• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is there a rule on destroying equipment?

You mean like character A destroying character B's sword?

Why would there be a rule against that?

destroying or stealing is possible, the question is weather B even knows how to use A stolen stuff, or of the things have requirements to wield them
or the weapon could be a sentient type that tries to take over the owner etc.

Whenever someone is capable and will attemp to disarm, steal or destroy a weapon is up to the debate. There is no such a rule that prevents the use of such maneuvers.

Tarta said there was a rule against it on his blog, he must be trippin
It did come up a long time ago in a Blake Belladona vs Black Panther thread in the old forum regarding the latter's vibranium. Though I might have misunderstood that you can't break your own equipment when hitting something with higher durability or something like that.

It did come up a long time ago in a Blake Belladona vs Black Panther thread in the old forum regarding the latter's vibranium. Though I might have misunderstood that you can't break your own equipment when hitting something with higher durability or something like that.
I mean even in that regard blake's equipment is as durable as her and has a forcefield protecting it and shes strong enough to not be disarmed by t'challa so that analogy wouldnt even apply

I mean even in that regard blake's equipment is as durable as her and has a forcefield protecting it and shes strong enough to not be disarmed by t'challa so that analogy wouldnt even apply
I'm not doubting you, don't get me wrong. My point is IIRC it was that if assuming Blake fell short in AP would her weapon break. Honestly, I thought I just misunderstood the discussion about being a rule against it, but maybe it was being commented she actually had the AP or whatnot to harm Black Panther thus her weapon wouldn't break? I got it wrong that's the bottom line. Tbf, it was in the old forum a couple of years ago already. =P

Back