• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I'VE COME TO MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT, THE COLLECTOR IS A BITCH ASS ************, otherwise known as, I lose my mind over this verse once more

Call this the return of deonment, 'cause I'm back baby.
So in this thread, I shall be losing my mind over void this time (and also some SOUL stuff because my madness knows no bounds)
The abilities in this following spoiler apply to all pure void entities, that being all shades/siblings and The Collector (**** this guy, I have stuff to say abt him later)
So to start with the former, as seen 3+ times in verse, void beings can enter and leave the dream realm, an alternate plane of existence, without the Dream Nail.
For those examples,
Within all Radiance fights, the moment you reach the phase changes the void/abyss appears/rises to become the new death plane for the fight, when the abyss is literally at the bottom of the world map, in an entirely different dimension.
The shades that show up during the end of the Radiance fight too, such as the siblings and the Hollow Knight, enter and then leave the dream realm without the use of the Dream Nail, existing normally within the waking world.
The Lord of Shades leaves the dream realm without the use of the dream nail, and not by waking up in the form of the Knight, instead just emerging from the forehead of the Godseeker.
Now for the Sealing Negation, which acts as some extra evidence of the dimensional travel stuff
In the Ancient Basin, there is a kingsmould upon the ground which the player can attempt to dream nail, if, they use the dream nail they are repelled and a seal shows itself surrounding the kingsmould, yet one can see the existence of void tendrils connected to the kingsmould's void and show evidence of appearing within the White Palace, such as the blotches of void in the atmosphere that we see in the throne room that is only present where void is, along with the kingsmould that preceded the room being dead with the normal signs of the void killing someone.
TLDR; They would get sealing negation due to being able to bypass the seal placed upon the White Palace that required the Knight to use the Awakened Dream Nail to break into.
No idea how this wasn't done, but uh, yeah, All void beings should gain Immortality Type 1 and 3
For the former, it is due to this
VOID, yours is the power opposed. But yours is potential, eternity potential, force that could deny Time. VOID, harness shall be placed upon you.
-White Palace Lore Tablet
It essentially states that the void holds the potential for eternity and is unaffected by time, which has several parallels with dreams, which are also noted to last eternally and those with dream physiology currently have Immortality type 1.
In addition, their level of regen should be enough for Immortality type 3.
They are made out of void stuff instead of actual biological material, they get Inorganic Physiology Type 2 due to this
From this dialogue, we can see that void has effects on the mind of its observers
...Turn it off?...Cannot...
My King. I'm sorry...the sea calls...
-LIghthouse Royal Retainer Dream Nail Dialogue
This is the retainer that is found within the lighthouse, and we see the effects of void killing someone on them with the light turned off, seemingly by their actions
As stated by the White Lady after the Knight obtains the Voidheart (which is said to release the inner emptiness of the knight)
That pulsing emptiness... Truly, it has been transformed by the revelations it found. Does it... feel anything? Triumph? Or hate? If it does, I cannot sense it. The fate of our Kingdom, our Hallownest... that future belongs to you now.
-White Lady
They cannot sense any form of emotions from the Knight, granting them resistance to telepathy, and since this stems from their inner emptiness and nature as a being of void, this scales to all other beings of pure void (bar the Collector)
In addition, when Dream Nailed all beings of pure void (bar the Collector), have no Dream Nail dialogue
I'm back at SOUL stuff again, and this time I have (hopefully) solved the problem of the Collector existing
As Established in this CRT, the SOUL of bugs was established as being more than just the soul of bugs, also being their life force
So basically, there is a veritable clusterfuck of information within the verse pointing toward the fact that SOUL also encompasses and is the mind of bugs, to the point of being inane, the issue, however, is the existence of the Collector and the moulds within the White Palace, who clearly both have thoughts, emotions, feelings, etc, in addition to being void based creatures, and since the collector does not give SOUL but still retains "conscious" thought then SOUL must not include the mind of bugs. Then it struck me, the Collector is a massive ass outlier when compared to the rest of the pure void entities, given the whole, can be dream nailed for mind reading, has actual physical form and shape that can't be changed at will, along with the resemblance to the kingmoulds, making me realize that by all rights they should be not used as a counter towards SOUL containing the mind.
If people want scans/quotes, just ask me for them, I just don't want to have to type up everything in this crt because I will actually lose my mind if I attempt to do that and explain why and what they mean, so just I will save that for if people decide to accept or deny this part or not
TLDR; I'm asking if yalls think that the Collector is too hard of a counter to SOUL extending to the mind of bugs, if it is, then I will just pass this along and provide no scans to save myself time, if yall think it isn't, then scans and quotes galore shall be provided to provide the validity of SOUL=soul=life force=mind.
That should be all this time around.

