• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jean Gunnhildr Vs Flect Turn (Destructive Battle)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Flect turn can take many 7-A+ attacks without getting L’d
so Jean will have to do a number of attacks which can equate to the flurry of punches that Deku did.
While I like Jean, I don’t think she can even get to a combined gigaton before flectturn either restrains her (class M LS vs Peak Human) or she passes out from her own attacks hitting ner over an over

so Jean will have to do a number of attacks which can equate to the flurry of punches that Deku did.
While I like Jean, I don’t think she can even get to a combined gigaton before flectturn either restrains her (class M LS vs Peak Human) or she passes out from her own attacks hitting ner over an over
I see

Anyway Jean can heal herself after she got hit by her attack

Anyway Jean can heal herself after she got hit by her attack
That helps but still, against Flect’s reflect which took dozens of attacks from a 7-A+ character it’s going to take hundreds of them fro, Jean to Even make a Dent

While Flect can take hits from her, he has no way of actually hurting her.

His Reflect hasn't been shown to reflect power up to 7-B, he can reflect baseline 7-C power but saying he can reflect 7-B power isn't acceptable. Since we know there is a limit to what he can reflect and Izuku's 100% 7-A attacks couldn't be reflected period. While Izuku's 20% 7-C attacks were overpowering him, but still reflected.

While there is nothing to say he can't reflect 7-B attacks, we just don't know if he can. We don't know the limits of Flect's Quirk in comparison to Jean, who can just keep hitting him until his Reflect gets overwhelmed (Though we don't know how long that'd take). But he lacks the means to defeat her.

This 20% punch sends Flect flying and even destroys his equipment. An attack over hundreds of times stronger than 20% should do far more than that. She should overwhelm Flect's Quirk faster than Izuku could, without 100% I mean. Izuku probably could've beaten Flect at 20%, but due to the time limit he needed to hurry up.

Her attacks won't go through as easily as a single 100% punch did, I'm aware. But she will be affecting him and affecting him more than what 20% did.

His Lifting Strength is something I didn't considered, he could pin her which would incapacitate her and leave her unable to move. However...

Victory Conditions: Death of the opponent, removing the opponent from the battlefield for at least one week (BFR), knocking the opponent out for at least one hour, or incapacitating the opponent by putting him in a state in which he can not harm the other fighter(s) for over a day, are to be assumed as victory conditions.

Flect isn't holding someone down for over 24 hours. Don't even know if he can last that long, and Jean apparently has elemental intangibility.

Can she not use that to just escape Flect's hold, which is the only thing he can do to her? To be honest I'm leaning towards inconclusive. Since we don't really know how long it'd take for Flect's Quirk to run out and no longer work, as he did survive several dozens if not hundreds of attacks that are FAR stronger than 7-B.

So I don't think either can defeat the other as of yet.

Last edited:
While Flect can take hits from her, he has no way of actually hurting her.

His Reflect hasn't been shown to reflect power up to 7-B, he can reflect baseline 7-C power but saying he can reflect 7-B power isn't acceptable. Since we know there is a limit to what he can reflect and Izuku's 100% 7-A attacks couldn't be reflected period. While Izuku's 20% 7-C attacks were overpowering him, but still reflected.

While there is nothing to say he can't reflect 7-B attacks, we just don't know if he can. We don't know the limits of Flect's Quirk in comparison to Jean, who can just keep hitting him until his Reflect gets overwhelmed (Though we don't know how long that'd take). But he lacks the means to defeat her.

This 20% punch sends Flect flying and even destroys his equipment. An attack over hundreds of times stronger than 20% should do far more than that. She should overwhelm Flect's Quirk faster than Izuku could, without 100% I mean. Izuku probably could've beaten Flect at 20%, but due to the time limit he needed to hurry up.

Her attacks won't go through as easily as a single 100% punch did, I'm aware. But she will be affecting him and affecting him more than what 20% did.

His Lifting Strength is something I didn't considered, he could pin her which would incapacitate her and leave her unable to move. However...

Victory Conditions: Death of the opponent, removing the opponent from the battlefield for at least one week (BFR), knocking the opponent out for at least one hour, or incapacitating the opponent by putting him in a state in which he can not harm the other fighter(s) for over a day, are to be assumed as victory conditions.

Flect isn't holding someone down for over 24 hours. Don't even know if he can last that long, and Jean apparently has elemental intangibility.

Can she not use that to just escape Flect's hold, which is the only thing he can do to her? To be honest I'm leaning towards inconclusive. Since we don't really know how long it'd take for Flect's Quirk to run out and no longer work, as he did survive several dozens if not hundreds of attacks that are FAR stronger than 7-B.

So I don't think either can defeat the other as of yet.
So inconclusive?

Yeah.

The victory conditions are unknown variables. Might happen or might not happen.

So how does he reflect the damage? Cause as far as i see it, it's either through defecting on the same contact surface, absord then launch or touch, laser thing. So laser thing might be a problem but Jean should be able to notice and dodge or put up shield, touch base and launch could be nulled cause dodge or shield. Deflect on same surface should be no problem cause unlike Deku who attack cause massive push back and such, Jean attack is straight up just a basic sword swing so it wouldn't pose much of a problem.

