• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JBW Character Contest (Suggestion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, having a staff member between the judges would be a good idea.

lol guys chill i was kidding

I'd like to make that very clear right now that I don't really think of myself as comedy Jesus. You guys probably aren't as familiar with my informal side, as I rarely show it outside of chat, so I apologize.

Also, I don't think the judges should be allowed to submit. Why allow something into submission unless allof the judges are allowed to evaluate?

@ArbitraryNumbers

The point of this contest is to encourage the creation of good pages and improve existing ones. Half of the time I don't know if I'm doing the right thing and I'm sure many feel the same, so by excluding the judges from the contest you're negating them the opportunity to improve as wiki users, and that's why they should be allowed to participate.

@Eternal Figure

Don't be too quick to judge Numbers, he is a respetable member in vs battles wiki and as I said before a discussion moderator.

Ah yes, I forgot the initial purpose of this contest.

If that's what helps, then I have no issue. I just prefer that EVERY judge gets to be able to get an opinion in on a profile, without letting them show bias for their own.

The problem is that there is ALWAYS someone who will accuse the judges of abusing their power, the most fair solution is to avoid judges from evaluating their own profiles.

I already agree that they shouldn't be allowed to evaluate their own profiles.

I just don't think they should be allowed to submit. Why would you allow them to submit a profile if they can't evaluate it? Having all of the judges evaluate is important.

That's why the other judges evaluate that. Either way, I don't see why it's TOO big of a deal for one to not evaluate their own stuff, since there's already more judges to do that, and anyone who isn't judge gets evaluated by all judges, so it's not even that big of an effect.

Can I be a judge too? So I may bring the old "serious" point of view to the profiles, so most of those that spam "infinity x infinity" stuff are just considered as 1-B to me.

I hope I get to learn soon how the judges would discuss the evaluations of the profiles, by the way.

Okay, let's try to settle this quickly, we need:

• Names for the Best Frames Throphies.
  • One more judge (4 is a weird number).
  • Time for submittion and votes.

Rodri "Dante" said:
Okay, let's try to settle this quickly, we need:
  • Names for the Best Frames Throphies.
  • One more judge (4 is a weird number).
  • Time for submittion and votes.
1:

1st: Dankness Manipulator+

2nd: Light Manipulator+

3rd: Meme Runner

2:

Again, someone should ask Ryukama

3:

It would be neat if it started tomorrow, lasted 2 weeks and we would check together each submitted page for votting after the two weeks have passed and no one can submit anymore.

1: I don't get the "plus" part

2: I'm going to ask him

3: So, 2 weeks for submit, then 2 weeks for voting?

Okay, Ryukama didn't want to be a judge. Anyway, we have 5 now.

I ask everyone to give a last read to my sandbox before I close this.

The contest starts tomorrow at 1 PM GMT-3.

Rodri "Dante" said:
Okay, Ryukama didn't want to be a judge. Anyway, we have 5 now.

I ask everyone to give a last read to my sandbox before I close this.

The contest starts tomorrow at 1 PM GMT-3.
I can't do that time.

Will we get a notification when the contest begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back