• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Information regarding the wiki's downtime on May 18, 2022

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

This is just an information message regarding what happened yesterday.

I was previously told that there would be a system update to MediaWiki 1.37 near the end of this month, and the displayed editing error message made it seem like the wiki was being moved to a new location, so I was initially not certain what was going on, and asked Fandom about it. However, I am European, and Fandom has its office in San Fransisco, so it took a few hours before I received a reply.

Anyway, it thankfully turned out that it was just the regular system update, but the conversion process was buggy and had to be rolled back and redone, which is why our wiki was locked from editing for around 7 to 8 hours yesterday. I was also so tired yesterday that I didn't think of creating a public information message before I went to bed.

Regardless, I have been told that there seem to be a few new bugs in the programming, so please tell me about them here, so I can inform our wiki manager in turn, and he can hopefully get Fandom's official programmers to correct them.

Thank you for any help, and my apologies for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
See here for more specific information about the system update in question:

I do not think so, but please tell me here if you notice any significant programming bugs afterwards.

hmm, the update is not much, aside from some new additions in the editing mode. However, i feel like the response when editing is somehow slightly slower than before

How about discussion?
We use this external forum, not Fandom's internal discussions forum feature. It has too few options to manage properly, and nobody in our staff had the time to manage two forums at the same time, so it turned far too chaotic to maintain.

Yes, have experienced this and was well aware. Though admittedly, it would have been preferable if this thread was made before that happen. But it came unexpectedly and there's no hard blame to anyone.

Yes, I did not receive any advance warning the days before this happened.

Nothing anyone could've really done, and the site is working again so no need to dwell on it.

There was a previous bug that I experienced which made it so that I could not enter the Wiki on Fandom without the page crashing on mobile.

Is that a glitch that may have been caused by this or is this a problem with me specifically? I don't know if others have experienced this bug.

I haven't noticed or heard about it previously at least.

unknown.png

I don't know if I'm the only one that this happens to.

Back