• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

It was bound to happen - Courier Six vs V

Last edited:
I just want to say people should wait to make matches with the courier until his profile is updated. The profile update was practically ready to go, I’ll go start up the the thread that has the update to see if we can finally apply it.

I just want to say people should wait to make matches with the courier until his profile is updated. The profile update was practically ready to go, I’ll go start up the the thread that has the update to see if we can finally apply it.
Can't wait for it.

Ok, so last I checked V has something similar to vats where he slows down his perception of time. This seems to be whoever shoots first. Due to the Courier’s luck V’s gun has a chance to jam or at least miss (unless he immediately goes for homing attacks). I doubt V’s resurrection can save him from his head being exploded and due to the bloody mesh perk that is very likely to happen if the courier delivers a kill shot.

V doesn’t have social influencing or resistance to fear manipulation so if the Courier manages to start a conversation he very likely could terrify or convince V to leave.

Though the Courier has a chance for their brain being a Tesla coil due to the Blue Mountain’s events. So V could possibly hack them to death.

I’m voting the Courier for now because his luck should give him the opening he needs to scare V away or be able to shoot V to death better. Though V has a decent chance of having the ability to just turn the courier off if they are a cyborg.

Why the hell didn’t I see this thread?

I’m voting the Courier for now because his luck should give him the opening he needs to scare V away or be able to shoot V to death better. Though V has a decent chance of having the ability to just turn the courier off if they are a cyborg.
bruh.

While I understand his luck,the issue is that V can resurrect/heal automatically even if Courier can land that lucky shot.He’ll probably go for a time slow if he notices he is in a range disadvantage (several hundreds of meters vs hundreds of meters). Social influencing or terrifying presence won’t work before V can have a smart bullet/rocket home into his skull.

Im voting V

Pip-Boy is extremely easy to hack like all RobCo tech, as explained by The Courier in Big MT and Father Elijah in the Sierra Madre.
Therefore, quickhack should disable it with ease. This combined with V having his own time/perception manipulation should give him a major edge in combat. If The Courier is also a cyborg, I'd say this is almost a (literal) hax-stomp. Either way, I vote V.

Last edited:
I’m really busy right now. I’m just commenting now because I have a slight amount of time and I’ve been gone from this site for like a month, so I want people to know I’m still using this site.

Why the hell didn’t I see this thread?

bruh.

While I understand his luck,the issue is that V can resurrect/heal automatically even if Courier can land that lucky shot.He’ll probably go for a time slow if he notices he is in a range disadvantage (several hundreds of meters vs hundreds of meters). Social influencing or terrifying presence won’t work before V can have a smart bullet/rocket home into his skull.

Im voting V
Ok I’m not that free but I just want to ask, how good is V’s resurrection? Can he heal having his head exploded or being partially vaporized/turned to goop (his head, not his whole body, though the hoop part would apply to V’s whole body if the courier gets a good shot in with the plasma rifle)?

If V has the range disadvantage that means he’ll need to cross the distance between the courier and him and with the courier’s luck and skill combined that’ll make it very hard for V to get in range even with time slow.

Ok I’m not that free but I just want to ask, how good is V’s resurrection? Can he heal having his head exploded or being partially vaporized/turned to goop?
Well no,but it’s 9B weaponry only no? So that wouldn’t happen since those are higher tier stuff.

If V has the range disadvantage that means he’ll need to cross the distance between the courier and him and with the courier’s luck and skill combined that’ll make it very hard for V to get in range even with time slow.
V has snipers too. Tech rifles would allow him to snipe the Courier back as well.

Oh yeah laser rifles and plasma are 9-A forgot this was tier B equipment.

You were the one that pointed out the courier’s sniper (and other weapons) has a longer range. They both have snipers but it seems the courier’s has greater range according to the profiles. Plus the courier’s luck can make guns jam or have a person literally spawn right next to V to shoot him (mysterious stranger and miss fortune perks). So V can’t even properly shoot at the courier some of the times, is outranged, and getting shot by people randomly spawning into reality around him (or teleporting if you want to be super specific).

Though I will say if this cyborg or Tesla brain courier then I’ll probably vote V (though it depends on how far V can hack things from).

You were the one that pointed out the courier’s sniper (and other weapons) has a longer range. They both have snipers but it seems the courier’s has greater range. Plus the courier’s luck can make guns jam or have a person literally spawn right next to V to shoot him (mysterious stranger and miss fortune perks). So V can’t even properly shoot at the courier some of the times and is outranged.
Honestly that range might’ve been wrong. It’s probably on because the game is too buggy to actually allow decent sniping rather than it actual range. It should be far superior that when what modern sniper ranges reach today.

Fair on the other points,but V can dodge via timeslow and can simply heal/ressurect if they don’t hit the right spot.

Fair on the luck,that would be a real bitch to handle. However he has speed amps to help him close that gap.

Just want to say I keep forgetting that SBA has characters start literally over the horizon from each other (actually nevermind the horizon is 5 miles the characters start 4 km away, so nearly over the horizon), so social influencing is definitely out of the question.

Ok I’m not that free but I just want to ask, how good is V’s resurrection?
Technically, ingame it just sets his health back to 100% when it hits 0%, like from say, an explosion that would normally instantly kill him.
Not sure what that actually translates to. Highly doubt it can regenerate a limb, probably just fatal blood loss or trauma.

