• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jack Scaling to Zunesha (New Evidence)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I'm not using "he tanked his trunk" as evidence.

The narrator says that Jack's regular stomping hurt Zunesha.

Zunesha trumped because of the rumbling of the Mammoth fruit. Jack also states that he can harm Zunesha.

This scales to Jack, the Mink Kings, and any others I might be forgetting.
I agree with this, but since yk I'm not (on discord) where would they be scaled to, what tier?

The narrator says that Jack's regular stomping hurt Zunesha.

Simply inflicting pain without any visual evidence of damage does not seem enough to me to warrant him scaling to Zunesha.

A bee's sting can cause a human pain, but a bee is not the same tier as a human.

I'd also like to point out that the narrator does not say that Jack's stomping actually hurt Zunesha. That word is not used.

Zunesha trumped because of the rumbling of the Mammoth fruit. Jack also states that he can harm Zunesha.

Jack claims to want to hurt Zunesha by damaging its eyes, its tongue, its insides... but simply desiring to do so is not a feat, and these seem like minor cases of damage by targeting vulnerable areas.

This is not enough to warrant Jack scaling to Zunesha's calc. You could only get a "possibly" rating for it at most, and even then there's no direct reason to scale to the full value of the calc.

Last edited:
Simply inflicting pain without any visual evidence of damage does not seem enough to me to warrant him scaling to Zunesha.

A bee's sting can cause a human pain, but a bee is not the same tier as a human.
Screen_Shot_2021-04-19_at_2.58.39_PM.png

I'd also like to point out that the narrator does not say that Jack's stomping actually hurt Zunesha. That word is not used.
The elephant trumpets because of the rumbling.
The elephant screams out in pain because of the Mammoth's walking.
Jack claims to want to hurt Zunesha by damaging its eyes, its tongue, its insides... but simply desiring to do so is not a feat, and these seem like minor cases of damage by targeting vulnerable areas.
Fair

We have a term for what those footprints in Zunesha would be comparable to, "Chip Damage". Inflicting tiny wounds a giant opponent. By comparison of surface area to a human, those footprints in Zunehsa would be less than a scratch.

It is an extremely insignificant amount of damage done. Like the reason we wouldn't say an insect is comparable to the AP of a human's punch/kick, even though they can cause minor damage or pain to a human.

So for that same reason, I don't think Jack is comparable to Zunesha.

I'd say it's only small compared to the creature because the creature is 20 km wide and 35 km tall. Jack doesn't have large AOE, he's an elephant.

I'd understand if it was an insignificant scratch, but Zunesha was howling in pain (different translation) from the footprint. Zunesha doesn't howl in pain when he swings at people or when he walks, but he howled when Jack harmed him.

An insect is a bad example. I googled it to check how come they can actually harm humans, and I've seen multiple reasons why.
Piercing Damage, Cutting Damage, and being so small that the sharpness is immense.

Jack walked regularly and left prints in it's back that left Zunesha howling/trumpeting. I'd say that Jack scales.

I'd say it's only small compared to the creature because the creature is 20 km wide and 35 km tall. Jack doesn't have large AOE, he's an elephant.

I'd understand if it was an insignificant scratch, but Zunesha was howling in pain (different translation) from the footprint. Zunesha doesn't howl in pain when he swings at people or when he walks, but he howled when Jack harmed him.

An insect is a bad example. I googled it to check how come they can actually harm humans, and I've seen multiple reasons why.
Piercing Damage, Cutting Damage, and being so small that the sharpness is immense.

Jack walked regularly and left prints in it's back that left Zunesha howling/trumpeting. I'd say that Jack scales.
I agree with Tempest's points.

That's precisely my point. It's chip damage against an utterly enormous creature.

The energy from the AP of Zunesha's trunk swing is covered by a vastly larger surface area. This is pretty relevant when it comes to durability.

Not enough to say that an area the size of Jack's footprint is equal to it.

I don't see how that different translation is any more valid.

I don't howl in pain when I punch or kick something, but if I'm prodded by a fork you can bet I'll say "Ow."

Not to the calc which is for Zunesha's trunk swing. By comparison to Zunehsa and to Zunesha's trunk, Jack is extremely small. Sure - his footprints are heavier and more damaging than any normal person's, that's for sure, but those tiny impressions on Zunesha's back are still not significant enough to warrant scaling him to the full value of the calc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back