• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Input on a particular profile?

It's a hard no from me. It's undoubtably inconsistent with everything else and comes from a verse not suited to VSBW in the slightest

Not really knowledgeable on Blues Clues, but I know for a fact it has no combat applicable feats whatsoever. Heck, the main reason I can surmise why children's shows don't get profiles here is because they barely have any conflict. Thier feats don't work in a fight because they don't fight.

You can possibly make an argument about children's shows with superheroes, but Blue's Clues is about a dude and a cute dog going around teaching kids basic problem solving. There's nothing there we can catalog for the purpose of a fight.

"when literally drawing a picture with stars in it makes you Star Level now.."

Love how you totally gave the full context on that feat. Not bringing up that these pictures he creates he also has entered into before to show that they are actually dimensions he has created with a literal world of its own inside. Which is why the fact there's a sun as well, is where the star level comes from. Not because he just drew a picture of a star. He created a dimension that literally holds a world and star in it. Big difference to what you make it sound like.

"Not really knowledgeable on Blues Clues, but I know for a fact it has no combat applicable feats whatsoever. Heck, the main reason I can surmise why children's shows don't get profiles here is because they barely have any conflict. Their feats don't work in a fight because they don't fight."

Plenty of verses and pages on the wiki have characters who don't fight, aren't meant for fighting, and yet still have pages. Because They just have the capability to. Wether it's through sheer strength due to some feat or a variety of hacks. Steve has potential in debate just because he is so hacky and potentially powerful as well. We have let Far Less Combat usable characters have pages and never got complaints. Less abilities, less hacks, less powerful. Haruka Takayama, A girl who literally is just human level and street if she has a bat. Hatsuna Wakabayashi, a girl who's only power is to regenerate. And while good Regen. She still is just human level with far less capabilities and no realistic fight she could have on the wiki. Haru Ichinose, Hitomi Kanzaki, Higashikawa Mamoru, Hideto Tobari, Kazari Uiharu, Ect Ect

Just look at those pages. I skipped over quite a few of some while looking for these and didn't even get halfway through the list of people on this tier like this. There are several more pages like these that get a pass. Most of these people have maybe 1 or 2 things they can use in combat. The last one isn't even combat prepared at all. Just a normal human who is smart. At least Steve has dozens of hacks, physical feats, and impressive speed. He could actually be placed next to people. Even if he doesn't fight in character. We have some characters who are downright pacifist. so I don't really see the reason he can't have a page. He has haxs and powers, impressive feats, and good speed. Not fighting shouldn't be an issue considering how many pages we have on people who don't really fight. It should check out.

@Jacky

No problem.

The feat even if legitimate, does not discount the main point; which is that the verse itself is just simply not for this wiki.

All the characters that you just linked, you want to know what they have in common? They all come from verses with characters that actually fight. Hell, I could name a few characters of my own that don't fight like Wall-nut, Sunflower, Mr. Glass, and Milagro Ma.

They all come from verses where the characters in them have established conflict and are put into senarios where their skills come into play to battle each other. Maybe one or two of the characters you listed out don't fight whatsoever; that still doesn't change the fact that many other characters in their verse fight or have combat applicable skills.

When in Blue's Clues has Steve ever needed to throw a punch? Where is the conflict? Show me where in Blue's Clues Steve has ever used his hax offensively. I can tell you that the answer is never. Unless you watched a much darker version of Blue's Clues than I did.

Honestly, if they fight or not shouldn't matter. Just having powers and abilities seperating them from a normal creature or object from the real world and having a well enough realized character should allow you to have profiles

I think people don't realize that the "VS battles" in our name is purely a remanant from the past and in our current state the site's main purpose is just compiling statistics of a character, not providing a platform for two different characters to have a hypothetical match up with each other. So whether a character fights in canon or not shouldn't be a criteria for whether they're allowed or not since having them fight isn't the wiki's main priority

Andy is correct about that being a fighting character is not necessary. Having quantifiable feats to scale from is necessary though.

Back