So the only other thing left is does he also absorb and deflect elemental attack? Cause as far as i see he still is affected by the wind and Jean gale blade or Dandelion field is simply wind hitting you. If he can't then F but if he can then i say Jean, after a veryyyyyyyy long fight. She can heal so any stray attack that hit her (assuming he can defect 7B) could be healed up, her shield null his touch and launch reflect, her sword isn't breaking anytime soon but even then there's still the wind attack. A final point is that it seem that he can't touch Jean cause his quirk would push her away and the only reason why he got that LS is cause his work can push Deku down not that he himself can, so unless he can somehow force her down, he ain't winning via restraint.

So yeah, Jean take this after a very long fight or stomp if Flect can't deflect wind.

Edit: sorry if it's hard to understand what i write.

Last edited:
So yeah, Jean take this after a very long fight or stomp if Flect can't deflect wind.
He reflects "everything".

Like wind attacks, light (Wears special equipment that lets him see), physical force, basically anything that touches him is reflected back automatically.

Last edited:
Alright then, Jean take it after a extremely long battle.

Tho not related to the match, does his reflect always stay active or can he deactivate it? Cause if it's the previous then i don't know how he's still alive and if it's the later then i have no idea why he would hate his quirk.

Alright then, Jean take it after a extremely long battle.

Tho not related to the match, does his reflect always stay active or can he deactivate it? Cause if it's the previous then i don't know how he's still alive and if it's the later then i have no idea why he would hate his quirk.
He can't deactivate it period. He can't even interact with the world without a bunch of special equipment, he needs high tech stuff just to do everyday things.

Though his Quirk can be overwhelmed and forcibly turned off if it takes too many hits that are too strong. Because of that... Jean has no way past his Reflect and even then he took dozens if not hundreds of attacks that are over several dozens times stronger than her own Attack Potency to finally knock him out.

Jean putting him down with physical attacks is very unlikely and why I'm going inconclusive.

She's scaling to 19.5 Megatons while he took several dozens or hundreds of attacks that are stronger than 748 Megatons.

So does it need to be that powerful? Cause if it need to be 7A+ as baseline to work and cumulative of weaker one doesn't work then i guess incon.

Skill isn't that good because Flect's own attacks cannot hurt her, he's 7-C. His reflected attacks will just be her attacks reflected back at her. Assuming he can reflect 7-B attacks. Not certain this wiki stance on this. We know he can't reflect 7-A+ (Though it still protects him) and can reflect 7-C attacks, but can we say he can reflect 7-B attacks?

His reflect is always active and happens automatically. Flect might be able to reflect her attacks. Looking through the movie again, Flect's Quirk looks like it was about to reflect Izuku's 100% attacks. However he kept quickly attacking and that stored up energy was too much for his Quirk to handle.

I'm just theorizing right now.

Stamina is the most helpful. But Flect took around hundreds of 7-A+ attacks in order to finally go through his Reflect. Jean's vastly weaker attacks have a low chance of doing it. Not impossible, just extremely unlikely I'd say. Since we know multiple 7-C attacks were starting to affect him, just we have no idea how long that'll takes. Wearing it out over time and not with rapid jabs that possess far greater power.

Skill isn't that good because Flect's own attacks cannot hurt her, he's 7-C.
Even he's 7-C doesn't that mean he can't defeat her and he can and overlay her with his reflect just like what he's doing to deku

Even he's 7-C doesn't that mean he can't defeat her and he can and overlay her with his reflect just like what he's doing to deku
So you clearly haven't been reading my comments.

Flect being able to reflect 7-B attacks isn't 100% certain. Or did you forget how 7-C attacks were affecting him? Flect survived multiple 7-A+ attacks but he didn't reflect any of them. There's a limit to what he can reflect and 7-B could be past his limit. It's unknown if Flect can reflect Jean's attack.

Jean is over 19 Megatons and 20% Izuku is 5.8 Kilotons, which is 0.0058 Megatons. Jean is over two thousand times stronger than 20% Izuku, who did this to Flect.

The only reason we know he can survive her hits is because he took multiple 7-A+ attacks from 100%, which are over 748 Megatons. However he didn't reflect any of those attacks, and was instantly injured by them. Him being able to reflect Jean's attack is not certain, not impossible either, just unknown.

Last edited:
So you clearly haven't been reading my comments.

Flect being able to reflect 7-B attacks isn't 100% certain. Or did you forget how 7-C attacks were affecting him? Flect survived multiple 7-A+ attacks but he didn't reflect any of them. There's a limit to what he can reflect and 7-B could be past his limit. It's unknown if Flect can reflect Jean's attack.

Jean is over 19 Megatons and 20% Izuku is 5.8 Kilotons, which is 0.0058 Megatons. Jean is over two thousand times stronger than 20% Izuku, who did this to Flect.

