• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is being able to fight while blind considered Skill or Enhanced Senses?

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
I've been meaning to ask this question for a bit.

I've seen quite a few people used feats like fighting while blind a skill feat (I was even told that before), but I've recently seen people say that fighting while blind is considered Enhanced Senses. That's what has been bothering me for a bit.

Here's an example I've used that was dismissed as a skill feat, but from the recent threads I've seen, I'm not sure if it's a Skill feat or Enhanced Senses.

Depends on the context. If the character has good enough other senses then they may be able to fight even without their sense of sight. Daredevil is blind, but makes up for it with his "radar sense", for instance. However a character may be able to fight while blind via predicting his opponents next move or something, and countering accordingly.

Video you linked is unavailable for me btw

Video is blocked in my region :/

In any case, it depends on the context. But most likely, it will come under enhanced senses. Like I could - theoretically - with closed eyes throw my hands around by following the sound of my "opponent" but I have literally 0 skills, so I can't use that as my justifications for martial arts, for example. So, yes, would be enhanced senses, although depending on the context, it can be nothing as well.

Just want to point out I don’t think Johnny Test never have any enhanced sense feats as far as I am aware, but he does have ninja DNA which probably helps with reflexes.

It can be both, depending on the situation - generally speaking.

Even if granted as a special ability, it can be enhanced senses or extrasensory perception.

AFAIK most "fighting in the dark" and "fighting while blinded, blindfolded or blind" are just enhanced senses. (Daredevil (Marvel Comics), All For One, Jinx (G.I. Joe Movie), etc)

It can be arguable though on some more "realistic" characters like Ip Man (Donnie Yen).

It can be both, depending on the situation - generally speaking.

Even if granted as a special ability, it can be enhanced senses or extrasensory perception.

AFAIK most "fighting in the dark" and "fighting while blinded, blindfolded or blind" are just enhanced senses.
Are you able to see link I posted?

Thanks for the input, btw.

Back