• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Issue With Too Strong Verse Matches And How We Deal With It

At first i want to discuss this on either Kagari or Woki wall, but then i'm thinking "maybe i should make this open minded to the others instead being personal to two guys with me, maybe some of them have same problem with me, who know"

So there is something bugging/irk me for long time, would a matches from too strong verse who ended stomp and stomp over and over will be too redundant? Because every matches like that can't be ignored too long due of how much the stomp matches are that is not funny anymore.

This mostly comes from Blazblue but not only that, Digimon, SMT, Warhammer, Masada (Tho its only covering the three color and Methuselah), and plenty verse that have too strong characters that i didn't mention.

Why i say this is the issue? Because there is some of factors of why this is the issue we must deal:

1. Fun: We make a vs threads and debating for fun, right? Then think again, make a match who then ended stomp, later there is another match who ended same, and its continue, is this considered as fun anymore?

2. The Characters Pride: Say there is characters page, then you make the match, and it become stomp in that character favor due how strong he/she is, now the characters not only don't get any matches often, they look them too op that they don't want make any match of it. I say characters pride, what is that? Its pride about how you get attention and have plenty matches for fun and other. Now the characters doesn't have any matches and people look him/her too op, is this hurt? Its more hurt if the characters are really not famous and get treated like that. Its another story if the characters looked them too op in good way (gonna said this soon) like Reinhard, PMMM gods-tier, etc, and another story if you really want to show characters pride over and over that it got bad name -a.k.a spam- like.......the certain ribbon girl.

3. Matches Variety: Mean that the characters get matches with every characters who weak/too weak or strong/too strong but still in fair and square fight like example nasuverse against pokemon, the latter have AP advantage plenty good abilities but can still hold on their own with their good abilities despite the AP disadvantage, nasuverse against verse that have a few good abilities or lack, but still give a fair fight. Now if the verse have massive amount of hax/resistance on their characters, the variety will go down into really low and make them get so little matches.

Maybe there is some word is not sense but hey, i'm already said what i think now so i already tried my best to speak here.

So what we should do with it? My suggestion is ban lel, but of course its bad idea so big no for it.

Feel free to discuss it until your hand hurt

1: Sure, for some people.

2: This is irrelivant. If a character is strong, they are strong. I don't see how them being too strong to fight most of the wiki is insulting them or whatever.

3: Okay, so why is this a reason to forbid them entirely?

2. The problem is you are too strong that is not funny that you just stomp all of your opponent, is this not boring? This lead to the first point where you can't find the fun.

3. I already said in OP its bad idea for ban, including forbid it.

2: Not really. I am perfectly fine having Oryx be too strong for like 80% of the 3-D characters on the wiki. I just don't expect to find matches for some people. It makes the matches that actually work all the more memorable too, since you've finally got a character who doesn't stomp. Of course, I have both Warhammer and destiny to use and can just throw the 4-Bs at one another so maybe I have it easy in this regard, but still.

3: Yeah but this isn't even really an issue. I don't think people aren't using my verses like Titanfall because they're powerful when they're haxless 9-B's, I think it's cause people don't know the verse.

2. Maybe you fine, but what about the others? And the new problem, you just got memorable match, then you and maybe the other want more to make it, and you can see what happen.

3. But what happen if people find it? With kind of work or stuff the verse will be known, like what happen to Katekyo Hitman Reborn, people doesn't know it until someone bring more matches......

Wait, that's actually me

Do you also then propose banning characters that are too weak to find fair matches because quite a few of them also exist on the wiki

I'm against banning matches simply based on the strength of a character

Paul Frank said:
Do you also then propose banning characters that are too weak to find fair matches because quite a few of them also exist on the wiki
I'm against banning matches simply based on the strength of a character
Read the OP again, i already said ban is bad idea hence why i open the other suggestion.

Antoniofer said:
CrimsonStarFallen said:
What's this even about? Like, what's the point of this thread?
I ask the same, I mean, "strong" verses will still remain "strong", we can't change that.
We can't change that yes, but we can prevent any incoming stomp matches spam in future.

Middle in the thread that it closed as stomp? it will just make more clusterfrik like you has many stomp matches in the discussion section then get new one.

That could work, but people might not seeing/ignoring it and just make it blindly.

Let just leave them to find out if it is an stomp or not, if it is pretty notable them it will be closed pretty quick. But if people is getting fun by finding it out, who are we to stop them? That's it, if it is really a stomp it wouldn't be added.

Stomps are not an issue here. They don't get added and most people aren't fully aware they are stomps when they make those threads. They also may not share the same rigid and strict standards that we do regarding what constitutes as a stomp (some people think 5-As can fight 4-Cs with comparable speed and abilities despite the AP gap).

The issue is spite threads, those threads (which tend to be stomps at times) made with a clear bias for/against a character or verse. Usually these are made for the purpose of just wanting to see a character lose. This is not the same as just being curious to see who can actually beat a certain character btw.

It's against the rules to repeatedly make spite threads, it's not against the rules to blindly make stomps. As redundant as it may get, it's not truly a concern.

Schnee One said:
Absolutely completely against this.
You talk about fun, yet you don't think people should even try making matches with these characters.

If Hax threads are boring, don't make them or participate

Simple.
Why people think i'm suggesting ban on this, i already said its bad idea in OP so i opening new suggestion.

No matter they should not try make the matches in the end someone will make it.

Back