Last edited:
I'VE COME TO MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT
THE COLLECTOR IS A VOID-ASS MFER
HE STOLE ALL THE FRIGGIN GRUBS
THAT'S RIGHT. HE TOOK HIS WEIRD BULBOUS CONTAINERS OUT AND HE STOLE THEM,
AND HE SAID HIS COLLECTION WAS "THIS BIG" AND I SAID THAT'S MESSED UP.
SO I'M MAKING A CALLOUT POST ON MY VENGEFLY.COM...
COLLECTOR, YOU'VE GOT A SMALL COLLECTION, IT'S THE SIZE OF THIS LIFESEED EXCEPT WAY SMALLER,
AND GUESS WHAT? HERE'S HOW MY COLLECTION LOOKS LIKE PSSSH
pjimage-(1)-4.jpg

THAT'S RIGHT BABY. NO CONTAINERS, NO GRUBS, NO TOWERS. LOOK AT IT LOOKS LIKE THE SMASH BROS CHARACTER ROSTER.
HE STOLE MY GRUBS SO GUESS WHAT? I'M GONNA STEAL HIS LIFE!
THAT'S RIGHT, THIS IS WHAT YOU GET! MY SUPER LASER A B B Y S S A L S H R I E K!
EXCEPT IM NOT GONNA STEAL HIS LIFE. IM GONNA GO HIGHER! IM GONNA STEAL HIS VOID!
HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT PALE KING?
IM BECOMING ONE WITH THE VOID YOU IDIOT!
YOU'VE GOT 23 HOURS BEFORE THE RADIANCE FREAKING DIES,
NOW GET OUT OF MY SIGHT BEFORE I SEAL YOU IN THE VOID TOO

Resistance to Telepathy seems a bit redundant, no? Not opposed to it, I just think the resistance to mind/empathic hax should cover it already. No comment on the collector stuff yet. Rest looks good to me.

Mind Manipulation thing for the Void could probably just be Social Influencing, fine on everything else.

Last edited:
From this dialogue, we can see that void has effects on the mind of its observers

This is the retainer that is found within the lighthouse, and we see the effects of void killing someone on them with the light turned off, seemingly by their actions
That's fine but I think it should be noted this was done by the void sea as a whole, so idk if a single void dude would have that ability to a useful degree.
As stated by the White Lady after the Knight obtains the Voidheart (which is said to release the inner emptiness of the knight)

They cannot sense any form of emotions from the Knight, granting them resistance to telepathy, and since this stems from their inner emptiness and nature as a being of void, this scales to all other beings of pure void (bar the Collector)
In addition, when Dream Nailed all beings of pure void (bar the Collector), have no Dream Nail dialogue
This would possibly just mean that the Knight has no feelings, rather than them being inscrutable.
As Established in this CRT, the SOUL of bugs was established as being more than just the soul of bugs, also being their life force
So basically, there is a veritable clusterfuck of information within the verse pointing toward the fact that SOUL also encompasses and is the mind of bugs, to the point of being inane, the issue, however, is the existence of the Collector and the moulds within the White Palace, who clearly both have thoughts, emotions, feelings, etc, in addition to being void based creatures, and since the collector does not give SOUL but still retains "conscious" thought then SOUL must not include the mind of bugs. Then it struck me, the Collector is a massive ass outlier when compared to the rest of the pure void entities, given the whole, can be dream nailed for mind reading, has actual physical form and shape that can't be changed at will, along with the resemblance to the kingmoulds, making me realize that by all rights they should be not used as a counter towards SOUL containing the mind.
If people want scans/quotes, just ask me for them, I just don't want to have to type up everything in this crt because I will actually lose my mind if I attempt to do that and explain why and what they mean, so just I will save that for if people decide to accept or deny this part or not
TLDR; I'm asking if yalls think that the Collector is too hard of a counter to SOUL extending to the mind of bugs, if it is, then I will just pass this along and provide no scans to save myself time, if yall think it isn't, then scans and quotes galore shall be provided to provide the validity of SOUL=soul=life force=mind.
To me it feels like he's just sentient, i don't think he needs to have soul for that specifically since he isn't the same type of being as bugs to begin with, doesn't need to adhere to the same mechanics.

I think with armor's agreement I should be able to apply this, and then go make the SOUL thread part 2

Back