• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

It appears Super has retconned Beerus power level

Faisal_Shourov

VS Battles
Retired
In RoF it was said that Goku and Vegeta together might be able to beat Beerus. However in Super (both manga and anime) the difference between Beerus and the saiyans has been increased a lot it seems

Here is an example. Beerus says he will turn Goku and Vegeta into space dust. This is after RoF. It definitely doesn't look like exaggeration, both Vegeta and Goku have been shown to be terrified of Beerus in DBS

Thought?

Beerus threatens Goku

Whis said that goku and vegeta were a tiny glass ball compared to beerus who was a castle so yea its been retconned

yeah, thats well into 3-A

i mean ssjg goku was 50 percent universal

ssb goku >> saiyan beyond goku after training > 50 percent universal

i think as of now beerus can definitely bust more than one universe in physical terms for sure

The Living Tribunal1 said:
yeah, thats well into 3-A

i mean ssjg goku was 50 percent universal

ssb goku >> saiyan beyond goku after training > 50 percent universal

i think as of now beerus can definitely bust more than one universe in physical terms for sure
I pretty sure he can he and champa in chapter 6 were about to casually destroy the universe if whis and vados hadnt stopped them. Goku doesnt have that kind of firepower

Celestial Pegasus said:
CrossverseCrisis said:
Beerus cussing though...
Just translators trying to make dbs more gritty
I see. Well you definitely wouldn't want a Universe busting god like Beerus cussing at you, now would it? Actually i'd cry not because of how powerful he is, but only because i'm being cussed at by a huminoid cat god of destruction.

Mangas in general have a lot more profanity than anime because of less regulations. Many ecchi manga have explicit nipples of women, whereas in anime they're often censored

"The **** you say?"

That's one jank translation. It doesn't offend me or anything, it just seems so hilariously out of character lol

this is profanity?

have you guys read seinen managas

in terms of brutality

seinen manga > shonen manga > anime > most non japanese media

Okay......

Well other than this, so we have all agreed(at least the ones who commented here) that Beerus is a solid 3-A then which apparently Beerus is now sicne Ant has taken out the likely part?

Even if Beerus had said "The heck you say?" it'd still be weird just because of the sentence structure.

I recall the One Punch Man translation I read having way more cussing than the subtitles provided by Hulu for the anime. Does Saitama even ever actually say "boring as hell?"

Nah, he's more than that, that wouldn't make any damn sense. It wasn't just multiple galaxies, they were rippling the integrity of the universe. Time for the gong to ring. It's gonna be a long debate.

CrossverseCrisis said:
Okay......
Well other than this, so we have all agreed(at least the ones who commented here) that Beerus is a solid 3-A then which apparently Beerus is now sicne Ant has taken out the likely part?
Yes

Davy0 said:
Nah, he's more than that, that wouldn't make any damn sense. It wasn't just multiple galaxies, they were rippling the integrity of the universe. Time for the gong to ring. It's gonna be a long debate.
goku ssjg ki attacks were 50 percent universal

ssb goku >> ssjg goku

so, ssb goku attacks will be more than enought to destroy a physical 3-D universe

many multiple ones

same applies to beerus on a more massive scale

I would have liked to see actual universe busting, but there is enough statement to suggest Beerus has the power to destroy 3D universe. So I agree

Goku is good where he is, DBS Beerus seems a hell lot stronger than movie Beerus

Faisal Shourov said:
I would have liked to see actual universe busting, but there is enough statement to suggest Beerus has the power to destroy 3D universe. So I agree
Goku is good where he is, DBS Beerus seems a hell lot stronger than movie Beerus
i wud rather see proof of infinite parallel universes for each universe

that way, the lore can be expanded to 2-A

The Living Tribunal1 said:
Davy0 said:
goku ssjg ki attacks were 50 percent universal

ssb goku >> ssjg goku

so, ssb goku attacks will be more than enought to destroy a physical 3-D universe

many multiple ones

same applies to beerus on a more massive scale
That's not how that works. You can't be fifty percent of something if you don't HAVE that something. Both blows need an equal amount of force to be capable of performing what they did, otherwise it wouldn't work as it did, only multiple galaxies would have been wrecked, but the evidence shows instead that the entire universe was being torn apart. It's like arm wrestling. A proper arm wrestler who is equal to the strength of another can't just have 50% of his power against 50% of the arm wrestlers power. If it equates to completely equal strength, than neither person budges if both are using proper technique. Which means the only determinate in said match equates to stamina. And Goku was getting tired in the Anime and Manga of constantly fighting Beerus at what was close to his own full potential or at his fullest potential for long periods of time. So it's not "50%". That's just stupid.

I'm sorry, but is an analogy and a vague statement made during an outburst really a good enough reason to assume that he's 2-C or somewhere around there?

Squid peanut said:
I'm sorry, but is an analogy and a vague statement made during an outburst really a good enough reason to assume that he's 2-C or somewhere around there?
Nah, just that Beerus should very, very, VERY likely be 3-A when compared to Goku and Vegeta's 3-B.

Azzy, you're my final hope man... my sanity is slipping. Why isn't Goku who was also causing the Universe to rip, not Universal?

Causing massive damage to the universe in a fight = very, very high end Multi-Galaxy level. Destroying the universe in a single shot = universe level.

Both Odin and Hulk have feats that affected the entire multiverse, but said feats are not considered multiversal in AP.

I'm not gonna go around and change every character who's affected something to have AP equal to what they affected. That's not how it works. Hell, Goku's even listed as "at least 3-B" for this feat. It's incredibly likely he'll be 3-A in under a saga.

on the swear thing, japanese language doesn't function like ours in that regard..they don't have a bunch of words that are treated more or less seriously to denote anger. it's all down to the tone the character uses when speaking.

on that note, one could make a case that, depending on the situation, (when a character seems to be REALLY pissed off), it'd be accurate to use swear words when adapting to a language that has them, since the author wants the character to portray a lot of animosity.

LordAizenSama said:
what if... Whis meant via fusion they could win.........
That would be cool u think Vegito will return or Gogeta will make his first canon apperance?

LordAizenSama said:
I do hope that we see Vegito again, small hints at it being a possibility
I just want an OP fusion tbh so he can appear or a new fusion is entirely up to the plot

The more I read Super the more stronger Beerus and Gods seems. Goku and Vegeta are just random strong warriors to them lol.

Back