The only reason we know he can survive her hits is because he took multiple 7-A+ attacks from 100%, which are over 748 Megatons. However he didn't reflect any of those attacks, and was instantly injured by them. Him being able to reflect Jean's attack is not certain, not impossible either, just unknown.
I see

How strong are his absorption and reflection attacks? Is it based on AP or on abilities?
Does he get any resistance to disease manipulation?

I am for incon leaning towards Jean winning.

How strong are his absorption and reflection attacks? Is it based on AP or on abilities?

Well he can absorb deku attack at his 7-C and his reflect look like have a mountain level

I guess I'll say it again.

Flect's reflect is able to protect him from several dozens, if not hundreds, of 7-A+ (Over 748 MT) attacks. However he wasn't shown to reflect them back, he has been shown to reflect baseline 7-C attacks. At least strikes from a 7-B character (19.5 MT) aren't going to be as affected as hundreds of 7-A+ punches.

It's unknown if Flect's Quirk would've reflected the 7-A+ attacks as Izuku kept on hitting/blitzing him before his reflect could do anything and all of that stored up energy he absorb from those attacks eventually broke through his Quirk. He may or may not be able to reflect her attacks, depending on interpretation.

Basically hundreds of 7-A+ attacks were used to finally break his Reflect. Flect's Quirk reflects anything that touches him automatically, he needs special equipment just to survive and do normal things like seeing. Or else his Quirk reflects light before it reaches his eyes.

Disease manipulation would depends on how it's transferred.

Last edited:
Well he can absorb deku attack at his 7-C and his reflect look like have a mountain level
Well his reflect can withstand many 100% deku punch, though his reflect was destroyed at the end

I guess I'll say it again.

Flect's reflect is able to protect him from several dozens, if not hundreds, of 7-A+ (Over 748 MT) attacks. However he wasn't shown to reflect them back, he has been shown to reflect baseline 7-C attacks. At least strikes from a 7-B character (19.5 MT) aren't going to be as affected as hundreds of 7-A+ punches.

It's unknown if Flect's Quirk would've reflected the 7-A+ attacks as Izuku kept on hitting/blitzing him before his reflect could do anything and all of that stored up energy he absorb from those attacks eventually broke through his Quirk. He may or may not be able to reflect her attacks, depending on interpretation.

Basically hundreds of 7-A+ attacks were used to finally break his Reflect. Flect's Quirk reflects anything that touches him automatically, he needs special equipment just to survive and do normal things like seeing. Or else his Quirk reflects light before it reaches his eyes.

Disease manipulation would depends on how it's transferred.
His profile should be updated then. Seems confusing to me, as I thought he would reflect the same damage as the damage he got from the enemy.
Alright.

Prolonged exposure to the Smaragdus Jadeite, which contain concentrated elemental energy, can cause effects which vary from illnesses at best to changes in personality at worst[1]

Do you think he can resist this? Can he reflect any energy? (elemental one)

His profile should be updated then. Seems confusing to me, as I thought he would reflect the same damage as the damage he got from the enemy.
Alright.

Prolonged exposure to the Smaragdus Jadeite, which contain concentrated elemental energy, can cause effects which vary from illnesses at best to changes in personality at worst[1]

Do you think he can resist this? Can he reflect any energy? (elemental one)
What are you talking about? How is it confusing, can you explain what part of the profile is unclear to you?

That isn't stated anywhere on his profile, so I don't see how you came to that conclusion.

If that Disease stuff is just never explained magic stuff, say you're just magically sick and that is it, than no his Reflect will not protect him. However if this is something that needs to make physical contact with him, than no it cannot affect him as he would reflect. How does that work and how does it affect a battle?

How fast does this stuff act because the scans you linked show someone who was in contact with this stuff for a few days, and is still alive.

The scans you mention talk about touching or making contact, which isn't possible with Flect. Though is this just magic sickness that doesn't need contact?

What are you talking about? How is it confusing, can you explain what part of the profile is unclear to you?

That isn't stated anywhere on his profile, so I don't see how you came to that conclusion.
No need to be offended.
If that Disease stuff is just never explained magic stuff, say you're just magically sick and that is it, than no his Reflect will not protect him. However if this is something that needs to make physical contact with him, than no it cannot affect him as he would reflect. How does that work and how does it affect a battle?
I am unsure of this, hence I asked. Don't get offended.
How fast does this stuff act because the scans you linked show someone who was in contact with this stuff for a few days, and is still alive.
I only copied and pasted from that girl's profile. I am glad to know the answer as well.
The scans you mention talk about touching or making contact, which isn't possible with Flect. Though is this just magic sickness that doesn't need contact?
I don't know hence I asked. Don't be offended

No need to be offended.
What?

How do I sound offended? I'm just confused not angry or offended. Is English not your first language or is am I just not speaking clearly?

I admit to being stupid so that is a possibility.

There is no offense here.

What?

How do I sound offended? I'm just confused not angry or offended. Is English not your first language or is am I just not speaking clearly?

I admit to being stupid so that is a possibility.

There is no offense here.
Ngl, the way of your language seems you are offended. Your second sentence just proves me. But anyways let's not derail this.

Apologies if I insulted you in any way. I'm really confused right now but I'll drop this for now, just know that I wasn't insulting you, offended, or angry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back