Is there another time slow? The only one I’ve found says it last 1.5 seconds and has a 5 second cool down. That’s good for a quick deciding hit, not good for a drawn out sniper battle. Especially when two people keep suddenly spawning in to shoot you in the back some times.

Is there another time slow? The only one I’ve found says it last 1.5 seconds and has a 5 second cool down. That’s good for a quick deciding hit, not good for a drawn out sniper battle. Especially when two people keep suddenly spawning in to shoot you in the back some times.
That’s another time slow. He has sandivstan,separate from that time slow which is an 18 seconds slow down.

Technically, ingame it just sets his health back to 100% when it hits 0%, like from say, an explosion that would normally instantly kill him.
Not sure what that actually translates to. Highly doubt it can regenerate a limb, probably just fatal blood loss or trauma.
Last I checked we usually don’t count health regen like that very high unless it has in game/lore statements on how good it is. I know of a game with a similar mechanic and we only count that regen as low (though personally I think it should be higher).

Last I checked we usually don’t count health regen like that very high unless it has in game/lore statements on how good it is. I know of a game with a similar mechanic and we only count that regen as low (though personally I think it should be higher).
It says it has endorphins and tissue healing stuff. So it’s definitely mid-low at best.

Checking the link out the one that slows time for 18 seconds only slows time by 1.3 times. Which isn’t really that much faster. The other ones that slow time much better seem to last much shorter timeframes if I read it correctly. Definitely is much better than the other time slow (the 1.5 second one), and definitely helps in a sniper battle since both of them have multiple miles to react to their attacks. Though the 18 second time slow has a full minute cooldown. And even the ones that slow time for only 5 seconds still have like 30 second cool downs. I guess this depends on if V can get within hacking range because both have weapons that can shred each other (last I checked this site has it that 9-C guns can hurt very low level 9-As, so even if their guns were completely regular they’ll still shred each other), but V would be better in mid to close combat. But the courier range game is annoying due to his luck and summoning. Hard to have a sniper battle with someone when two people keep spawning around you and shooting you in the back.

I would say that’s not that bad, but terraria has a healing mechanic with literally the same time frame and I will say 45 seconds in a fight is a very long time. And while 18 seconds is also a long time, the time slow that last that long only slows everyone else down (or speeds you up, is that actual time slow or perception manipulation like the courier?) by 1.3 times. Which only helps with quick fight ending moves or moves that have to travel far distances. If the courier only could shoot a sniper at V here then V would easily be able to clear the gap (distance), but the courier has insane luck on his side and has people randomly spawn around V to shoot them in the back.

or speeds you up, is that actual time slow or perception manipulation like the courier?)
It’s percep manip,sorry if I said time slow lol. That was incorrect.

or speeds you up,
He has actual speed amps as well,and his percep manip increases movement speed.
, but the courier has insane luck on his side and has people randomly spawn around V to shoot them in the back
V can either shake off or dodge the shots delivered by the summons due to time slow or ressurection/regen.

Miss fortune’s attacks cause paralysis and this works on the 9-As of the verse. Meanwhile the mysterious stranger one shots people comparable to the courier (actually he I think he may one shot the 9-As in which case I need to ask if he would be restricted).

Oh yeah I remember seeing videos on the perception manipulation, it does speed you up. Though still 1.3 times isn’t that much. I’ll look up the other speed amps now, though the courier also has another speed amp of his own.

Miss fortune’s attacks cause paralysis and this works on the 9-As of the verse. Meanwhile the mysterious stranger one shots people comparable to the courier (actually he I think he may one shot the 9-As in which case I need to ask if he would be restricted).
Fair on that point,so he’ll have to dodge or die in that scenario then. Which he is likely capable of doing due to his skill and percep manip. He can instant incap them with a homing tranquilizer dart as well.

Miss fortune despawns after they are done shooting. And unlike the mysterious stranger, miss fortune doesn’t have statements of being an actual individual person. So I’m pretty sure they’ll disappear after a few seconds.

Also V has to know a person will just suddenly appear for no reason and shoot them in the back. Their speed amp isn’t massive, not enough to completely negate being surprised by something you would have literally zero ways of seeing coming.

Even with max luck, stranger and miss fortune are unlikely.

I was looking it up and how often they spawn does vary drastically from person to person. So I guess one more question I have is what is V’s hacking range?

I was looking it up and how often they spawn does vary drastically from person to person. So I guess one more question I have is what is V’s hacking range?
A google says 6 meters, but I don't believe that at all lol. Someone would have to measure probably, or look in the files.

Also, hacking the Pip-Boy would disable mysterious stranger and miss fortune.

Yeah but the courier starts vastly out of V’s range.

I already said earlier if the courier enters V’s hacking range he most likely loses. Especially if he has Tesla organs or is a cyborg. He also loses most his durability and his better regeneration if he gets in hacking range.

Yeah but the courier starts vastly out of V’s range.

I already said earlier if the courier enters V’s hacking range he most likely loses. Especially if he has Tesla organs or is a cyborg. He also loses most his durability and his better regeneration if he gets in hacking range.
So the range really matters then. Are you capable of hopping into Cyberpunk and grabbing a screenshot of its maximum range?

I’m not able to, and it’s getting pretty late where I live, so I’ll look into the hacking range tomorrow

Back