• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So Sonic is stronger, more durable, has immense pain tolerance and arguably has more combat skill

Don't see how coco gets passed him, i'll vote sonic

Being the cringe advocate here, it's possible to highball Coco to being Street Level due to her being able to easily defeat Marsh who could pick up and toss people several meters with one arm. While this is an outlier, I might argue that her rage amp has a different buff depending on how much "Rage" she possesses at the time, so the instance with Marsh might've been her at her peak. 🤔

Being the cringe advocate here, it's possible to highball Coco to being Street Level due to her being able to easily defeat Marsh who could pick up and toss people several meters with one arm. While this is an outlier, I might argue that her rage amp has a different buff depending on how much "Rage" she possesses at the time, so the instance with Marsh might've been her at her peak. 🤔
The page has a note saying she shouldn’t scale there since people weaker than Marsh can beat her. And it’s not on the profile so we just can’t use it.

The page has a note saying she shouldn’t scale there since people weaker than Marsh can beat her. And it’s not on the profile so we just can’t use it.
For the former thing, I'd argue that verses can have those inconsistencies, and yet the characters still scale to where they do. If she lost to people before beating Marsh, I can write it off as Coco not having being as strong back then. If she lost to people after being Marsh, I can write it off as her opponents having gotten stronger since the Marsh incident.

If anything, there would be two Keys in this case. Pre-Marsh, and Marsh/Post-Marsh.

For the former thing, I'd argue that verses can have those inconsistencies, and yet the characters still scale to where they do. If she lost to people before beating Marsh, I can write it off as Coco not having being as strong back then. If she lost to people after being Marsh, I can write it off as her opponents having gotten stronger since the Marsh incident.

If anything, there would be two Keys in this case. Pre-Marsh, and Marsh/Post-Marsh.
You could make a CRT thread if you wanna make changes to the profile. I’m not knowledgeable on this verse so I can’t really comment besides saying there would likely be statements of everyone that can beat Coco getting stronger.

You could make a CRT thread if you wanna make changes to the profile. I’m not knowledgeable on this verse so I can’t really comment besides saying there would likely be statements of everyone that can beat Coco getting stronger.
Fair. When I think of this subject, it reminds me of a scene from the Fairy Tail manga that, while quite hazy in my head in terms.of how much I remember it, went something like this iirc.

Basically, a random fighter in the GMG (I'll just call them NPC 1), had trouble against Natsu in nearly all facets, and is forced to tactically retreat to avoid getting eliminated.

Natsu is shown throughout the series up to that point as being inferior to Erza for the most part (He becomes stronger than her later on, but not here).

Finally, Erza earlier on struggles against another random fighter (I'll call this one NPC 2), and doesn't have much in the way of defeating them.

So logically, if NPC 1 and NPC 2 were to fight, NPC 1 would get smoked..... Except NPC 1 actually one shots NPC 2. No statements of getting stronger since he fought Natsu earlier on in the same tournament. He just..... Did.

What I'm getting at is that sudden powercreep can happen in short timespans within fiction (Especially when a character has emotion based powers such as Coco's rags amps), and so typically, pre and post versions within that timespan are used.

As for how I'd change Coco's profile, it'd go from

10-B | 10-A
Base | Rage Amp

I'd change it to

10-B | 10-A, up to/possibly 9-C
Base | Rage Amp

Fair. When I think of this subject, it reminds me of a scene from the Fairy Tail manga that, while quite hazy in my head in terms.of how much I remember it, went something like this iirc.

Basically, a random fighter in the GMG (I'll just call them NPC 1), had trouble against Natsu in nearly all facets, and is forced to tactically retreat to avoid getting eliminated.

Natsu is shown throughout the series up to that point as being inferior to Erza for the most part (He becomes stronger than her later on, but not here).

Finally, Erza earlier on struggles against another random fighter (I'll call this one NPC 2), and doesn't have much in the way of defeating them.

So logically, if NPC 1 and NPC 2 were to fight, NPC 1 would get smoked..... Except NPC 1 actually one shots NPC 2. No statements of getting stronger since he fought Natsu earlier on in the same tournament. He just..... Did.

What I'm getting at is that sudden powercreep can happen in short timespans within fiction (Especially when a character has emotion based powers such as Coco's rags amps), and so typically, pre and post versions within that timespan are used.

As for how I'd change Coco's profile, it'd go from

10-B | 10-A
Base | Rage Amp

I'd change it to

10-B | 10-A, up to/possibly 9-C
Base | Rage Amp
There’s actually an upgrade thread for Coco right now. Maybe bring up those points there. Also nice to see someone else who watches Fairy Tail

There’s actually an upgrade thread for Coco right now. Maybe bring up those points there. Also nice to see someone else who watches Fairy Tail
I'm the thread creator.

There's a canon reason that I'm surprised most people don't pick up on as to why Coco took down Marsh. If you pay attention to Coco with Elliot during Marsh's scene, she was upset Marsh defeated Elliot.

I'll refine the note accordingly to this information on this thread or the CRT and see what everyone thinks later.

I'm the thread creator.

There's a canon reason that I'm surprised most people don't pick up on as to why Coco took down Marsh. If you pay attention to Coco with Elliot during Marsh's scene, she was upset Marsh defeated Elliot.

I'll refine the note accordingly to this information on this thread or the CRT and see what everyone thinks later.
Ah. The main reason why I don't think the situation means that much was because regardless of how she got into her Rage Amp, she still did, and she still did defeat Marsh. The power difference would only need to be about x8 from the previous episodes. That sounds like a huge difference, but the gap between an average Small City Level feat and an average City Level feat is actually bigger, yet the City Level feat isn't typically considered an outlier, moreso just a higher end feat.

Back