• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Information about upcoming advertisements in this forum

My ads now are also fine currently, I'm mainly getting ads about prommotional stuff regarding games/movies, chocolates, eletronic stuff such as computers, healthy etc, I did not have any problems in the past days to now, everything is fine to me as well, i will comment if I find inappropriate stuff

My ads now are also fine currently, I'm mainly getting ads about prommotional stuff regarding games/movies, chocolates, eletronic stuff such as computers, healthy etc, I did not have any problems in the past days to now, everything is fine to me as well, i will comment if I find inappropriate stuff
Same as this.

I did get an advertisement for funerals which was depressing, I should've got the link, but I haven't seen it pop up since. Is there anyway I can get ads that aren't tracking my location? I'd rather not have them if that's possible.

I got an ad for... some cream that has something to do with zits and breastfeeding?
unknown.png

IIRC, we're supposed to post links of the ads if we want them blocked on this site, so here it is.

On second thought, that seems to be a link to a genuine support service for personal trauma. Is it really a good idea to block it?

I thought we were supposed to report inappropriate ads, and since this was talking about military sexual assault stuff, I thought it should be blocked.

I personally don't mind if it stays. You should probably get others opinions, though.

I don't think the breastfeeding ad was inappropriate either. Like, there is nothing NSFW about it, it's just breastfeeding.

Seems like they've added another ad placement in the middle of threads...

I thought we were against this?

I have argued against it, but the others want to see if the community considers it acceptable or not first.

I don't think the breastfeeding ad was inappropriate either. Like, there is nothing NSFW about it, it's just breastfeeding.
Well, it isn't of interest for this community at least.

I have argued against it, but the others want to see if the community considers it acceptable or not first.
Well, I'm voting against putting ads in the middle of threads for users. People who haven't signed up, that's fine, but people who are contributing deserve a little slack and it's kinda intrusive imho.

Sorry if I keep going on and on, but they've just upped the amount of adds from 3 to 4. It seems like if the thread is long enough there's an additional ad placement.

Thats one at the top of the page (fine), one after the first post on a page (not okay), one in the middle of the thread (not okay), and one bellow the reply box (fine)

I personally agree, but my friend who owns this forum wants the advertisements to cover all of his monthly costs for this forum (including our system manager), and plans to launch an option to get rid of all advertisements by paying a small yearly Patreon subscription fee, which would also give those members "Supporter" badges.

The last I heard, staff members will automatically get rid of the advertisements though, unless he has changed his mind.

I will gladly support more ads, as long as they are placed appropriately. I don't think regular users deserve to have ads placed in the middle of threads. For PC users I'll admit that it isn't so bad, but for the mobile users, they take up a third of the page, and that's pretty unfair for people who contribute regularly.

Yes, I personally agree.

I will see if I can convince the others.

Do you have any better suggestions for where we can place the advertisements?

I'd suggest having another at the bottom of the similar threads section, around where the share function is. If the 4th ad is necessary, I'd put it with the ad that's under the reply box, just above the similar threads section.

I do not think that lumping together the ads like that is remotely optimal.

Neither do I, but I don't see another place for it. Threads are a non-option for placing ads. Underneath the fc/oc sub forum, on the homepage, there's a giant gap that is just blank. It's free real estate to place ads imho.

screenshoteasy_4.png

Okay. I cannot see your example image though. I think that only bureaucrats can upload them here for safety reasons.

Underneath the FC/OC sub-forum, on the home page, there's a just a huge gap full of nothing. It's free real estate.

Back