• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is it not necessary to be the creator of everything to be omnipotent?

Also found this.

Implying that The Writer isnt even omnipotent, as he is merely the writer, from a metafictional standpoint, while the idea of Animal Man will persist on without him. (Even if the Writer dies,

The comics of Animal Man will not cease)
RCO010 1461891868
How tf was the writer omnipotent?

Yes, I believe our page isnt only for the Grant Morrison writer but for the collective writers of DC comics (not only the writer that appeared in Animal Man but for every writer in DC comics)

The Writer is an amalgamation of every single writer, so technically he created but didn't created at the same time.

You don't need to be the creator to be truly infinite to be honest, its just that nearly every omnipotent is depicted as the creator.

To my knowledge The Writer in DC is the creator of everything however it's also just a title given to the different real life writers.

Basically the specific writer of this panel didn't create everything but since he has the title "The Writer" he can still do anything he wants making him tier 0.

So basically, what is being said here is that The Writer's page is a composite version of characters rather than a single character?

Because there is still the fact that he states he can die and there is still the fact that he calls himself one of demiurgic power.
Screenshot 2018-06-22-10-38-39

Is easier if you just called someone knowledgeable in DC universe dude

And besides, he calls himself demiurge because he is just one of the many writers, but since we are referring to ALL the writers, then yeah, boundless

If you're hired by dc comics, then you too can become part of the Writer. Know your DC theology

CursedGentleman said:
Is easier if you just called someone knowledgeable in DC universe dude

And besides, he calls himself demiurge because he is just one of the many writers, but since we are referring to ALL the writers, then yeah, boundless
That pretty much sounds like a situation where a King dies and someone else becomes king, but the role of King itself is omnipotent. I find that hard to believe.

And I would get someone with DC knowledge if I knew any or knew how to get their attention.

I'm not understand what you are talking about? The Writer is a representation of all Writers, or the Creative Writing Force. Grant Morrison represented it as himself. The dialogue there isn't really meant to be taken as completely literal. That is missing the whole point of the Animal Man Storyline.

I mean, people keep saying that The Writer is an amalgam of all Writers, but all the scans I've seen of The Writer all talk about this one aspect, with no scans even mentioning this amalgamation of writers. At least giving some scans of that would help.

@Saikou

Seems pretty self-explanatory if you ask me. Grant Morrison wasn't putting himself as the literal creator of DC Comics, he was just expressing that the stories are created by a Writer. See Final Crisis for more evidence of this idea. What if the Writer drawing DC on the Overmonitor.

Wasn't The Law of Identity downgraded for not being Omniscient? I'm not questioning the writer, since its more the collective of DC writers as a whole and in this instance just being represented by Grant Morrison, but omniscience does seem to be a requirement.

The Law of Identity's scene is literally just.

"What can you do?"

"Who knows? I'm so powerful even I don't know~"

It's a pretty stupid reason. Even regular 1-As are already transcendent over the dual concepts of knowledge and ignorance, and plenty of 1-A, High 1-As and even some Tier 0s work in ways that make the concept of Omniscience limited.

I completely agree with Matt. For instance, Ain Soph is concealed and separated from all else, and is not a being that is capable of Thought as we comprehend it, as it cannot be expressed or described by associating positive attributes and characteristics to It through the utterance of the words "He is".

Yet It is like, the Textbook definition of Tier 0 and the most proeminent example of this Tier in philosophy

So its similar, in a sense, to how Azathoth is technically not asleep, dreaming, or even a god, since those are all just terms used by humans to attempt to describe what they are unable to properly comprehend?

Matthew Schroeder said:
The Law of Identity's scene is literally just.
"What can you do?"

"Who knows? I'm so powerful even I don't know~"
By the way about the Law of Identity. For the last few months, I've been revising this verse with the help of a Japanese-speaking guy. He told me that in the original this phrase sounds a little different. It seems there must be something like "Who knows? Maybe I can do anything or maybe I can do do nothing".

And yep, it not necessary to be the creator of everything to be omnipotent.

Matthew Schroeder said:
DarkLK said:
He told me that in the original this phrase sounds a little different. It seems there must be something like "Who knows? I can do anything or maybe I can do do nothing".
This makes the quote even more vague, and less of a limitation.
Quite possibly it was something like a light trolling in relation to the lower being.

I had even proposed "At least High 1-A, possibly higher" for LoI which pretty much says u are tier 0 without actually saying it

but yeah, the most omni thing the human mind has ever conjured should be the abrahamic god

Matthew Schroeder said:
It would fit her personality. This is a Supreme Being who takes the form of a cute highschool girl.
And then trolls this highschool girl with vague answers...

I am personally fine with returning her to tier 0 if it is not philosophically necessary to be omniscient in order to qualify.

Matthew, Well, I have not yet analyzed the original version of the latest volumes.

Although there are not expected to be any new problems, except for that there already was. In the finale, she actually created a new Law of Identity. Although she is still beyond this. I would say that the Law of Identity is high 1-A, but this thing (True God) that Keena embodies is maybe tier 0. In the end, the Law of Identity was just the name given by the lower beings. It does not convey the fullness of this being.

Back