• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Iron Man's Wonky Grand Canyon Calculations

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
This is to call to attention two REALLY POOR calculations being used currently to scale iron Man

Iron Man's Grand Canyon Blasting feat
  • Premise of this calculation is reliant on the rock Iron Man blows up to be the EXACT VOLUME required to completely fill up, and who gives us this metric? Scarlet Witch everyone, the secret hypergenius to quantify the size of a rock the second she sees it and cannot possibly state hyperboles. Yeah this is a dumb calc to have around, Americans comparing shit to Grand Canyon isn't even an uncommon thing to my knowledge.
  • Even ignoring that, Iron Man only blasted away enough rocks to set them free, he didn't vaporize every single rock in that area's general vicinity
Iron Man's Grand Canyon "Creation" Feat
  • This is a calc of a similar premise, Iron Man has to create a canyon the size of "half the Grand Canyon", this has a slight bit more validity to it, but it still feels like a massive hyperbole from Stark considering he didn't run any calculations and said it in a moment of panic.
  • Even ignoring that, we see this crater later on in the comic (the red hole is the crater btw) and it even that wide compared to Stark and can barely hold Fin Fang Foom. Now don't get me wrong, Fin Fang Foom is a huge ************, but he isn't "HIGHER THAN THE GRAND CANYON" tall. All in all this is a massively wanked calculation

It's not really discussing calculations standards it's discussing calculation context. Cqlc Members don't have any real responsibility for the context of the calculation itself, they check if the method and numbers are right.

So this is a verse supporter relevant revision imo

I agree with not using them, the first is a cleat exaggeration and figure of speech, the second is just inconsistent and doesn't match what is actually shown.

I agree with Impress, but do not know what we should replace these feats with.

There is a collection of feats right now on the Iron Man weapons thread, we'll appreciate if anyone will volunteer to calculate them

Okay. Feel free to ask a few calc group members for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back