• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jake Sully (Avatar) vs Caesar (Planet of the Apes/Reboot series)

I assume, so that's off the table. LS is in Jake's favor, but Caesar being armed with grenades means he'd likely prefer the bow, since it will lead to a victory for him if it hits. Though, I reckon that Caesar is smarter then Jake, especially in a jungle environment since he's had several years of experience leading the apes and coming up with improvised strategies on the fly.

As a mutated Pan Troglodytes (Chimpanzee), Caesar should be able to retain their acrobatic nature, which will allow him to maneuver through the jungle terrain better than Jake and keep dodging his arrows, especially with stamina being slightly in Caesar's favor (Peak Human VS Athletic Human). Additionally, Caesar's knack for improvising tactics will allow him to use his grenades in a way to catch Jake off guard and potentially kill him.

So for now, I vote Caesar with mid-to-high difficulty via improvisation, ape acrobatics and grenades.

Potentially by nailing Caesar with an arrow, which will kill him in a minute. But Caesar's ape physiology in a jungle terrain will make it more difficult for Jake since he can dodge and weave through the environment, avoiding Jake's arrows and allowing him time think of a way to use his grenades.

Potentially by nailing Caesar with an arrow, which will kill him in a minute. But Caesar's ape physiology in a jungle terrain will make it more difficult for Jake since he can dodge and weave through the environment, avoiding Jake's arrows and allowing him time think of a way to use his grenades.

i can see that reasoning.

also bump.

I don't think Jake's M60 can be restricted, as it is standard equipment and it goes against the vs threads rules. I mean, the thread can still keep going, but it doesn't get added.

To comment anyway, how good is Jake in moving in the jungle? (I don't remember the movie quite well). Because they start at several hundreds of meters, giving Jake an initial range advantage with his bow and grenades aren't exactly handy to use and toss upwards when moving in a jungle and your enemy can jump across trees.

In that location Caesar's horse would also be pretty useless and just a nuisance, while the spear is already better.

Both would have limited ammunitions, but I don't know how many for both.

Physically Jake should be superior thanks to stats, which would make up for him not actually being able to beat up a monkey as he would do with a human.

With or without machine gun, I vote Jake for having better equipment in relation to the environment and better physical stats.

I don't think Jake's M60 can be restricted, as it is standard equipment and it goes against the vs threads rules. I mean, the thread can still keep going, but it doesn't get added.

To comment anyway, how good is Jake in moving in the jungle? (I don't remember the movie quite well). Because they start at several hundreds of meters, giving Jake an initial range advantage with his bow and grenades aren't exactly handy to use and toss upwards when moving in a jungle and your enemy can jump across trees.

In that location Caesar's horse would also be pretty useless and just a nuisance, while the spear is already better.

Both would have limited ammunitions, but I don't know how many for both.

Physically Jake should be superior thanks to stats, which would make up for him not actually being able to beat up a monkey as he would do with a human.

With or without machine gun, I vote Jake for having better equipment in relation to the environment and better physical stats.
It actually can be restricted since it bumps him up to 9-B.

Back