• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact AKM sama if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • It is now possible for our members to pay for Supporter memberships that are free from advertisements.

It is also very appreciated if regular visitors help with financing our community by making donations.

Please click here to learn more.

Information about upcoming advertisements in this forum

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
I have argued against it, but the others want to see if the community considers it acceptable or not first.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
I don't think the breastfeeding ad was inappropriate either. Like, there is nothing NSFW about it, it's just breastfeeding.
Well, it isn't of interest for this community at least.

Colonel_Krukov

Burnt out
VS Battles
FC/OC Battles
Administrator
Thread Moderator
Image Helper
I have argued against it, but the others want to see if the community considers it acceptable or not first.
Well, I'm voting against putting ads in the middle of threads for users. People who haven't signed up, that's fine, but people who are contributing deserve a little slack and it's kinda intrusive imho.

Colonel_Krukov

Burnt out
VS Battles
FC/OC Battles
Administrator
Thread Moderator
Image Helper
Sorry if I keep going on and on, but they've just upped the amount of adds from 3 to 4. It seems like if the thread is long enough there's an additional ad placement.

Thats one at the top of the page (fine), one after the first post on a page (not okay), one in the middle of the thread (not okay), and one bellow the reply box (fine)

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
I personally agree, but my friend who owns this forum wants the advertisements to cover all of his monthly costs for this forum (including our system manager), and plans to launch an option to get rid of all advertisements by paying a small yearly Patreon subscription fee, which would also give those members "Supporter" badges.

The last I heard, staff members will automatically get rid of the advertisements though, unless he has changed his mind.

Colonel_Krukov

Burnt out
VS Battles
FC/OC Battles
Administrator
Thread Moderator
Image Helper
I will gladly support more ads, as long as they are placed appropriately. I don't think regular users deserve to have ads placed in the middle of threads. For PC users I'll admit that it isn't so bad, but for the mobile users, they take up a third of the page, and that's pretty unfair for people who contribute regularly.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Yes, I personally agree.

I will see if I can convince the others.

Do you have any better suggestions for where we can place the advertisements?

Colonel_Krukov

Burnt out
VS Battles
FC/OC Battles
Administrator
Thread Moderator
Image Helper
I'd suggest having another at the bottom of the similar threads section, around where the share function is. If the 4th ad is necessary, I'd put it with the ad that's under the reply box, just above the similar threads section.

Colonel_Krukov

Burnt out
VS Battles
FC/OC Battles
Administrator
Thread Moderator
Image Helper
Neither do I, but I don't see another place for it. Threads are a non-option for placing ads. Underneath the fc/oc sub forum, on the homepage, there's a giant gap that is just blank. It's free real estate to place ads imho.

screenshoteasy_4.png

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Okay. I cannot see your example image though. I think that only bureaucrats can upload them here for safety reasons.

Colonel_Krukov

Burnt out
VS Battles
FC/OC Battles
Administrator
Thread Moderator
Image Helper
Underneath the FC/OC sub-forum, on the home page, there's a just a huge gap full of nothing. It's free real estate.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hmm. That does not seem inappropriate enough to block from viewing here.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Okay. I will check. Thank you for helping out.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
It seems to lead to the following URL. It is some kind of dumb gossip site, but I am not sure whether or not it is severe enough to block.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Please post the url of what is being advertised. Otherwise I cannot get rid of it for you.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Is it a hentai game?

Anyway, I blocked it.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Okay. Should I unblock the link then?

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Thank you for providing a proper link to the advertised site in question.

So should I block the advertisement or not? I have a maximum of 500 block slots, so they will eventually run out if I am being too excessive in this regard.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Not staff, but I did read through one of the stories.
It depicted a graphic rape scene including nudity.

I'm assuming this is grounds to block it.
Okay. I will block the site then.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
My cellphone screen is filled with announces :/
Advertisements or forum message announcements? If it is the latter, you can easily permanently remove them by clicking on the X button.

Last edited: