• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU - Infinity Stones Durability Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree for 2-A durability, maybe for Thanos we can give him a possibly 2-A rating with the complete Gauntlet since he does use the word destroy rather than erase or something else that would imply hax

I mean his speech makes it seem like he reduced them to atoms with his AP
There's no indication of that. He just said that he used the stones to destroy the stones and we canonically know of two examples of things attuned to the stones being able to destroy them. If they are 2-A no one would scale to their durability.

they weren't active during the entire battle with the Watcher
What? They were active plenty of times in the fight. They visibly glow at multiple points and between scenes where you can see them have a lightning difference.

The thing with Ultron was that he was able to freely use the stones without backlash. They would always be active, he just choses when to use their powers (which is why he lost)

What? They were active plenty of times in the fight. They visibly glow at multiple points and between scenes where you can see them have a lightning difference.
Yes, but that's pointless since if you watch the battle again you will see that when Ultron receives a shockwave or a blow from the Watcher the stones doesn't glow. For example here, Ultron is destroying multiple timelines with him and The Watcher being at point blank range from the shockwaves and the stones aren't glowing
They would always be active, he just choses when to use their powers
The stones aren't always active since we can see them glow when Ultron uses them, and we know that the stones also glow when they grant physical amps thanks to Ronan, otherwise Thanos would be 5-C. Saying that the stones are always active is like saying that Ultron's hax is passive, or that each of his blows or energy attacks have hax with them

Yes, but that's pointless since if you watch the battle again you will see that when Ultron receives a shockwave or a blow from the Watcher the stones doesn't glow. For example here, Ultron is destroying multiple timelines with him and The Watcher being at point blank range from the shockwaves and the stones aren't glowing
While I get your point here, Ultron did not destroy any timelines in that scene. He just changed them as an aftereffect. Nothing was destroyed.
The stones aren't always active since we can see them glow when Ultron uses them
That's my point. They're glowing and not glowing at random points and they don't glow when he clearly uses a Stone's power like when he grows to be the size of a galaxy. He can use them whenever, so comparing them to Thanos doesn't work in my view.
is like saying that Ultron's hax is passive
It's not, I said that Ultron just has to chose when to use their powers which isn't a passive ability. It's active thought.
each of his blows or energy attacks have hax with them
They'd only have those abilities if Ultron wanted them to have those abilities. Ultron never uses the reality stone to effect anyone, only uses the Time Stone once, etc. He's terrible at using the stones effectively, but that doesn't mean he can't just trigger them whenever he wants to.

While I get your point here, Ultron did not destroy any timelines in that scene. He just changed them as an aftereffect. Nothing was destroyed.
WoG stated that Ultron was punching across multiverses turning them into one messy universe soup. And even dismissing that there are other moments where Ultron is hit by the Watcher or a shockwave and the stones aren't glowing
That's my point. They're glowing and not glowing at random points and they don't glow when he clearly uses a Stone's power like when he grows to be the size of a galaxy.
We don't see all the stones when Ultron grows the size of a galaxy. But when he grows the size of a building and we can see all the stones they glow, specifically the Power and Reality Stone
He can use them whenever, so comparing them to Thanos doesn't work in my view.
Thanos can also use the stones whenever, the only difference between them is that Ultron activates them with a thought, since the stones are like a part of his body, and Thanos by using the gauntlet

Which occurred off screen.

This only further backs my point in my view. The ston3s are inconsistent but Ultron still uses their powers a bunch when fighting people.

Thanos can also use the stones whenever,
Thanos must do an action. The point of the IG is that the stones are only triggered when you close your fist or snap. Thanos cried in pain from the power stone being touching his skin, he couldn't handle all of them being attached to his body like with Ultron

Which occurred off screen.
I'm pretty sure the statement refers to that scene as the statement says that Ultron is legit punching across multiverses turning them into one messy universe soup and in the scene Ultron is punching The Watcher warping everything around them
This only further backs my point in my view. The ston3s are inconsistent but Ultron still uses their powers a bunch when fighting people.
Not really? When Ultron grows to the size of a galaxy we don't see the stones glow because the stones themselves don't appear during the scene as they're covered by the galaxy. And I doubt that a single scene where we don't see the stones glow is enough to say that they're inconsistent in every single scene
Thanos cried in pain from the power stone being touching his skin
Because that is a quality of the Power Stone, Gamora stated that it reacts to anything organic, Ultron's Vibranium armor isn't organic like Thanos
he couldn't handle all of them being attached to his body like with Ultron
Technically the stones aren't attached to Ultron's Vision body, except for the Mind Stone the others are attached to his Vibranium armor, and we can see it clearly when Killmonger uses it

I'm pretty sure the statement refers to that scene as the statement says that Ultron is legit punching across multiverses turning them into one messy universe soup
The scene only shows them breaking through timeline walls.
the scene Ultron is punching The Watcher warping everything around them
Exactly, he changes and warps but does not destroy. The crater Ultron makes by punching the Watcher is consistent through the reality shifts and gets bigger with every punch thrown.

Nothing was destroyed, only changed.

And I doubt that a single scene where we don't see the stones glow is enough
We see plenty of times that the stone glows are inconsistent. They go from being fully active to non-active throughout both of Ultron's major fights.

Because that is a quality of the Power Stone, Gamora stated that it reacts to anything organic, Ultron's Vibranium armor isn't organic like Thanos

You're agreeing with me. That's the point, Ultron always has access to the stones and can use them at will by just thinking.

Technically the stones aren't attached to Ultron's Vision body, except for the Mind Stone the others are attached to his Vibranium armor, and we can see it clearly when Killmonger uses it
That still doesn't change that he can trigger any of them at will.

We see plenty of times that the stone glows are inconsistent. They go from being fully active to non-active throughout both of Ultron's major fights.
For example?
You're agreeing with me. That's the point, Ultron always has access to the stones and can use them at will by just thinking.
I just said that Ultron isn't affected by the Power Stone like Thanos because it reacts to anything organic, and Ultron's armor isn't organic. In any case, I never disagreed with Ultron activating the stones by thought, he himself says that he can destroy galaxies with a thought, but I don't understand what that has to do with your argument that the stones are always active when we can clearly see them glow when they are used, and so do when they grant physical amps. If you can prove that the glow of the stones is inconsistent with scans then I'll concede

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back