• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is Yog-Sothoth still able to be used in Vs battles?

We generally tend to avoid featuring them in versus threads, yes. It is almost impossible to compare their power levels.

I think so, yes. We have no way of quantifying exactly how powerful they are in relation to each other.

@Ant

We sort of can, but it's so far from an exact science that it's more just saying "Character A is most likely stronger than charcter B" than something that can be used as a legitimate vs match up, and is thus something that is only ever really done for fun and never serious vs threads.

@Holyhotsauce

To compound the issue, Yog-Sothoth is High 1-A, meaning it stomps anything below other High 1-As and 0s, and a fight between two High 1-As, two 0s, or often even a High 1-A and a 0 is pretty much impossible to determine any sort of solid victor for in any meaningful sense, and thus would make a pretty terrible vs thread, even if we allowed them.

Is it possible for a 1-B character to beat a low 1-A character? I'm curious because I have no idea, although I'm leaning towards no it's impossible

Not from a logical standpoint, no, but writers recurrently do not care at all about logic.

Perhaps this rule should be stated.

It is strongly recommended not to create VS match-ups of tier 0 or 1-A characters, as they are often extremely hard to exactly evaluate, which makes any VS match-up involving them either inconclusive or a stomp thread.
However, the main reason that Yog shouldn't be used in VS matches is that he is absolutely above everything and anything, except being restricted by Azathoth.

It basically sums down to

• anything matched against Yogs, Yogs >>> said character because of his tiering.

Antvasima said:
Not from a logical standpoint, no, but writers recurrently do not care at all about logic.
Conceptual manipulation can defy logic on some level, Tier 1-A beings naturally do not care about logic, and are freed from it's basic definiton but however they are still bounded by the logic of their supreme being. Aka Tier 0. It/they created logic in their own sense of justice, which is why i disagree with your argument antvasima.

Well, I do not see how that has anything to do with characters bound by dimensions of time and space, and those that are not.

Antvasima said:
Well, I do not see how that has anything to do with characters bound by dimensions of time and space, and those that are not.
Tier-A beings by their given nature are dimensionless, and can manipulate logic and information on almost any level. Therefore i disagree with that writers recurrently ignore logic, because it's only consistent that they present their logic. Logic can be relative...

So maybe tier-1A vs fights are a possibility, i dont see why not....

Well, I was replying to if 1-B characters should be able to beat 1-A characters.

He was hypothetically referring to 1-A characters that are not very strong for the tier.

Well, the Anime Characters Fight wiki seems to allow them, but I do not think that most members within this wiki are generally well informed enough about the characters to make a proper evaluation.

Well, I still think that they end up as too speculative, due to insufficient information.

My idea : put the threads on the Fun and Game board so people wont get confused and try to add them on the profile's wwin and lose section.

Hmmm...that sound unreasonable though....

Antvasima said:
Well, I still think that they end up as too speculative, due to insufficient information.
Aren't the staff in the position to help clear out those insufficient info?, i can tell that most are well informed enough.

The fune and game's board can be a alternative...

Well, we are busy managing the content revision threads. The versus threads are not as important. In addition, most of us, including me, would have no idea regarding the speculative differences between most 1-A characters.

Well, personally I find it impossible to gauge a tier for which the Lovecraft mythos is a good example of the sheer staggering internal differences between the characters.

Take High 1-B for example, the scale of the characters within it can easily differ in power with an infinity^infinity^infinity etcetera number of times, and the same holds true for 1-A, with the exception that the word infinity no longer even holds any meaning at this scale.

Antvasima said:
=the word infinity no longer even holds any meaning at this scale.

The same with dimensions. I see no problem in comparing hierarchies of 1-A characters from different verses. There still can be qualitative differences.

Yes, but most people in this wiki, including myself, are not able to discern the differences well at all.

I never really understood the problem. Even simple 2-A battles ends up being discussions about hierarchy when determining the AP.

At the very least, a casual debate can still be had, even if it's acknowledged that it is difficult to determine exact placement between certain characters.

It's only once you move up to High 1-A and 0 that you reach no way of actually determining a victor due to the whole idea of those two tiers.

Well, I suppose, but it is extremely difficult to gauge the differences.

Well, we could change the 1-A there to "High 1-A", and add a sentence that goes something like, "In addition, while 1-A matches are acceptable, it is preferable if the participants are at least somewhat knowledgeable about the characters or franchises in question". Not sure.

I think that we need something more thorough than that, which explains that it takes considerable analysis to evaluate the qualitative differences between such characters.

Back