• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Izuku Midoriya vs Jaune Arc

I'll go for Izuku due to having more feats and more fightning experience, Jaune in Vol 1-3 only had a few fights and in many of them he had help.

Going for Izuku too. Even though Jaune has the higher Dura, he doesn't have as much skill as Izuku.

While being huntsman Jaune never presented extraordinary speed or agilty in terms of his body movements. We saw him being able to take a lot of hits, and deal huge damage to Grimms, especialy after his training with Pyrrha, and time-skip but in terms of speed, agilty, acrobatics, reaction he's at normal human level. Or should I say that he never proved to be above normal humans in these feasts. Not only that, his semblance is still locked. And yes I know his attacks are Massively Hypersonic , he himself is lacking in speed. Basicaly he's a tank.

As for Izuku, he already presented in the manga that using All For One 100% during his battle with Overhaul make him so fast, that he's invisible for human eyes. Add to it enchanted endurance (because AFO) and extraordinary strenght presented during his fight with Muscular. He was capable of creating impact crater.

However it's not a strenght that gives Deku advantage, but speed and experience. Jaune is a heavy type of a fighter that can strike fast, but cannot move like Ren or Ruby. On the other hand Izuku does have speed and strenght, he doesn't have aura (that is protecting him as a shield) however AFO is greatly increasing his defense.

Experience is another thing, Jaune has been training with Pyrrha, fighting on tournament or against Cardin during school, and that's it. He focused mostly on training against Grimms, and barely on fighting against different people. On the other hand Izuku have a lot of more experience against fighting humans, not only that but humans with different powers than his. For Deku it would be easy to adapt to Jaune, however it would be extremely hard for Jaune to do this same for Izuku.

In my opinion Jaune wouldn't be able to even scratch Izuku, as for now... However his semblance might be a major factor (and after current RWBY episode we know he's going to unlock it).

Well er...

Jaune has the aura and shield to protect him from Midoriyas mere physical attacks..

While he also has a sword...Dont bring fists to a sword fight Deku

I´ll give this to Jaune due to him being literally thousands of times faster (Subsonic+ vs. MHs+, if i´m reading Deku´s profile correctly) and at least equal in everything else but Lifting Strength.

Izuku has arguably more combat experience, being in more life and death situations than Jaune has in Vol. 1-3, and has a bit more of a varied skill set.

Since morals are off as well (even though that's not really needed in this battle, could've just made it a K.O. fight or smth because it just feels weird for these characters to kill anyone), that means Deku could just spam 8-B level shockwaves with all of his fingers at a far range till Jaune's down. He really has no way of defending against it with just a shield, and his Aura will deplete rather quickly.

In-character and going for K.O. though would be different. Maybe after a strike Jaune would realize Deku wouldn't have Aura, leaving him open for attacks. If nothing else, Izuku still has that combat experience and range advantage.

Going for the hero in training here.

@Xmark Why wouldnt he be able to block them with his shield...? And Jaune still has his healing abilities.

Pressure would still get to his arms and cause damage, though I should clarify that I didn't mean that it wouldn't block anything, just not help as much. Shock waves are kinda different than bullets or arrows, so.

There's also the case where if Jaune tries to get close to Deku, he'd just be blown back.

IIRC RWBY healing isn't that helpful, since it seems like a slow process, and not shown as much to be combat applicable. I mean, it didn't look like the health bars in any of the tournament fights/sparring fights went up.

Ah i see, though im not exactly sure that would do very much if anything to his aura

Jaune's healing with Natural Leader is actually instantaneous, and he also has stat amping to go along with it.

I think Deku should have his 100% here, that's his only 8-A way to harm Jaune and it would be supported by his great battle strategy

???

100% and above are the only methods of truly damaging Jaune though. Take that away and Deku even loses his range advantage.

SheevShezarrine said:
Rules changed to account for Jaune's 8-A durability. Vote count wil not be altered.
Izuku: 3

Jaune: 2
What? Dude, just allow Deku's 100%. Is easier, logical, could be used as a versus thread and is not an stomp. Also my vote was for Deku.

Oh boy, I swear this thread is basically closer to youtube comment section then an actual debate..

Jaune has the edge when it comes to being more witty and smarter. Deku, while he is smart, does need time to think. With prep time, I lean to Deku but since this is just their first encounter, Jaune should be better with improvising as shown during the festival and during his first exam.

Combat Experience... I say Deku. I dont think I need to explain much, but generally speaking he has fought a variety of opponents. All Jaune fought so far is grimm and most grimm have the sameish abilities.

Power is Deku, no contest.

Stamina and Endurance go to Jaune, on the sole grounds that his semblance gives him low regen that likely happens during life threatning scenarios, has a better defensive style and also generally speaking has fought opponents stronger then he, was a punching bag and he took it like a champ.

I think to make things more fair, you should give access to 100% and higher moves to Izuku to make it fair. That said.. Jaune should take this both ways. He is a better fighter in parts 2-3 then most, keeping up with Pyrrha. He is more durable, he is also somewhat more of a 'wing it' kind of guy.

And Izuku still should take damage from Jaunes attacks both counts, and he still wont be able to hurt Jaune generally speaking without hurting himself.

HOWEVER, I do see if you gave Izuku and Jaune prep time, Izuku might have a better time using it.

Izuku pre quirk had a notebook on analysis, and giving him some prep time to think like in the race, he can probably take this as he will probably come up with a weakness to Jaunes style and exploit it.

Izuku... doesnt really have that many combat weaknesses minus quirk related.

Jaunes takes this with higher endurance, generally smarter in combat and likely better AP. (Since Izuku is baseline CB)

With Prep Time, Izuku takes this with being more analytical, having higher raw power with one for all and better combat experience.

Both are quick to think on their feet, but Jaune is far more reliant on teamwork than Deku is, which is his downfall. Not to mention his tendency to stop fighting in the middle of the fight (he tends to stand around to bark orders, and even has his entire team on standby in the tournament to discuss Flower Power).

Yeah, Deku takes it, even with the blade disadvantage.

Weekly one question why Power loader's high end feat was not accepted? he made that great hole while restrained, he should be city block level+.

Yeah, he made that hole, but nothing suggests he did it in one shot. He could have gradually made it with building level hits

Jinx666 said:
Yeah, he made that hole, but nothing suggests he did it in one shot. He could have gradually made it with building level hits
That thing shouldn't be a perfect circle then :B.

Izuku: 7

Jaune: 3

The grace period started 5 hours ago with TeenAngel101's vote.

Therefir said:
Jinx666 said:
That thing shouldn't be a perfect circle then :B.
It probably could be seeing as his quirk is to literally be able to make holes in the ground, and it wasn't very 'perfect either'

This is a curbstomp. Iziku may not have had a quirk but he supplemented the lack of his quirk with sheer knowledge. Ask Izuku a question about his world and he'll answer you with facts. He's not a blank slate. Jaune couldn't answer what an aura or semblance was. Coming from a hunter family, that's stuff he should have known. Graanted, Izuku had a teacher that took a one on one training curriculum with him and sheer luck where teh greatest hero of that world passed onto him his powers.

If Jaune had someone like Qrow pass by, take pity on him and train him like Izuku did, this would be a fair fight. Though, one can say Pyrrha was that person but Jaune was a pissy asshole who rebuffed her when she offered the first time.

Either way, Izuku own here. Jaune doesn't make it easy, but he gets owned anyway.

Back