• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is there a calc for Planet Vegeta's destruction in DBS: Broly?

LordTracer

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Exactly what the title says, is there a calc for that yet? And if there is, shouldn't that be used instead of the prior DBS calc for Frieza's destruction of the planet?

I think the problem is, we don't get to see the explosion in real-time. We see snip-its of the explosion in Freeza's scouter but then it immediately cuts to the aftermath with the full lightshow - No possible or real way to calc the explosion proper.

We see the beginnings of the explosio and right before it actually detonates, it cuts to Freeza watching it and then when we go back, the explosion has already occurred.

Um, this might sound dumb because I'm not entirely sure how calcs work, but would it be possible to find out the AP by calcing the planet before its destruction and then calcing the aftermath of the explosion?

LordTracer said:
Um, this might sound dumb because I'm not entirely sure how calcs work, but would it be possible to find out the AP by calcing the planet before its destruction and then calcing the aftermath of the explosion?
I guess that's possible but for a more accurate measurement, it's always better to see the entire thing in its entirety rather than snip-its and what we guess from those snip-its.

Plus a lot of the reason why the original calc was so impressive was because of its intensity and its glow afterwards. If we do Before to After, we'd pretty much be assuming it's a more "normal end" explosion compared to the original calc.

Maybe, but weren't there moons around Planet Vegeta that Frieza destroyed in this one as well? It could still be pretty impressive.

Probably, but do we actually see how the moons are destroyed? IIRC the scene only shows Planet Vegeta's full aftermath.

It was more than likely destroy the same way and turned into some of the chucks left

Also the scene seems to continue it just change of shots. What I mean is when the planet explodes it flashes and when it cuts to the next scene you can still see the flashes to the side, then when it cut to a front view of Frieza you can see the flashes off his chair at the bottom of the screen. To me it seems like the time from 1:25 to 1:45 is the duration of the explosion and the cuts are just different angles of Frieza

Really it was just a question on if it's been calced or not, and if it has it should be applied as oppose to the current High 5-A calc.

It is not calced. I think the intensity of the explosion which we have very limited footage of isn't clear due to its reflection on the scouter. And the aftermath doesn't quite provide the full picture.

Would it be possible to get a rough calc of it? Like, even if it couldn't be used for some reason it'd still be nice to get an idea of what the feat scales to.

Mkay, I asked for it to be calced in the calc request thread.

I recall Matthew Schroeder mentioning that if we were to calc it, it would have the exact same yield as the one shown in Dragon Ball Super Anime. The speed in which the planet exploded was more or less the same.

So... can that be applied to Frieza and those that scale to him?

And it just got recalced back down to High 5-A (And barely higher than the current calc) oof. Plus Kep suggested just sticking to the current calc we use anyway just to be safe.

Just curious. What's the difference in AP from the previous calc?

The new calc is about 1.44 times higher than the previous calc after Kep pointedout the flaws with the mass and size, nothing too major but I think using the multipliers would give SSJ Goku and 100% Frieza a + on their small star ratings if the calc actually gets accepted.

Welp, at least a upgrade happen. I very minor one but still.

Back