last edited:
Have we found more speed feats?

Last edited:
Not any that would boost anybody’s ratings. I’ll keep looking tho thanks for the reminder.

There's nothing more to do here actually. I will close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back